Moderators please forgive me as I did not want my post getting buried deep in the 'Q10 keyboard doubling thread'

This is for anyone in Canada that is thinking of sending in their Q10 for a keyboard replacement to Rogers, Bell, or Telus.

In Ontario, the carriers were using a company called Flextronics located in Newmarket ON. to perform repairs on BlackBerry devices. As of April 29, 2014 Flextronics is no longer the company doing this. I just found this out. It's too long a story to get into and is probably best left in a different thread, as to my experience with what occured. Suffice it to say, I never got my original device returned, and was given a refurb without my approval.

So if you plan on having something done about your keyboard on your Q10, please be advised that Flextronics in ON. isn't where devices are being sent anymore.

I'm still trying to find out what exactly happened to my original device, and if there is a new company doing repairs for Rogers, Bell, and Telus. I'll try and keep you posted.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 02:13 AM
    Honestly I'd rather have a refurb than my old one back anyway. i've never had bad luck with refurbs. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-14 04:11 AM
    Moderators please forgive me as I did not want my post getting buried deep in the 'Q10 keyboard doubling thread'

This is for anyone in Canada that is thinking of sending in their Q10 for a keyboard replacement to Rogers, Bell, or Telus.

In Ontario, the carriers were using a company called Flextronics located in Newmarket ON. to perform repairs on BlackBerry devices. As of April 29, 2014 Flextronics is no longer the company doing this. I just found this out. It's too long a story to get into and is probably best left in a different thread, as to my experience with what occured. Suffice it to say, I never got my original device returned, and was given a refurb without my approval.

So if you plan on having something done about your keyboard on your Q10, please be advised that Flextronics in ON. isn't where devices are being sent anymore.

I'm still trying to find out what exactly happened to my original device, and if there is a new company doing repairs for Rogers, Bell, and Telus. I'll try and keep you posted.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    Glad I'm in the UK where BlackBerry UK do the repairs.
    05-28-14 04:19 AM
    Honestly I'd rather have a refurb than my old one back anyway. i've never had bad luck with refurbs. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    I agree with you 1000% Bla1ze , somehow they work better than out of the box new, I guess having the individual attention and ironing out all the issues hardware wise, is the reason for that. They normally replace a new housing on them too.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:22 AM
    My experience with the refurbished ones has been excellent too.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 10:59 AM
    Rogers now deals with a company called SBE Canada for their blackberry repairs
    05-30-14 09:46 AM
    I have only had an issues with a refurbished torch.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    05-30-14 09:50 AM
    What keyboard replacement?!
    05-31-14 03:24 AM
    Rogers now deals with a company called SBE Canada for their blackberry repairs
    Thanks for the info! I'm gonna give them a call and see what they can tell me.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 01:58 PM
    Bell also deals with SBE now. When I first sent my Q10 in for it's double typing issue, they didn't even have a contract to begin fixing any BlackBerry's yet! I was infuriated. They also sent me a "new" device. which is strange, not sure if they couldn't fix the device or what. Anyways doesn't matter, I'm happy on the Z10 for now.
    06-01-14 04:24 PM
    Just an update for everyone.

So I called SBE to see what they could do. Well as it turns out, according to the customer service rep who answered my call, SBE doesn't actually do the damn work at all. They send devices to a sub-contractor. Of course she wouldn't tell me who the sub-contractor was. She indicated to me that she would take my name and number and have the Service manager call me back later that day because "there was nothing she could do to help me!"

.......Ummmmm that was 2 days ago. No call back!

Please becareful when dealing with Carrier stores in regards to service. These people don't give a flaming rats *** what happens with your device. Their warranty policy for service for your device isn't worth the paper it's written on.

BlackBerry really needs to stop relying on carriers for customer support! Let me send my device to Waterloo and have the device fixed properly by people who actually give a **** about what happens.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:15 AM