Rules for Blackberry Etiquette
1. If you must use the restroom....when placing a call....please use mute.
2. When "strongly" expressing your opinions...do not use speakerphone.
3. If you are waiting in line at the bank drive thru, don't stop all proper functioning just because you are a slow texter.
4. If you possess a Blackberry, don't rub it in continuely with a people that have "old-school" phones.
5. Just because you have a cell does not mean our cool.
6. When eating in a restaurant, do not talking about puking on a phone call.
7. If you must text when NOT considered an appropriate time.....be sure to excuse yourself to the restroom, but remember rule #1.
i use my blackberry anywhere and everywhere.. which is probably not the best thing but at least im discrete about it in restaurants or areas that it would not be appropriate.. dont b obnoxious about it and i think youd b fine
A friend of mine knows a manager that has a weekly meeting. The manager rarely attends these weekly meetings, instead using one of two delegates to run the meetings. Recently, the manager did actually attend the meeting, yet he sat in the corner and used his BlackBerry the entire time (prolly Brickbreaker)...
i say everyman for himself when using their BB, no holds barred, an eye for an eye, no rules!!! c'mon where are the rogues, the rebels, the pirates!!! except maybe when your talking your mom, then i would try a more laid back submissive approach.... other than that, make more calls in resturants put it on speaker phone, if you cant hear the other person talk louder.... that always works!! tell your boss while he is in mid sentence "hold on, i have an email" and if he does'nt like it, let him meet the pimp hand! people should put their life on hold for you and your BB. who cares where they are running late to, they can be a little bit later, you have a text message you have to reply to, that stop sign will still be there when your done!!! show the world the true gangster inside!!!!!
I had a Partners wife call and read me the riot act as her husband is a true crackberry adict and got caught, reading email during their holiday dinner. he hid his blackberry under a motza cracker....
I was in a meeting where the presenter had just finished and asked a collegue who was busily typing away on his BB a question. Oblivous to everything around him he kept typing. The presenter whipped out his BB and PIN'd the question to him directly.
One rule I would say is to definitely not even have the blackberry on during movies at the theater. The other day I noticed a BB user checking his phone about 7 times during the I Am Legend movie. The only reason I wasnt mad at the bright light cuz I was busy doing the same thing...oops :0
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.