View Poll Results: Do you believe there should be rules of BlackBerry etiquette/use?

Voters
740. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

358 48.38%
  • No

183 24.73%
  • Maybe

199 26.89%
12-29-07 01:43 AM
721 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Crackberries should never be used for texting or emailing while driving. They also should not be used in quite environments where constant talking or chipping away at the keys can be grating to others
    12-20-07 03:44 AM
    I'm quickly finding that using my Pearl at the dinner table draws annoyed looks from my signifigant other. Definitely on the list of no-no's.
    12-20-07 03:49 AM
    One and only rule -Don't talk to your Blackberry.
    12-20-07 04:32 AM
    yes, just like in life I think being polite is important
    12-20-07 06:19 AM
    yeah - almost been run over a few times while texting or talking - self control - Ha !
    12-20-07 06:30 AM
    Simple, if something or someone needs your undivided attention, don't use it!
    12-20-07 06:30 AM
    [QUOTE=dasupaman23;73556]I feel they should be used when around non BB users. When we are around "our own" they can be thrown out of the window!!! Now join me in the BB prayer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

My sentiments exactly.

Amen !
    12-20-07 07:14 AM
    The fact that I get my e-mail while on the go pisses some people off,. I have to keep up with pending orders and graphic design approvals (which I can view from my BB).

Others would prefer I was not checking e-mail all day, I wouldn't have it any other way!!

BB's conform to the way YOU work, make your own etiquette.
    12-20-07 07:19 AM
    I hate Bluetooth headsets, even more when someone I'm talking to is using one. Still have yet to get the Jawbone or talk to someone using one, I think anyway. Are they really better than the rest?
    12-20-07 07:25 AM
    The president of my corporate parent's office is terrible about taking calls while in large meetings. Nothing is more frustrating than having 10-15 highly paid professionals sitting around a table doing nothing while we wait for this guy to finish taking a call... talk about waste!
    12-20-07 07:53 AM
    Shouldn't the rules of cell phone etiquette be the same as rules for the BB? Well, add the fact that using the BB at all in a restaurant or theater is very rude.
    12-20-07 07:59 AM
    I say that BlackBerry etiquette is the same as phone etiquette. Don't carry on a conversation in a public place (like a grocery store) especially with a wireless headset. I don't need to hear your conversation. Another no-no is texting while in a conversation with someone else.
    12-20-07 08:05 AM
    I feel they should be used when around non BB users. When we are around "our own" they can be thrown out of the window!!! Now join me in the BB prayer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That really is the truth...and I love watching the transition when someone evolves (though some would say devolves) from non-user to user. All of the sudden they get it...the light comes on, the choir sings, enlightenment is bestowed (ooppss...sorry, got a bit carried away with the season).

Happy Holidays All!
    Chris
    12-20-07 08:08 AM
    "Most people are sheep"... its a quote i feel is true. Therefore, its more about the people. Chew with your mouth closed, Greet/Salutations your guests, don't drag your feet, use your BB/cell at appropriate times. I see too many people at functions trying to act as if they were a celebrity.
    12-20-07 08:13 AM
    I can't stand when I have a meeting and people BB while we're talking about something as a group. There's times and places to use your BB, but when your obviously ignoring the person talking to you while you type away, that's just plain rude.
    12-20-07 08:43 AM
    dont bother me while i have busy on my messenger and dont check your blackberry while in the middle of a conversation with someone, its just rude
    12-20-07 08:46 AM
    I don't know many rude blackberry users.. Most of the people I know have it for work & use it for that purpose only.. My only rule is : Do not pick it up & start playing with it when my boyfriend is talking & I'm supposed to be listening.. He gets so angry.. Sometimes it's just magnetic though & ends up in my hand with my fingers pushing buttons )
    12-20-07 08:57 AM
    constant messaging, enough already, I get it, you like to forward every email you receive, stop it already...
    12-20-07 08:59 AM
    blackberry etiquette should be an extention of personal etiquette. It should be a no brainer that you don't interrupt face to face conversation to use your blackberry. You ought not disturb others in a restaurant, movie theatre, etc by using your blackberry. In short, the same manners that apply in face to face situations should apply to blackberry use.
    12-20-07 09:17 AM
    I am not much on rules, but I do have manners and use them frequently. I guess this is a situational thing. I drive and text, but I wouldnt check emails during a wedding. Actually I wouldnt use my BB in a church unless it was an emergency. I can think of other situations like concerts and programs, but what makes those different from sporting events? I also tend to curb the use when I have company over or if I am entertaining a group of friends. I believe they deserve your undivided attention.
    12-20-07 09:40 AM
    OMG HUGE pet peeve of mine, signs in places telling me it's NOT ok to use my cell phone wherever I'm at. Like, what if I'm standing there talking to someone who's with me I'm going to talk differently then I talk on my cell phone? NO. It's just these moronic people who think if they cant eavesdrop on BOTH sides of my conversation, they cant be completel. Stay out of my buis and stay out of my conversations.
    12-20-07 09:42 AM
    It comes down to common courtesy.
    Having a little respect for others around you...and those with you.
    We were having lunch at IHOP... a lady was there with a child that was about 7, she spent the entire time talking on her cell, You could not help but to hear her conversation, it could have waited.
    It was obvious the child was bored, he kept looking around,waiting for her to get off the phone. I felt very sorry for the child.
    12-20-07 09:54 AM
    I say use common sense...and if you don't have that. Remeber the Golden Rule....even that can apply to a balckberry
    12-20-07 09:59 AM
    Not sure it's just Berry etiquette but mobile phone etiquette in general. Such as switch it to vibrate in the cinema or theatre. I guess not talking to those people who are marked as BUSY on BB Messenger would go down as general etiquette.
    12-20-07 10:13 AM
    No, if there are special rules for Berry's, then they should apply for all phones.
    12-20-07 10:40 AM
721 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD