Hello all VERY happy brand new Curve owner. I have just a couple of questios to help steer me in the right direction. From everything I understand; I can customize most all of the settings on my phone....

1) How extensive is this? For example, my call log is only storing 25 call or so. Can I increase this number? Can I make call log not delete the line item for a missed call (showing the time and order that it happened)? (The call log will delete a missed / incoming call if you track ball over it and hit the green dial button; and then it only shows it as a new outgoing call)

2) what is the most effective way to delete unwanted / pre-installed apps? I installed google maps yesterday, it had an error while downloading and now all functions on the phone are running MUCH slower. I want to ensure that I uninstall all files related to the app

Im sure more will come to me as I progress, any and all assistance sure is appreciated!!
    05-24-09 03:56 PM
    2) Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight what you want to delete > press the BB/menu button > select Delete and let the device reboot.
    You can also do this in Desktop Manager by going into App Loader, Add/Remove Applications, uncheck it in the list and click next.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 03:59 PM
    as far as the call log goes I think its maxed at 25...
    05-24-09 04:06 PM
    Thank You. So on the desktop manager, in Add/Remove Applications, why are all the apps not listed, ie: Yahoo messenger, MySpace and the Sprint email account app that I will never use? It there a way to clean these up or at least hide them from my app list?
    05-24-09 04:08 PM
    Wow, that is unbelevable, My chincy Samsung stored like 150, Im in sales and can use call logs as a very viable biz tool for a multitude of reasons.
    05-24-09 04:11 PM
    Thank You. So on the desktop manager, in Add/Remove Applications, why are all the apps not listed, ie: Yahoo messenger, MySpace and the Sprint email account app that I will never use? It there a way to clean these up or at least hide them from my app list?
    You can select the app from your home screen on your BB and hit the menu button and then "Hide"

Or you can go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Then select the app. Hit the menu button and select Delete.
    05-24-09 04:13 PM
    The hide function, only seems to make it an inactive Icon... still cluttering my menu.

2) Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight what you want to delete > press the BB/menu button >

This still does not show myspace nor yahoo messenger
    05-24-09 04:23 PM
    The hide function, only seems to make it an inactive Icon... still cluttering my menu.

2) Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight what you want to delete > press the BB/menu button >

This still does not show myspace nor yahoo messenger
    Unsure why it doesn't show myspace or yahoo...

after you choose hide do the exact same steps and uncheck "Show All"

that will hide all of your inactive icons from view
    05-24-09 04:24 PM
    Wow, that is unbelevable, My chincy Samsung stored like 150, Im in sales and can use call logs as a very viable biz tool for a multitude of reasons.
    Open the Messages icon. Press Menu. Select "View Folder". Select "Phone Call Logs".
    05-24-09 04:47 PM
    Open the Messages icon. Press Menu. Select "View Folder". Select "Phone Call Logs".
    WOW. I've never known about that before...good lord I feel dumb right now lol

Thank you for posting that however...that will be very useful
    05-24-09 04:49 PM
    very cool!! thank you much
    05-24-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD