Since there were a few threads addressing the issue with the JVM Error 102, I found the step by step fix to make it a little more clear on how to fix the issue. This is straight from Blackberry's website under their Technical Solution Center. Hope this helps

JVM Error 102

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB10068
    Last Modified : 2008-04-23
    Document Type : Support

Environment
    BlackBerry� smartphones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem
    The BlackBerry smartphone stops responding and displays the following error message:

JVM Error 102

Cause
    A problem exists with one or more of the .cod files on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Resolution
    Before completing this resolution, download and install the latest version of BlackBerry� Device Software from your service provider's web site.

Re-install the BlackBerry Device Software and applications to your BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data or all data and applications from your BlackBerry smartphone. Back up your data before performing the procedure. For instructions, see KB12487.

Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer.
    Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager. Note: BlackBerry Desktop Manager may display "Disconnected." If this is the case, proceed to the next step to correct the problem with Application Loader.
    Click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
    Click Next.
    Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    If prompted, type your BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next. The Device Application Selection screen appears.
    Select the applications that you want to install on your BlackBerry smartphone.
    If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the data on your BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
    Click Next.
    The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be installed on your BlackBerry smartphone. Click Advanced and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected.

Note: If the application loader tool was not able to access all of the data on your BlackBerry smartphone, then the following two fields are grayed out: Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications.

Click Next.
    Select Do not automatically create a backup and click Next.
    Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software will be installed on your BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect your BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.
    09-23-08 03:24 PM
    Sooo...what if I can't remember my password or if I even set a password? It will let me bypass that part but then once it is done it says it was unable to connect and that I may need to enter a password...only...well...I don't know if I ever set it.
    Any ideas?
    06-02-09 02:03 AM
    If you set a password for the device it will prompt you to enter it. Usally after 10 times of getting it wrong it will wipe the device and basically you will have to do a reinstall of everything anyway.....lesson is dont put a password on your bb that you will possibly forget.
    06-02-09 02:33 AM
    If you have not set the password, leave the field blank.

If there is a password, and you do not know it, there is no way to access the data in the phone. It was built that way, for that reason.
    06-02-09 09:21 AM
    i still get the jvm error after reloading os. i have dm 4.7 and os 8350iAMEA_PBr4.6.1_rel316_PL3.0.0.73_A4.6.1.204. any suggestions?? i click reset and after a few times i click reset the phone comes up. but everytime i turn it off i get the jvm error 102.
    Last edited by dominicanodcora; 07-21-09 at 09:18 AM.
    07-21-09 09:03 AM
    When I go to open the application loader the application loader wizard does not pop up and therefore there is no "next" button to click. What should I do?
    10-28-09 04:38 PM
    Well i understand how to do all of the thousands of methods out there to fix this, problem is my phone is not connecting to my pc correctly. i have no form of accessing any files. Unless im doing it wrong.
    Should be
    Connect usb > My Computer > Removable Disk. Right?
    11-04-09 10:13 PM
    Well i understand how to do all of the thousands of methods out there to fix this, problem is my phone is not connecting to my pc correctly. i have no form of accessing any files. Unless im doing it wrong.
    Should be
    Connect usb > My Computer > Removable Disk. Right?
    Just wondering if you ever found a solution because I am having the same problem. My BlackBerry wiped correctly, but it still isn't showing that it's connected to Desktop Manager.
    12-11-09 02:41 AM
    I had the JVM error. It was due to a faulty theme download that wasn't specifically for my 8330. In a panic, I pressed down the red Stop Call button and voila! It loaded up regularly. After loading up completely, I went ahead and deleted anything I had previously downloaded, and now we're running back to normal! Just a thought, I'd like to share with the rest of my CB Users.
    01-15-10 03:29 PM
    ummmm it wont let me type in a password when the application loader pops upp please help i have to leave in 20 mins!!
    04-11-10 06:29 PM
    If there is no password prompt, that means there is no password in effect.

Good luck with the 20 min time limit. Do not disconnect while the rebuild is in progress or your problems will double up on you.
    04-11-10 06:34 PM
    i am sooo confused because when the application loader pops u it sayss "connect your device *pin*" i tryed to type something in there and it wont let me i need my blackberry fixed lol
    04-11-10 06:41 PM
    Lets see if we can get this streight.

You should have both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and BlackBerry Device Software installed. Check under Windows / Control Panel / Programs.

If so, does Desktop Manager recognize your device PIN number?

If prompted, type your BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next. The Device Application Selection screen appears.
    Do you get a Password entry prompt? If so, click in the box and enter your password. You do know the password, right?
    04-11-10 06:54 PM
    ohhhhh!!!!!!! lmaooooo thanks sooo much! sooo after it finish lodaing and it says *do not disconnect device* my jvm error is fixed? forever??!
    04-11-10 07:58 PM
    That is a very good sign. It should complete the re-build and you will be back to normal when it has finished.
    04-11-10 08:04 PM
    Will it be going any type of slow?
    04-11-10 08:13 PM
    it did it it loaded all the way upp than said cnt connect to yur device *password* ... whts that about??!
    04-11-10 09:32 PM
    I dont get an enter password prompt!

04-16-10 06:02 PM
    I have the JVM ERROR 102 appearing on my screen idk how to fix i have tried to fix it by following the procedures up top but it keeps on just staying in the 275th module in the Device download software and it has been there for hours. I NEED help I am a college student i need my blackberry
    05-14-10 02:48 AM
    Top instructions warns that with this fix all the data will be erased or wiped.

Well, is there any way to save them?

And I'm also wondering about those app error xyz.
    Why RIM doesn't provide some kind of data save environment? I'm wondering about some basic install that would allow some basic connection between pc and phone, to copy contacts databases and maybe also the others.

Anyway, which is the best attempt you can do to try to save at least the contacts database or the contacts?

Thank you for any guideline.

Rob.
    01-13-11 06:23 AM
    i downloaded blackberry desktop software v.7.1 and i followed procedures but i entered the wrong password 10 times and now when i plug my phone in it says update and i click update and it says there are no updates available and i dont know what to do now, please can u help cuz i need it by monday
    04-05-13 08:32 AM
    04-05-13 08:39 AM
    I have the JVM ERROR 102 appearing on my screen ,i hope helps
    06-06-13 08:53 AM
    Thank you very very much!
    I am from fixing my BB 8320 from the error102 by following your instructions
    Thank you very
    04-04-15 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD