04-25-14 12:05 PM
    Do you have any thoughts on the article? I'll be moving this to our Stock subforum shortly. The real teeth grinder for me in an otherwise good article was their stock photo of an aged BlackBerry instead of something that has come out in the last year.
    04-25-14 03:14 PM
    Oh my gosh -- that ancient clunker of a phone..!! Yeah, that had me gnashing my teeth, as well.

I've put my money where my mouth is re BBRY, accumulating shares. This article mirrors my own thinking.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 04:26 PM
    On one or two television networks in Australia they put (an image of) that phone on the screen every time a Foreign Correspondent reports from overseas, so there's certainly a bit of the old - 'ingrained perception' thing happening there.

Posted via CB
    04-25-14 04:45 PM
    Oh.

>ahem<

I just now stumbled across the Mobile Nations rule prescribing pasting links with no additional, original thoughts. Oops.

So, ANYWAY -- Note Mike Koza is a "value investors," compared in the article to Warren Buffett. That means he's in it for the long haul, and he's not expecting a fast profit off his sizable BBRY bet. While his confidence is quite refreshing, his modus is something for people to "consider before investing."

This is also the first article I've read in some time that mentions BlackBerry's patents. Clearly, Chen feels the same way; hence his vigorous offense in the Typo case.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-25-14 06:32 PM
    Right now is the best time to be buying shares if you really do believe in blackberry. if not you will not really get another opportunity like this one.
    04-26-14 05:59 PM
    Right now is the best time to be buying shares if you really do believe in blackberry. if not you will not really get another opportunity like this one.
    As Chen Plan is a long range plan....that means he doesn't expect much in the short term. I think you have plenty of time to buy. Would expect the next two quarters to leave a lot of room for opportunities.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:40 PM