Lately I've noticed every time someone mentions something about the UI going flat, majority of the response centers around "I don't want an iPhone "

I hate iphones I really do, but where is there such an irrational hate? Half the people do not even know what flat means? For them flat =ios7...

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt and Georgiegeorge like this.
    03-21-14 08:56 PM
    lol and at the same time those same people says they are loving new foursquare app design bwahahahaha that is flat
    Lately I've noticed every time someone mentions something about the UI going flat, majority of the response centers around "I don't want an iPhone "

I hate iphones I really do, but where is there such an irrational hate? Half the people do not even know what flat means? For them flat =ios7...

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-21-14 09:49 PM
    I'm bothered not by the merits of the so-called "flat design", but by the expressed urgency with which BlackBerry "must adopt this latest trend or risk looking old and outdated." I mean, you would think there was nothing more prescient that needed to be fixed or addressed in BB10. Now we're really freaking out about the color of the drapes??

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:04 PM
    All I know is that if Apple 7 is considered flat, it's not something I find appealing . Of course Apple is amazing, but the new look is puzzling to me? In my eyes, it's cartoonish and dated. The problem is that most people including myself really don't know the full meaning of flat ui. I do realize that it does not have to look like ios7 to be flat though.

Powered by BlackBerry
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-21-14 at 11:27 PM.
    03-21-14 11:14 PM
    All I know is that if Apple 7 is considered flat, it's not something I find appealing . Of course Apple is amazing, but the new look is puzzling to me? In my eyes, it's cartoonish and dated. The problem is that most people including myself really don't know the full meaning of flat ui. I do realize that it does not have to look like ios7 to be flat though.

Powered by BlackBerry
    I'm glad you at least admit that. With ios7, the flat is actually taken too far to where the icons are poorly drawn and the colors look like the result of a 3 year old water color play set mashup. Flat UI simply means if the icon is set to be blue, it's 1 shade of blue. Rather than a gradient fading from dark blue to light or something I between. It doesn't mean BlackBerry have to stop there. They could add shadows, or animations or such or just revamp it just a bit. Removing the gradients behind the icons that you see on every icon is a first step. That box gradient is just ugly and idk why they included it.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-21-14 11:49 PM
    I'm bothered not by the merits of the so-called "flat design", but by the expressed urgency with which BlackBerry "must adopt this latest trend or risk looking old and outdated." I mean, you would think there was nothing more prescient that needed to be fixed or addressed in BB10. Now we're really freaking out about the color of the drapes??

Posted via CB10
    It's not really "urgent" but its not something that should be ignored as well. The Os should look futuristic imo and at least keep trying to differ itself from the competition. Gesture base is a start but there needs to be more to captivate onlookers.. also there needs to be more to keep users. There are more important features but honestly I'm sure there are people in charge of redesigning anyways

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:51 PM
    http://fltdsgn.com/page/3/

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/inspir...n-inspiration/

When done right it looks great and professional. When not done right looks like ios7

Posted via CB10
    grover5 and xBURK like this.
    03-22-14 12:18 AM
    People develop a strong attachment to objects that produce pleasure.
    03-22-14 12:20 AM
    It's just a trend. 3D and shadows will come back in fashion once everyone finds flat too boring.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 02:13 AM
    I want a UI that looks like "blackberry express app "...we need customization options and some animation in background...different colour scheme or an option to change it...I want my fone to be fun again more vibrant...don't care about flat or flatter!!! Plz blackberry surprise me with 10.3 I'm beginning to think the designers aren't creative...!!!

Posted via CB on My trusty ?10 os 10.2.1.2102
    03-22-14 03:34 AM
    I just think the ui could use a bit of attention. I think it looks a little dated and needs to be a bit more modern looking. That's pretty vague, I know, and folks have different ideas of what an update should look like. Themes would be nice

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:21 AM
    I like the way the BlackBerry express app looks, as well as the new foursquare

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:22 AM
    Flat designs are good, but Apple just screwed it up. What they did doesn't look good, at least not to me
    03-22-14 05:24 AM
    Flat design is more deeply I can recommend you to read flat design principles Principles of Flat Design - Designmodo
    The second, you can try Flat UI - Flat UI Pro - Bootstrap Design Framework - Designmodo the creators of Flat
    03-22-14 06:59 AM
    It's just a trend. 3D and shadows will come back in fashion once everyone finds flat too boring.

Posted via CB10
    Well from past experience, only another trend will displace the current one. Web1.0. To web2.0 and now web3.0 on the horizon

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 08:07 AM
    I've been using some sharp looking flat icons on my Nexus 5. I have to admit they look sweet.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-22-14 09:16 AM