With the launch of the iphone 5s one of the big things the company has been touting is the integration of a fingerprint scanner into the homebutton. Apple says this will allow users to access their device without needing to enter in a password and will take them right to their homescreen. In a CNET artical Apple has said that they will not be sharing this biographical data with app developers and the information will not be stored in the cloud.

http://m.cnet.com/reviews/apple-iphone-5s/35781409

But that got me thinking what if? What if you could go to your ebay account, or your twitter account, or facebook, or any other of the dozens of accounts that people have nowadays and not have to type in a username and password but instead you just scan your fingerprint and you get access to your account, would that be a good thing?

While it doesn't seem like Apple is going to use this technology for anything more than securing your device eventually though will a company like Samsung, LG, Microsoft, or even BlackBerry develop this for wider use? Will companies be interested in using this instead of passwords so clients can gain faster access to their services? And how secure will this new technology be?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 05:03 AM
    Interesting thought. I am sure someday when all phones have fingerprint scanners we might see something like that
    09-11-13 05:09 AM