I own a Blackberry, in fact I have three of them cause when we went to Sprint I got three free one for me one for my wife and one for my oldest son, well my wife and oldest got different phones cause their BB's were junk, I kept mine, Friday mine fell and the screen broke, so activate my oldest sons phone while I figure out what to do with mine ( everybody was closed New years day), so today I take mine to the Sprint store for repair, after a 2 hour wait they inform me that everything is lost and the phone is unrepairable, so they ordered my another one. Oh one thing I forgot to mention, my sons phone wouldn't make any phone calls, so having to wait till Wednesday I had my wifes BB activated, this thing is worse than my oldest sons was, at least his would access the Internet, the one I have activated now won't do ANYTHING, so that tells me that 2 out of three BB's are pos phones, Wednesday I'm going to tel them I do NOT want the replacement BB and I'm having a Samsung Exclaim activated, at least with that I can make a dam phone call. I NEED my phone at work, its NOT a luxury, if RIM can't produce a phone that works I'll go elsewhere. My next phone will be an Android, no more BB's for me.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-02-11 06:04 PM
    Dude - your Avitar is freakin me out! LOL.

Sorry you had bad luck w/ your BBs. This sounds like an unusual problem mixed with some bad luck. I have had excellent luck w/ them.
    01-02-11 06:09 PM
    Good luck with Android. Hopefully you find the device you are looking for.
    01-02-11 06:14 PM
    I own a Blackberry, in fact I have three of them cause when we went to Sprint I got three free one for me one for my wife and one for my oldest son, well my wife and oldest got different phones cause their BB's were junk, I kept mine, Friday mine fell and the screen broke, so activate my oldest sons phone while I figure out what to do with mine ( everybody was closed New years day), so today I take mine to the Sprint store for repair, after a 2 hour wait they inform me that everything is lost and the phone is unrepairable, so they ordered my another one. Oh one thing I forgot to mention, my sons phone wouldn't make any phone calls, so having to wait till Wednesday I had my wifes BB activated, this thing is worse than my oldest sons was, at least his would access the Internet, the one I have activated now won't do ANYTHING, so that tells me that 2 out of three BB's are pos phones, Wednesday I'm going to tel them I do NOT want the replacement BB and I'm having a Samsung Exclaim activated, at least with that I can make a dam phone call. I NEED my phone at work, its NOT a luxury, if RIM can't produce a phone that works I'll go elsewhere. My next phone will be an Android, no more BB's for me.
    If your screen is broken and nothing else is wrong with your phone, you were lied to. You can still back everything up and do a device switch with desktop manager. This is of course dependent on you getting another BB and only the screen is damaged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 07:11 PM
    Sounds to me like you have a crappy Sprint store that doesn't know what they are talking about and are forcing you into any upgrade (not all that surprising) and are blaming RIM for their issues. Not to mention I can't think of a single phone that is made to be dropped. Good luk with the Droid but dropping it won't result in any better results.

01-02-11 07:20 PM
    Good more BlackBerry phones for meeeee!

01-02-11 07:24 PM
    I did back everything up, I've had my settings on two different Phones, the one I tried first had all my pics contacts settings everything it was hard reset at the store and I did a full restore from the BB desktop manager, the only way it would get near making a call was to set it on the house phone but it would access the Internet great since my fingers are bigger than those little keys so texting is out of the question the one I have activated now has been hard reset and completely restored by me and the lady on the phone at Sprint, she set up both my gmail and bb email, restored all my contacts and everything but this thing don;'t dial or access the Internet. I don't know about my first phone but I'm pretty sure they aren't lieing to me since they do all the repairs around here. But I did my backup BEFORE I dropped it. when I dropped mine the screen cracked and you could see LCD liquid seeping out, so I'm pretty sure that since the battery was still in it its screwed.

All I want is a phone that does what its supposed to do, if I want to make a call then it dam well better dial, if I want to see the news on Reuters or the weather on Accuweather or News channel 3 the phone better connect. I'm sick and tired of JUNK, this world has NO quality left in anything built anymore. I'm trying to find a Samsung Moment on ebay right now, my wifes bidding on several of them, when I get one the new BB they are ordering can go to somebody else. Cause I ain't activating it.

wanna know the really good part I have a BB activated right now and set up but I get no notifications of responses to my posts on here, Imagine that for a quality pos phone. I'm the last person I know at work to bail from rim products. looking at Androids I'd say theres something good about Linux on a phone.
    01-02-11 07:24 PM
    Sounds to me like you have a crappy Sprint store that doesn't know what they are talking about and are forcing you into any upgrade (not all that surprising) and are blaming RIM for their issues. Not to mention I can't think of a single phone that is made to be dropped. Good luk with the Droid but dropping it won't result in any better results.

Its not an upgrade they ordered the same thing another 8530 to replace the one they can't fix.
    01-02-11 07:25 PM
    I sprayed my screen with Raid, but can't seem to kill that damn bug.
    01-02-11 07:39 PM
    At a New years party that I attended I noticed a young man wearing a (insert carrier name) logo on his shirt and we started talking. He said that he repaired phones that customers brought back for whatever reason. I asked him how long the training period was for his job and he said "none, I kinda learned as I went along". He also said that he didn't have the nerve to take his own personal phone apart. Needless to say, I work on my own phones.
    01-02-11 08:14 PM
    At a New years party that I attended I noticed a young man wearing a (insert carrier name) logo on his shirt and we started talking. He said that he repaired phones that customers brought back for whatever reason. I asked him how long the training period was for his job and he said "none, I kinda learned as I went along". He also said that he didn't have the nerve to take his own personal phone apart. Needless to say, I work on my own phones.
    sadly i think this is true for all carriers and many many jobs in the US. Training for a job is non existent almost.
    01-02-11 08:21 PM

did you go to a corporate store?

01-02-11 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD