So I've read the posts offering tips on how to block calls, SMS, etc. I tried Antair's Call Screener and it's just that...a call screener. I want to be able to BLOCK specific numbers such that, my phone doesn't ring, I never knew they called, they don't go to my voicemail, and they can't send me texts. AT&T is my carrier and they say it's not possible.

Is this possible today?

I am shocked that this is so difficult, if not impossible.

Thanks.
    11-07-08 11:12 AM
    Hmm. I know with vzw, all you need to do is call cs, request that a specific number be blocked, and voila - no more calls. I would think att would also have this capability...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 11:15 AM
    Have you tried black white list program it runs about 25 dollars. And it says it can prevent people from calling in or the other side only allows certain people to call in. Check out the software in here for it and the forums to see what everyone think about it.

11-07-08 01:09 PM
    Hmm. I know with vzw, all you need to do is call cs, request that a specific number be blocked, and voila - no more calls. I would think att would also have this capability...?

I wonder if Tmo does this too!!! I don't think they do, but they really should make this feature available for ALL providers. you can do it with landlines, so you should be able to do it with cell phones. It would be so convenient.
    11-07-08 01:14 PM
    OK maybe you can't block BUT you can black list so they go straight to voice mail. Also if they block number they get message to *82. How you ask? An app called white list black list, I grabbed it from app store and I'm luvin it. Now my boss has to leave message

11-07-08 01:23 PM
    Hmm. I know with vzw, all you need to do is call cs, request that a specific number be blocked, and voila - no more calls.
    *~*Yep, true...I had to do this not too long ago... *~*
    11-07-08 03:09 PM
    haven't tried it so can't vouch, but others have said it works quite nicely...

YouMail - Ditch Unwanted Callers
    11-07-08 03:48 PM
    if there is someone bothering u or won't leave u alone and lets say u take it up with the police then yes AT&T can block a number, I used to have the iphone with them and i had a problem with someone, and after a month of being annoyed i gave up called them they were able to block the number after 10 minutes of talking to them
    11-07-08 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD