I consider myself an experienced BlackBerry user, and I like to think I know all the basic keyboard shortcuts or tricks, but this article contains a few I didn't know about, including a way to reboot your device without removing the battery. For me, that's very helpful because I'm constantly rebooting my BlackBerry.

And there's a way to change your wireless signal indicator from bars to dBm measured in numbers. I'm not really sure of the value of this last trick, but it's kind of cool.

Any of you know any more "advanced" shortcuts?? I'm not talking about searching a list of messages or accessing your mail inbox or outbox with one click. I'm looking for shortcuts that require a combination of a few key clicks.

AZA
    04-08-08 07:50 AM
    I tried the signal trick on my pearl & the 5 bars disappeared but nothing came in its place, no dbm reading......just a blank space.
    04-08-08 08:08 AM
    Fair warning: the three-finger reboot is a soft reboot, not the same as a battery pull.
    04-08-08 08:28 AM
    Really good article...
    04-08-08 08:36 AM
    I tried the signal trick on my pearl & the 5 bars disappeared but nothing came in its place, no dbm reading......just a blank space.
    Be careful with this one if you have a dark background (i.e. black), because the numbers show up black. That might be why you had blank space.
    04-08-08 09:24 AM
    Really good article. I especially like the article on the shortcut tips from the AFLAC guru being a newbie here. The typing tips were definitely a timesaver.
    04-08-08 10:17 AM
    Always glad to help fellow CrackBerry users...

AZA
    04-08-08 10:33 AM
    thanks for the tips
    04-08-08 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD