I am looking to purchase my first blackberry. I am currently using Verizon and have been happy with the coverage in my area.

I am looking at the 8300 curve,the Storm and have been reading about the new 8900 curve. Is the 8900 going to be avialible for Verizon? Is it worth waiting for?

Should I purchase at a Verizon retail store or online? It seems like the stores push what they have to move more than what is best for me.

Thank you for your advice.
    04-17-09 08:49 AM
    I would suggest you get it online better variety of phones and you are right they will always try to talk you into something else at the retail store its thier job that way you get what you want not what they want to sell you
    04-17-09 09:25 AM
    I will attempt to answer in a non-run on sentence and I'll use punctuation as well.

The 8900 Curve is not scheduled to be coming to Verizon, they're looking to get the 9600, which is codenamed "Niagara". That's going to be a Bad*ss device. The Curve is an old favorite that nearly everyone who has it loves. The Storm, IMO, is a hot mess. I had it for 2 weeks cause it was given to me free. I gave it back.
    04-17-09 09:30 AM
    Verizon is actually looking to get the 9630 called the Niagara, which is pretty much the Bold and the 8900 put together.

If you are looking at the 8330 and the Storm I suggest you play with BOTH of them at a Verizon store and see which one suits you the most. Also if you are thinking about gettin the 9630 you should think about waiting till May when they are set to release.
    04-17-09 09:52 AM
    Verizon is actually looking to get the 9630 called the Niagara, which is pretty much the Storm with a QWERTY keyboard and 8900 screen

FIXED*

FYI:the Storm and 9630 share the same processor and internals....the 9630 shares NOTHING with the Bold 9000
    Last edited by giantfan30; 04-17-09 at 09:58 AM.
    04-17-09 09:56 AM
    i love mine. i wasn't a believer at first
    04-17-09 03:08 PM
    I will attempt to answer in a non-run on sentence and I'll use punctuation as well.

The 8900 Curve is not scheduled to be coming to Verizon, they're looking to get the 9600, which is codenamed "Niagara". That's going to be a Bad*ss device. The Curve is an old favorite that nearly everyone who has it loves. The Storm, IMO, is a hot mess. I had it for 2 weeks cause it was given to me free. I gave it back.
    Smart***! I'm with Amber go to the store to check out the Storm & the Curve your best too choices of VZW current lineup. The 9630 Niagara and the 8230 Pearl Flip are coming soon, but we don't know the actual release date yet.

Generally you can get the best deals online, with the phone being a close second.
    04-17-09 03:39 PM
    I am at the end of my contract. Using Verizon are they the best carrier for Blackberry service?
    04-20-09 07:53 AM
    I am at the end of my contract. Using Verizon are they the best carrier for Blackberry service?
    Depends on what you want! Verizon do not have wifi...but we have the best service. You should check around and see what is best for you!
    04-20-09 08:00 AM
    Verizon is actually looking to get the 9630 called the Niagara, which is pretty much the Storm with a QWERTY keyboard and 8900 screen

FIXED*

FYI:the Storm and 9630 share the same processor and internals....the 9630 shares NOTHING with the Bold 9000
    REALLY? Funny beucase it is going to have the bolds keyboard...and won't have anything to do with the storm. Come on now...seems like someone needs to do a little searching.
    04-20-09 08:15 AM
    I am looking to purchase my first blackberry. I am currently using Verizon and have been happy with the coverage in my area.

I am looking at the 8300 curve,the Storm and have been reading about the new 8900 curve. Is the 8900 going to be avialible for Verizon? Is it worth waiting for?

Should I purchase at a Verizon retail store or online? It seems like the stores push what they have to move more than what is best for me.

Thank you for your advice.
    Go on ebay, buy a Curve (got mine brand new for $180.00 after a lot of searching and feed back checking) and then keep yourself up to date on the new BB's coming out for Verizon. Then, when you figure out which one you think you will like the best go for it. You should get a good deal on which ever one you choose if you have a New Every 2 upgrade to use.
    Plus with a Curve you will be getting a tried, tested and very reliable device and you'll have a good idea of what they are capable of. Then if it is missing something you want, you can make sure to keep an eye for the spec or specs that you want/need on the up coming BB's.
    This is what I am curently in the process of doing now. I bought the Curve (LOVE IT!!!!!) on ebay and now I am waiting to for the Niagra, possibly the Storm with an officially updated and smooth OS or if more news comes out, I would like to see what the Storm 2 has in store and the possibility of a BB with a full qwerty and touch screen. Over all the Curve should keep you more than satisfied and also you couldn't ask for a more reliable back up phone to have if you get it and then upgrade to a newer model in the next few months.

Hope this helps.
    04-20-09 08:48 AM
    REALLY? Funny beucase it is going to have the bolds keyboard...and won't have anything to do with the storm. Come on now...seems like someone needs to do a little searching.
    I'm still searching all the time and learning more everyday here but from what I've read, isn't the Niagra basically the Storm with a downsized Bold QWERTY and no Touch Screen?

I would say, if anything the Niagra is going to be somewhat of a composite of the Bold, Storm and Curve 8900.

Niagra = Storm guts, 8900 Screen, Slightly Smaller BOLD keyboard.

If I am wrong I apologize but I am pretty sure that is what I have read in the forums as far as substantaited info (rumors not included). If I wasn't at work I would take the time to go through and provide links but I am positive the info I gave above came from posts by CX and Kevin in a thread a couple weeks ago.

If you disagree let me know and I will be happy to take the time tonight after work to search and provide you a link.
    I'm not looking to start any arguments and if anything I said came off that way I apologize. I just like to be up to date on things that interest me and I have absolutely no problem in admitting I am wrong as it's just another chance for me to keep myself updated.

As this post is somewhat off topic, if it is moved or removed PM me and I will be happy to search through and send the link to you.
    Last edited by mkurz12; 04-20-09 at 09:21 AM.
    04-20-09 09:11 AM
    I'm still searching all the time and learning more everyday here but from what I've read, isn't the Niagra basically the Storm with a downsized Bold QWERTY and no Touch Screen?

I would say, if anything the Niagra is going to be somewhat of a composite of the Bold, Storm and Curve 8900.

Niagra = Storm guts, 8900 Screen, Slightly Smaller BOLD keyboard.

If I am wrong I apologize but I am pretty sure that is what I have read in the forums as far a s substantaited info (rumors not included). If I wasn't at work I would take the time to go through and provide links but I am pretty sure the info I gave above came from a thread that CX and Kevin both chimed in on a couple weeks ago.
    from what i have read that seems what the phone is going to be...but really turns me off from buying the 9630 because I don't want it to have storm guts. EW.
    04-20-09 09:15 AM
    Best post on this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 09:18 AM
    then why is it going to have the bolds keyboard?
    04-20-09 09:20 AM
    from what i have read that seems what the phone is going to be...but really turns me off from buying the 9630 because I don't want it to have storm guts. EW.
    I hear you on that, but my thinking (again from reading various posts) is that the Niagra will run much better as the OS was adapted to work with the Storm and not designed from the ground up to be a Touch interface.

Personally I'm still pulling for the Storm (maybe easier for me since I don't own one) but I would love to see it more stable so I can pick one up as an alternate BB in the near future.
    04-20-09 09:25 AM
    then why is it going to have the bolds keyboard?
    I think it could probably be referred to as either a smaller Bold Keyboard or an updated 88xx series keyboard. All though, since I have never held the Niagra I can't say that it is more like one than other except for the size of course. I think I remember reading that keys are somewhat different the 88xx series keys but my memory fails me for the exact description at the moment.
    04-20-09 09:31 AM
    Well from what I remembered from the pictures I saw the 9360 looked A LOT like a 8900 and a 9000 merged together. And the keys do look like a verison of the bolds but smaller.
    04-20-09 09:33 AM
    Well from what I remembered from the pictures I saw the 9360 looked A LOT like a 8900 and a 9000 merged together. And the keys do look like a verison of the bolds but smaller.
    I can defintiely see what your saying but when you look at the housings of the devices the Niagra's casing is in the same style as the Storm and the 8900 apposed to the Bold. The Bolds casing has the chrome rim around the entire BB framing the face of it from all 4 sides and the Storm and 8900 have the chrome rim that flanks the screen on the 2 sides and frames the bottom but the chrome ring runs to the back of the device on the top as it does on the Niagra.
    The bottom of the device is more like a cross between the Bold and 8900 as the the chrome rim is visable from the front. It's a little thicker than the Bolds and thinner that the Curve 8900. On the storm it is the same as on the top of the device where the chrome ring goes to the back and is not fully visable from the front.

From what CX had said once (again, sorry for no links and I'm sure not his exact words) but when you hold the Niagra and Storm next to each other the Niagra looks like a Storm with a cut in half screen and an added keyboard.
    04-20-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";