I downloaded the blackberry thing off the website onto my macbook tonight and plugged my blackberry pearl, and it said there were upgrades for my blackberry so i clicked the upgrade button on my computer. A couple of minutes into the upgrade, it said that my pearl had been unplugged and the upgrade had stopped. i checked my blackberry and it was off, but the red light was flashing. This was about 4 hours ago. I took the battery out for a couple of hours, and when I do that, the light stops flashing, but as soon as the battery is put back in the light flashes again. It won't turn on. What should I do?
    12-08-09 04:29 AM
    The upgrade process has failed and therefore your Blackberry is currently unusable! Don't worry though this is pretty easy to fix although if you're certain you didn't unplug it you'll want to find out why the macbook reported the BB as unplugged.

I'm not sure if you can do the necessary steps on a macbook to get your phone working again as I don't know if the software is available for macbook so you may need to find someone with a pc and use there computer for an hour or so.

First download JL_Commander and completely wipe the Blackberry
    Next download the Blackberry app loader and install this.
    Then download the latest OS for your phone from the Blackberry website and install that.
    Use app loader to install that OS to your phone, ensuring a constant connection between phone and computer during the install process.
    Finally, restore your backup and your done.

That's it very simply but if you search the forum there are far more detailed posts on how to restore a bricked Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 04:47 AM
    The solution my be simpler then Mark suggests.

The web upgrade can be restarted, it should pick up where it left off.

If not, Mark's suggested technique should do the job.
    12-08-09 10:14 AM
    The solution my be simpler then Mark suggests.

The web upgrade can be restarted, it should pick up where it left off.

If not, Mark's suggested technique should do the job.
    i did not knew of this; thanks for the info.
    12-08-09 11:25 AM
    i did not knew of this; thanks for the info.
    As it happens, I know that becasue it happened to me. My web upgrade of a RIM security patch failed.

Nothing too dramatic, re-running the web tool picked it up where it left off and continued to a successful install.

It is very important that Research in Motion does not brick too many BlackBerrys in the upgrade process. The consequences, bricking a sizable percentage of the 30 million BlackBerrys would be bad form.
    12-08-09 12:15 PM
    Should I hook it up and try to sync it again, even though it won't turn on and it's still flashing?
    12-08-09 12:46 PM
    Yes you should.
    12-08-09 12:50 PM
    Should I hook it up and try to sync it again, even though it won't turn on and it's still flashing?
    Yes you should.
    Let's be sure were are talking about the same upgrade tools.

You should be using this link:

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    12-08-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD