Has anyone noticed that when you run your finger over the space bar some of the other keys move. Not a huge issue, but on my curve the space bar seems a little lower on the right side and the B, N, H, J, Y and U keys move slightly. Any thoughts?
    06-16-08 10:30 AM
    Since the keyboard keys are all one peice ( so dont go trying to pry one out individually ) I am not suprized that they will move slightly when one is moved from side to side. As for some of the keys looking lower than the others. I never saw anything that would cause that to happen, unless your case is not snapped into place properly. That could casue the keys to look caddywhompus.
    06-16-08 11:39 AM
    mine all move a little too. however, my keys are not caddywhompus.
    06-16-08 11:46 AM
    I wouldn't say the keys are caddywhompus.
    06-16-08 11:53 AM
    i've noticed some clicking sounds of the keyboards while typing..a slightly loose feeling that many other users have stated, but i've never experienced multiple keys move like that.
    06-16-08 12:05 PM
    my 8300 is the same way...just part of the design
    06-16-08 12:19 PM
    This isn't necessarily a sign of the keyboard being "flimsy," per se... As was stated above, the keyboard is all one piece. So when you move one key, a couple others are bound to move also.
    06-16-08 01:48 PM
    I really do not think what you are experiencing is a big deal at all... I think you are obsessed with your berry and don't want something to be wrong with it... hahaha
    06-16-08 01:50 PM
    Mine does the same thing. At least now I know its not a defect. On mine if you push the shift keys other keys move as well.
    06-16-08 04:24 PM
    Mine does this as well. I also wondered about this one being flimsy because when I turned it over I thought I heard something loose inside it. As it turns out, I think it is the track ball! LOL, I almost took it back to the store.
    06-19-08 12:05 PM
    is for sure..... my curve is honestly atleast the 10th smart phone iv ever owned and my personal opinion is that it has the worst keyboard i have ever used. This is my personal opinion and there are lots of people who would disagree with me but i wonder how many of them have owned dozens of phones.
    06-19-08 01:59 PM
    is for sure..... my curve is honestly atleast the 10th smart phone iv ever owned and my personal opinion is that it has the worst keyboard i have ever used. This is my personal opinion and there are lots of people who would disagree with me but i wonder how many of them have owned dozens of phones.
    You would be surprised, lol... Some of them have a dozen that they have right now! I can't imagine how many they have had that they don't own anymore.
    06-19-08 02:51 PM
    I don't see what is wrong with the keyboard. It's not a defect of the phone or poor construction. It is a one piece keyboard. You have to expect that other keys will move when you press one. That just comes with the territory. And it's not that the device is "flimsy" or low quality. Would you really want the keys to be super sturdy and hard to press? That would make navigating the device via keyboard too difficult.
    06-19-08 03:02 PM
    I don't see what is wrong with the keyboard. It's not a defect of the phone or poor construction. It is a one piece keyboard. You have to expect that other keys will move when you press one. That just comes with the territory. And it's not that the device is "flimsy" or low quality. Would you really want the keys to be super sturdy and hard to press? That would make navigating the device via keyboard too difficult.
    Yup, I agree.

The harder you have to press a key down the slower you type. And the more frustrated you become. Then one day, as your Berry takes a flight out of the window because you got so pissed and started waving your arms around cursing RIM for making a keyboard that was too stiff. You'll sit there thinking "I wish they would have stayed with that nice little one piece keyboard."
    06-19-08 03:05 PM
    caddywhompus.
    LMAO! I cant stand a Caddywhompas BB!
    06-19-08 03:11 PM
    LMAO! I cant stand a Caddywhompas BB!
    AHHH, Red Ring Of Death! Get it away. (Your avatar.)
    06-19-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD