I live in Vancouver and got my z10 since March

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 10:10 PM
    You were told bull. I bought my Z30 on Thursday. There were very few in Vancouver. The 1st Bell store I went to, had no stock. When they called the flagship store, they had 2-3 units and WOULD NOT all the Bell store to reserve one for me. They in essence stopped at least one sale because they wanted to do the sale. I am sure it happened more than once.
    Could be. I went back to the store to check out the Z30 and another salesman said they got in 10 on launch day. Maybe the original salesman told me 1, thinking I would panic and buy one.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 10-21-13 at 01:14 AM.
    10-21-13 12:43 AM
    My BB9900 was on Rogers and my wife's BB9900 was on Bell. I wanted the Z30 for myself and the Z10 for my wife.

I called Rogers to cancel my account to move to Bell and talked to the "retention" people. When asked, I told them I was moving to Bell because they weren't going to carry the Z30 and then changed their mind, showing that they weren't supporting a Canadian company. They offered a discount on an early upgrade fee, offered a porting credit from Bell.

Knowing that Bell had the Z30 in store, I called Bell retention and after about 3 hours on the phone over two days got more discounts from them. Picked up our phones at the local Bell store Friday evening. The salesman said this was the first Z30 he had sold, two days after the launch. That is one sales rep in the store, but got the impression that this was one of the few (if not the only) Z30's their location had sold.

As smartphones go.... if Blackberry was doing proper marketing , they should be flying off the shelves. Go to Rogers or Bell's web sites and all you see is a banner for iPhone.

Too bad they don't have "Blackberry" stores to compete against the Apple stores. At least then you'd have sales rep who truly WANT to sell Blackberry.
    Very interesting! Congrats on the Z30. Looks like an awesome phone. Let us know how you like it!
    10-21-13 12:46 AM
    Different experience for me in Calgary today. Set out to buy a Z30 off contract at Telus as they have it for $600. First store would sell it to me but were sold out. Second store refused to sell it to me outright, citing that it was a new phone so they had low stock and they would only sell it with a contract. Another half dozen shops in the mall I asked either had no stock or refused to sell it off contract. Finally went to another mall (Chinook) where they had stock and had no issues selling it to me off contract. Guy at the counter next to me was also buying one so that store has sold at least two so far :P

On another note, what the hell is up with the headphones that come with the phone! Never seen anything like them. Seem to work fine... just different. They have these little flaps that seem to stick into your ear to hold the ear piece in.

Wicked phone anyway. Super impressed with the screen, battery, slick OS. Do not regret spending the dough to upgrade my Z10. Just hope the wife doesn't want to also upgrade now! Fortunately she has small hands so my wallet might be spared.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    Good job tracking one down! Nice! I like to buy my phones on launch day and hate all the scrambling you have to do like what you experienced!
    10-21-13 12:49 AM
    If the fairfax deal goes through on Nov 4th, then you will likely never see sales numbers since they will be private and won't be obligated to release those details.
    Don't the carriers supply numbers to the market research firms? Also, the offshore manufacturers usually give feedback to analysts.
    10-21-13 12:52 AM
    Just from my experience, many bell employees are quite anti blackberry. I've had people on the phone ridicule me for wanting the z30 or q10 and telling me to get an iPhone. Funny world we live in today

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    I talked to two Bell salesmen at the Vancouver Flagship store. Though both were on androids, they were very endorsing of the Z30. They were very impressed.
    10-21-13 12:54 AM
    Don't the carriers supply numbers to the market research firms? Also, the offshore manufacturers usually give feedback to analysts.
    It would be very vague at best

Posted from my Z10
    10-21-13 01:06 AM
    With an entire product line of 4 phones, I don't think they need a whole store. They could probably just stick 'em on a table at a county fair or a swap meet or something.
    Huh?

Huh?

How many models of phones does Apple sell? 4S, 5, 5C, 5S are all I can think of and the 5 is going to stop as soon as they run out.

BlackBerry still sells 4 BB10 models PLUS a few more BBOS 7 models.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 02:17 AM
    I was at the flagship Bell store in Vancouver today at the corner of West Georgia and Burrard. I was playing with the Z30. Quite an impressive phone. What I found alarming though is that Bell has had the Z30 since yesterday and have not sold one single phone. Not one. In fact, they have only sold 3 blackberries in 3 months.

What happened to all the blow hards on this forum that were going to defect from Rogers and go to Bell to get the Z30? Surely there was at least one of you in Vancouver.

I see a lot of Blackberry users on this forum and on the street who love their 3 year old blackberries. Come on people. Show your support and buy a BB10 device. What is wrong with people? Really quite pathetic.

There are supposedly 70 million blackberry users in the world. Can't just 10% of them buy a new blackberry,

Price is too much now. Everyone is waiting for a price drop. I am in UK and it costs $800 US here.too much.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:55 AM
    Does the general consumer (outside of tech blogs, etc.) even know this phone exists?
    10-21-13 05:33 AM
    Does the general consumer (outside of tech blogs, etc.) even know this phone exists?
    The average consumer doesn't even know that BBRY itself still exists. You know: "They still make BlackBerrys?" That is (was) the marketing problem, and one that BBRY failed to overcome.
    10-21-13 05:42 AM
    The average consumer doesn't even know that BBRY itself still exists. You know: "They still make BlackBerrys?" That is (was) the marketing problem, and one that BBRY failed to overcome.
    I realize that and I agree, but it's almost like they want the Z30 to fail. The marketing for it is even worse than it is for the Z10/Q10
    10-21-13 05:44 AM
    I realize that and I agree, but it's almost like they want the Z30 to fail. The marketing for it is even worse than it is for the Z10/Q10
    So that Blackberry can then sell the Z30 direct?
    10-21-13 05:59 AM
    BlackBerry was contractually obligated to release it.
    10-21-13 10:34 AM
    I was in My Verizon Store in Phoenix and they didn't have any in stock!!! Oh wait I am in the US nevermind.
    BBRYed likes this.
    10-21-13 11:30 AM
    They didn't advertise the phone what did you expect!?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 11:31 AM
    Wireless Wave in Brandon, not a single Z30 in Stock yet. And they carry for rogers/bell/telus

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    10-24-13 08:23 PM
    Wireless Wave in Brandon, not a single Z30 in Stock yet. And they carry for rogers/bell/telus
    Do you know if they had any prior to that?
    10-24-13 10:20 PM
    Do you know if they had any prior to that?
    Haven't seen one, I went in a chatted with a buddy there. First thing he said was no Z30's to me when I walked in. Than when we got to talking he mentioned how they haven't seen any stock at their location since launch

10-24-13 10:22 PM
    If that's true then it's likely over for BlackBerry because I don't see any one of the potential bidders not doing that (except Mike L. I guess).
    With all due respect, you should try not to be so pessimistically swayed when you read a random negative opinion such as the one posted by FFR. Have a little more faith.
    10-24-13 11:29 PM
    With all due respect, you should try not to be so pessimistically swayed when you read a random negative opinion such as the one posted by FFR. Have a little more faith.
    Faith in what? Blackberry abandoning bb10/hardware?
    [sarcasm]Your right there is no evidence to support that[/sarcasm].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by FFR; 10-25-13 at 02:55 AM.
    10-25-13 01:58 AM

I was told by a Sales rep that they are going to stop selling Blackberrys of any kind...Though only believe 10% of what a sales rep tells you as they are usually lying or don't know....though I kinda believed this guy, he was actually a big BlackBerry fan.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 03:53 AM
    I guess my post came across not the way I wanted. If you look at my post history you would know that I was just saying if what he says is true, not that I believe it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 01:25 PM
    Well the surrey bell sold a Q10 and 2 Z30 while i was there. They were quite positive about BlackBerry sales even though they kept the fake z30 demo in a drawer...The source (guildford) had a less positive attitude - it negative sales people like that hurt BlackBerry sales most.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:21 PM
99 ... 234