View Poll Results: Do you believe there should be rules of BlackBerry etiquette/use?

Voters
740. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

358 48.38%
  • No

183 24.73%
  • Maybe

199 26.89%
12-29-07 01:43 AM
721 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    I don't use it at dinner or when in a restaurant. Turn it off in movies or concerts or plays. Don't use it in the car except to take calls using the bluetooth headset. Also normally keep it on vibrate when out in public, no one needs to know if I am getting a call or since I don't like those annoying rings on other people's phones, they shouldn't have to deal with mine.
    12-19-07 06:03 PM
    Was in the middle of a sales presentation that tooks months to put together and the company CEO (the main target) spent the whole time blackberrying. We requested (and actually received) a do over. The CEO did apologgize afterwards...he said he was distracked by a company crisis.

S

PS: We did eventually get an order!!
    12-19-07 06:29 PM
    Don't like when Im talking to someone and they are looking down at their BB.
    12-19-07 06:42 PM
    I work for an organization where all the higher ups are issued 8700 blackberry's. They always wear them in their hip and when they are giving speeches or have engagements they always go off infront of everyone. They then always and I mean always will stop talking for a second and check the e-mail like it's going to be super important. Me having a blackberry I know half they e-mail they get is totally worthless junk mail! Just set it to vibrate in the holster please.... my command needs that class.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-07 07:03 PM
    The thing I think is the rudest is when someone is at an eatry and they are holding up the line yakking or emailing!
    I have to agree. I don't use my BlackBerry when it would annoy others.
    12-19-07 07:05 PM
    I voted no, but...if I had to pick a rule it would be:

No choosing long corny ringer's as email notices, and then let them ring instead of silencing them. Me "Hey, your phone is ringing." Them "It's just an email." Then they just let it ring and ring.
    12-19-07 07:08 PM
    Hey, I am a respectful person and that spiils over to my BB use. On the other hand, I live in a free country and believe everyone has the right to express themselves. Whether it is on th BB or face-to-face we all sometimes run into a rude #&%#@()$)
    12-19-07 07:09 PM
    I would have to say at restaurants is annoying as well as driving. Come on don't text while driving....common sense. I do have a friend that answered her bb while having sex. I guess she was bored....poor guy.
    12-19-07 07:10 PM
    rules were made to be broken but you can go to far with your use. Use common sense don't berry at a funeral, dont berry at YOUR wedding or someone elses unless somethig really good happened and you have to tell the world, if that happens make sure im included.
    12-19-07 07:22 PM
    I work in retail, and there are often people who come into my store and ask a question and then when I try to help they are busy tapping away on their berry! Drives me nuts!

Don't get distracted with your bb when someone is trying to help you!
    12-19-07 07:24 PM
    I hate when people talk on their cell phones while checking out at a store, or when they are getting their nails done. I just think that is so rude!
    12-19-07 07:27 PM
    I hate it when you know someone has a BB and they claim they didn't get your e-mail until they got home and checked the computer!
    12-19-07 07:55 PM
    Nothing worse that interupting a conversation to answer your phone... can anything be that important? I see users at meetings answering their Blackberries during meetings while someone is talking. Rude, rude, rude...
    12-19-07 08:05 PM
    I really only want regular phone etiquette to apply to blackberry's.

No phone usage in restaurants
    No phone usage in meetings, movies, libraries or any other quiet place
    No BB usage while you're driving in front of, beside, or coming towards me
    Turn the ringer off when appropriate
    Put it down when you are next in line for anything!!!
    12-19-07 08:12 PM
    Rules:

1. Look at the person in front of you more than the BlackBerry, and pretend to be interested
    2. Don't let on to others what that sound is every time you get a new email (Oh. There's a sound coming from my pocket/purse/jacket?? Not mine. I wouldn't be that rude).
    3. Don't text from toilet bowls
    4. If you work in a non-business environment, don't let your boss know that you have free access to the Internet all day.

That's about it.
    12-19-07 08:21 PM
    Please do not use your blackberry when you are at a business meeting and someone else (mainly me) is presenting. Also, Please leave all phones in the car when you go in to church.
    12-19-07 08:26 PM
    My husband uses his in Friday Night Shabbat Services at our Temple. How rude!!
    12-19-07 08:26 PM
    same rule should apply as with cellphones.
    12-19-07 08:37 PM
    1. Do NOT use while driving!
    2. Do not use when eating at the dinner table or at a restaurant.
    3. Do not use on a date.
    4. Put on quiet or vibrate while in church, weddings, funeral, etc.
    5. Do not use while having a conversation with another person.
    12-19-07 08:48 PM
    Well, I think one of the more important rules to be strictly adhered to is that you don't talk on the phone while "dropping the kids off at the pool" (going to the bathroom). Really. No.
    12-19-07 08:51 PM
    BB etiquette, well turn off your BB whenever you are in with your family or at a serious event like a funeral or wedding. Some people just can't split from their work or their BB.
    12-19-07 08:53 PM
    I started wearing a watch again so I don't look like I'm texting when I just want to see what time it is.
    12-19-07 08:54 PM
    It all depends on the situation whether the rules of etiquette apply. Just put yourself on the other side.
    12-19-07 08:55 PM
    Phone ettiquette is what people should learn before BB ettiquette.

This is the RUDEST:
    Someone isn't talking on their phone around me while out at a resturaunt. If your folks do it or someone you know you should tell them before I yell at them while in a resturaunt.
    12-19-07 09:00 PM
    Common sense and courtesy shouldn't have to be regulated...
    12-19-07 09:01 PM
721 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD