Hi we know all that we can Download apk files on our BlackBerry 10 and use it fine, but I was wondering if this may threat my device's security!!!???
    Can any one talk about this please, and thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:35 AM
    Hi we know all that we can Download apk files on our BlackBerry 10 and use it fine, but I was wondering if this may threat my device's security!!!???

Posted via CB10
    There are many who do it. I would say the vast majority of ambassadors and mods. I'm probably the only one who doesn't. Also a large segment of the community. Everyone states that the runtime is a sandboxed VM and that there is no harm to your BlackBerry because it doesn't touch your OS.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    04-13-14 04:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've been using them using "Snap" for BlackBerry & nothing harmful have happened. I think it's safe as long as your APK source is trustworthy.
    04-13-14 05:47 AM
    You are the last line of defence when it comes to security on your phone. App permissions is what you need to look at carefully when loading up a new app. Android apps from stores other than Google Play or Amazon will increase the chances of getting apps that are unsecure. If you cannot trust the app then you may not want to give it permission to access your contacts or things like that. Unfortunately, unlike BlackBerry apps you cannot choose permissions. With Android apps you either accept all permissions or don't install the app. Read through the permissions and just make sure that it isn't asking for too much. An example I use a lot is a flashlight app doesn't need access to your contacts or files. That is not necessary. Luckily there are plenty of apps out there that can be trusted. It all depends on the level of trust you want to give them.

I use a few Android apps. The official app for my bank. Netflix. Subway Surfers. Ookla Speed Test. These are all well known apps and developers and I got them from Google Play where they have no chance of foul play. They can be trusted.
    04-13-14 07:07 AM
    There are no apps I need so bad that I would risk it. Maybe because of the implementation it may very well be perfectly safe to do but I'm totally a "better safe than sorry" sort. Even so, I don't care about stuff whatsoever like "Vine" or Netflix on my mobile.
    Cyanide971 likes this.
    04-13-14 07:46 AM
    I've been using them using "Snap" for BlackBerry & nothing harmful have happened. I think it's safe as long as your APK source is trustworthy.
    Bingo!!!