I've been searching, but are there any freeware file manager utility programs out there other than eFile? I'm not necessarily looking for anything fancy or even with a GUI -- a simple command-shell that allows navigating the device memory, media card, and managing the files would be perfect.
    11-16-07 11:01 PM
    The media app on the BB has an explore feature that does this.
    11-17-07 12:54 AM
    I don't know how long it would have taken me to find that. Thanks for the tip!
    11-17-07 09:01 AM
    wow thanks for that tip, been asking about that for the past 2 weeks
    11-18-07 08:49 PM
    Yes it allows you to rename the file but not the extension. Is there something that will allow you to delete the file extension?
    07-07-08 10:56 AM
    Yes it allows you to rename the file but not the extension. Is there something that will allow you to delete the file extension?
    That would not be a good idea. The extension tells it what type of file and which application is needed to open.
    07-07-08 04:26 PM
    I found it through Media but when I go to open a .xls file from there is says "Unable to display file /Media Card/etc/etc/contacts.xls (contacts being the file I want to open.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just to view what files are there and not to open them?
    08-12-08 09:30 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Explore is a simple file manger, there are no viewing options included.

.xls documents are created by Microsoft Excel. The later version of device OS, including yours, feature a preview of DocsToGo. The preview only provides a Word and PowerPoint viewer, but you can download the Excel editor/viewer to complete the set.
    08-12-08 10:33 AM
    use the Rove's file manager.... I use it
    06-21-09 03:11 PM
    You can aslo use BBFile Scout.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD