So first of all I have to say that I have NEVER used a Blackberry before. And the reason is that no carrier here (I live in finland) have been providing them in large scale. So there has been no reason to even try it because no one has been providing BIS/BES services so the phones have been kinda useless here.

Little background...i have been using all of the iPhones, lot of Android devices and also WP7 and WP8 devices (yes, I am a phone junkie ). I have always kind of liked the BB stuff, but as said before no idea or way that I would have bought a BB before.

But now, Z10 has been released and although it isn't yet available in Finland, but it will come in march i think. And now that BB has ripped the BIS requirement of from the BB10 devices it will be easier to use BB in Finland also (and in many other countries). So I took the plunge yesterday and ordered Z10 from UK (unlocked-mobiles.com) and it should arrive next week \o/

Also watched the BB10 press conference and was astonished how good the BB10 and Z10 looked, which also helped me to order one. I have been reading reviews and watched a lot of videos about it and I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it.

I won't go to the problems with missing apps, because it was expected, and it will grow on time. The same problem is with Windows Phone 8 devices, and it has been out for about 4 months now, and still there are missing apps that are on iPhone and Android. I really really hope that developers will get more interest on BB10. Also I hope Netflix / HBO will do a BB10 app. The apps I mostly use (facebook, twitter, foursquare, linkedin) are already there, so I think i will be pretty pleased as a start.

The one thing I know that I will be struggling with, and this problem, not really a BB10 problem, is with localized apps. What I mean here are apps for example for finnish banks (almost all of them have an app for iphone, android and windows phone), but I'm kind of "afraid" that they won't jump on the BB10 train because it is and, I'm afraid it will be niche market here in Finland. Well atleast I'm going to bomb them with emails to support BB10

All in all, i'm still pretty excited to get my hands on the Z10.

Few questions have come to my mind. As BB10 uses full Activesync (and not BES for mails) i quess it will fully support EAS profiles, right? Has anyone tested to hookup Z10 to Office365 platforms Activesync? Our corporation uses Ms Office365 for emails and lync etc, so it is important to get it working on Z10, but there shouldn't be problems with it?

How about Gmail? I have a "free" GApps account for my domain, so I can use Activesync on it forever So I think I can sync my gmail calendars, contacts and emails without problems?
    02-15-13 01:29 AM
    Glad to hear you get to have a BB10 phone.. still waiting here in the us
    02-15-13 01:14 PM
    People have reported problems with G-Mail, a few threads in the BB10 forums you may want to check out.
    I personally am glad I switched to Outlook.com..
    02-15-13 08:16 PM