Thank you for pointing that out. We feel so much better now. Wish everyone in Wall Street and tech media could read your comment as well before BlackBerry gets slaughtered tomorrow.
    Yeah, I wish I could help those guys but unfortunately they have their own agenda when it comes to BlackBerry.

Just wish and hope that people would not be so quick to believe everything they read or hear.

And it would be especially great if it started on this site.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-22-13 08:03 PM
    The real problem is the fact that blackberry's servers can't even handle a mere 1.1m users. That's sad. Is that all they got?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-13 08:09 PM
    The real problem is the fact that blackberry's servers can't even handle a mere 1.1m users. That's sad. Is that ask they got?

Are you serious? You know that BlackBerry had over 80 million users on BBM and over 10 billion bbms everyday. 1.1 million users is a drop in the bucket.

Please if you have a source stating that they couldn't handle that volume please direct us to the link...

09-22-13 08:13 PM
    It is fine that there was a problem. I'm just annoyed they didn't fix it quickly enough

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:15 PM
    Are you serious? You know that BlackBerry had over 80 million users on BBM and over 10 billion bbms everyday. 1.1 million users is a drop in the bucket.

Please if you have a source stating that they couldn't handle that volume please direct us to the link...

80 million users sporadically using BBM is not the same as 1.1 million instantly flooding the servers.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:16 PM
    Dang I couldn't say I'm not agree...

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    09-22-13 08:16 PM
    Blackberry is going DOWN the hill sooo fast.Sad.
    angad7.10 likes this.
    09-22-13 08:18 PM
    80 million users sporadically using BBM is not the same as 1.1 million instantly flooding the servers.

Posted via CB10
    And you know this for a fact.. how? Didn't affect my bbm over the week and we're all going to be on the same system now. I think you forgot to add .. IMHO as the end of your post.

09-22-13 08:22 PM

Taken from their official blog

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/...launch-update/

Prior to launching BBM for Android, an unreleased version of the BBM for Android app was posted online. The interest and enthusiasm we have seen already � more than 1.1 million active users in the first 8 hours without even launching the official Android app � is incredible. Consequently, this unreleased version caused issues, which we have attempted to address throughout the day.
    It seems clear that the amount of users caused a server side issue by processing new blackberry ID's. Why else would they mention the user amount other than to illustrate the cause of the disabling? Consequently to having those users, they took down the servers.

09-22-13 08:27 PM
    There's one thing to be said about being excited. But it another running around with finger pointing and pitchforks when problems occur.

IOS7 wasn't a perfect launch either and people I know laughed about the screw ups. Nobody lost sleep over it. I didn't complain either.. why? because in the end these guys will finally get it right. It's not like BlackBerry threw in the towel and called it quits.. it's just delayed. You have to appreciate what they're trying to do: Launch a major social communication program GLOBALLY on 2 different platforms other than their own and try to ensure they don't take down their existing infrastructure. That's huge effort that you simply can't Beta test. Other software manufacturers have gone through the same thing with issues and nothing is perfect. We just have to see how long it takes to get it right. MS Vista took forever and they never got it completely right until the Win7. I'm sure that BlackBerry won't be very long now for the re-attempt at the BBM release.

Like I said, same reason I will never line up for a phone no matter who the manufacturer is.. why? Cause in a couple of weeks it'll be available to everyone.

The mentality here is just as pathetic as putting out an article in a major national newspaper (NYT) and implying that people are embarrassed of their BlackBerries.

It just a phone people.. just a phone...

I'm sure many here appreciate the effort, but people keep bringing up ios and other platforms that are frankly irrelevant. Ios can handle a few dozen screwups without too many consequences -- they have that luxury.

BlackBerry is in a dir situation; life support really. Nobody is going to genuinely spin this into a positive or an "good effort" type of scenario for a company that is notorious for missing deadlines and broken promises. So much so that it has kind of become a parody or spoofs of sorts when BlackBerry doesn't come thru.

I know **** happens and in real life, unforseen circumstances can occur, but alas, in the real world, failed deadlines and not exceeding expectations can cause several other issues for the people responsible. Obviously this has already happened in bb's case; look no further than the company's depressing news as of late, and the people that have lost their jobs.

Posted from my ZED10
    09-22-13 08:29 PM
    Taken from their official blog

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/...launch-update/

It seems clear that the amount of users caused a server side issue by processing new blackberry ID's. Why else would they mention the user amount other than to illustrate the cause of the disabling? Consequently to having those users, they took down the servers.

There's nowhere that that link says the BlackBerry servers couldn't handle the extra load. They stated they has issues with the bad app that went online used by many users that they had to halt the process to correct.

Note the last line in the article you posted "These issues have not impacted BBM service for BlackBerry." which is a far cry from the BlackBerry servers not handling the extra load. Care to try again.

wxmancanada likes this.
    09-22-13 08:35 PM
    BlackBerry cannot control what's put on Android app store. It's Google responsibility to manage their own store. One thing is for certain, someone is ******* with BlackBerry. Is it Whatapp, Google talk, ichat, Skype... ? who will ever know?

Posted via CB10
    Google managed to remove the fakes within hours of them being reoprted.

The bad piece of the puzzle, according to BlackBerry themselves, was the leaked .apk, which is their software!! They can't control it?

It's amazing how far some people will go to make it look like BB can do no wrong, and everyone else is responsible for all their failures.
    09-22-13 08:37 PM
    I'm sure many here appreciate the effort, but people keep bringing up ios and other platforms that are frankly irrelevant. Ios can handle a few dozen screwups without too many consequences -- they have that luxury.

BlackBerry is in a dir situation; life support really. Nobody is going to genuinely spin this into a positive or an "good effort" type of scenario for a company that is notorious for missing deadlines and broken promises. So much so that it has kind of become a parody or spoofs of sorts when BlackBerry doesn't come thru.

I know **** happens and in real life, unforseen circumstances can occur, but alas, in the real world, failed deadlines and not exceeding expectations can cause several other issues for the people responsible. Obviously this has already happened in bb's case; look no further than the company's depressing news as of late, and the people that have lost their jobs.

Posted from my ZED10

Very well put. They are in trouble, people are watching and then this. At the end of the day they have to make it happen. It didn't.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    09-22-13 08:37 PM
    In reality, most of the world, people on other platforms, could really care less that the BBM launch didn't happen this weekend. Were they waiting around anxiously to chat with their old BBM contacts who were stuck on BBM? No. They never expected BBM to be available prior to the announcement four months ago. Like with most apps, people will only start looking into it after some early adopter friends recommend it to them. The big news this weekend is the launch of the new iPhones and BlackBerry can thank Apple for taking the spotlight.
    09-22-13 08:39 PM
    There's nowhere that that link says the BlackBerry servers couldn't handle the extra load. They stated they has issues with the bad app that went online used by many users that they had to halt the process to correct.

Note the last line in the article you posted "These issues have not impacted BBM service for BlackBerry." which is a far cry from the BlackBerry servers not handling the extra load. Care to try again.

I would imagine that it simply means that it has not effected bbm services on blackberry devices. If you object so much to the notion of server side problems, can you provide an alternative reason why it was disabled and delayed?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-13 08:46 PM
    Blackberry is going DOWN the hill sooo fast.Sad.
    F troll, go take a bath.............
    09-22-13 08:53 PM
    I would imagine that it simply means that it has not effected bbm services on blackberry devices. If you object so much to the notion of server side problems, can you provide an alternative reason why it was disabled and delayed?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    I don't know what the exact issue was.. sounds like from BlackBerry they had a bad app that was accessing their servers and they delayed the process in order to correct the situation instead of forging ahead and creating possibly a bigger problem.

I don't however presume an issue that wasn't stated by said company when there was no evidence of that happening and trying to pass it off as fact.

I leave those tactics to the tech-media and the street for those long connect-the-dot stretches they so often use.

09-22-13 08:55 PM
    Testing--Testing 1.2.3

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    09-22-13 09:04 PM
    A complete guess: PIN conflicts? Since Android and iOS devices don't have hardware PIN's, they need to be assigned unique PIN's. Perhaps after the beta period, all the beta PIN's were going to be obsoleted and PIN's were going to be generated from scratch again. Since the beta leaked, the beta PIN's were still being generated by new users, causing possible PIN duplicates with the official BBM release?
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    09-22-13 09:04 PM
    I believe it has its logic, BlackBerry is going thru a lot right now, and besides that, Remember WhatsApp took its time to get to BB10 and it was pretty buggy at the beginning, so Give Them a Brake, lets see what happens.
    09-22-13 09:29 PM
    KOOLWATER: I was just thinking the same thing about Kevin....where is my crackberry leader....I mean even Blackberry Hank put out a video and he has no way near the following that Kevin has. He has had more than a few interviews with the CEO....now would be a great time to have one....a phone interview would count for something....Kevin.....where are you!!
    Kevin was out in Florida buying a gold iPhone for $1500.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    09-22-13 09:47 PM
    Okay, if the problem has to do with an leaked apk file like many are saying, why halt the IOS rollout ??

That's what I don't get!

At least many users would still get to enjoy the experience and BlackBerry wouldn't be looking as bad.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:50 PM
    Kevin was out in Florida buying a gold iPhone for $1500.

Posted via CB10
    Cough * fake gold * cough

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:50 PM
    Cough ******* gold* cough

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:53 PM
    I'm not disgusted, I'm just.. disheartened and disappointed.

I'll save the word "disgusted" for if I ever find out BlackBerry has knowingly done something immoral or unethical.
    09-22-13 09:57 PM
262 ... 23456 ...