Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and I thought I would post my thoughts on my experience with my Z10. I've had it for 1 week now. I use to use BB a lot just like everyone and I switched when the iphone 4 first came out. I also owned several Android smartphones (nexus, note, etc.) which I've used to exclusively for personal reasons (personal email, games, etc.). I upgraded to a Z10 recently for my phone at work, so now I am carrying three devices (iphone 5, samsung note, and BB Z10).

First impressions (Z10 10.2.1.2977)
    - I agree to most users that the Z10 is of good build quality and the user experience is extremely well thought out. Great keyboard (better than swype in some cases) and great utility as a work device.
    - As a personal device, I love how BB app world has grown. I owned the playbook and I quickly shelved it because of the lack of apps.
    - Battery life is quite decent. Better than any smartphone that I've owned leaving me about 10-20% more power at the end of the day.
    - Highlights of this device was the app integration to the BB hub, its intuitive UI design, functional keyboard, BB balance, and Android runtime capabilities.

Initial Hiccups
    - the device would not connect to my work BES. The problem was solved at the administrator level. My active sync profile was quarantined automatically when I switched to BB10. I had no issues switching to other BB devices before. The error message to my device should be more clear so that the administrators know what to do.
    - Sometimes the phone will not ring/vibrate when receiving a call even when option is turned on.
    - Sometimes the phone turns on by itself in my bag. I believe the swipe up gesture to turn on the phone is activating it.
    - When sending an email to myself at , it says I'm an external address and I shouldn't be trusted. LOL.

Blackberry if you are listening, here is my feedback. I've worked in the telecom industry for a long long time and I'm a busy worker with a desire to have a single device that does everything well. I've seen previews of 10.3 and I believe my suggestions still apply. Thank you for so much for your time.

1. Google and Google Play Services

This is important to me. There are apps that I use that is only available on Android and they will not work with Google services. If this is not on the top of your priority list, please add it. As an end user, it does not matter to me about the barriers and how this can be done. I just need it to work.

2. Android Runtime Performance / Design

On the Z10 which is an older phone as I know, Android performance is a bit flaky. Some apps may run OK initially and sometimes I wait and wait. From a design/functionality perspective, I really dislike the black navigation bar on the bottom of every Android app. I know its purpose, but it eats up too much screen real estate. My iPhone 5 screen is bigger when the Z10 runs android apps. Going to the Z30 is not what I want to do as I prefer a 4.2 - 4.5" screen for usability.

3. Lockscreen
    Design
    - Please refresh the lock screen. Provide more user options to change the look & feel (size, location of notifications, how notifications are previewed.
    - Increase the size of the keyboard / buttons when entering your password. Please move the position and increase the size of the OK button to allow for one handed operation.
    Functionality
    - App integration e.g. weather widget. Enable scrolling/pagination on notifications/emails. I don't care for live wallpapers, but supporting widgets in the lockscreen or in the OS in general maybe controversial but its important to me.
    - Allow user to choose picture password even if a BES policy says not to. I thought picture password was more secure?
    - If using a regular or simple password, lockscreen should know you've entered the right password without having the hit the OK button.

2. Email / BB Hub
    - Please look at iOS app "Mailbox app" on how it implements gestures to delete/archive emails.
    - Be able to customize the hub i.e. an app that sends notifications can be saved under its own category.
    - An option to "select all" emails/notifications and choose mark as "read all".

3. Phone
    - Show your own phone number to myself. Yes, I forget sometimes.
    - Favourites? Other than the 2 boxes at the top.
    - Suppress the dialing digits sounds. Where's this option?

4. Hardware -perhaps on a Z11 future device?
    - move the power button to the the left or right of the device. It's unnatural to me to be in the middle top.
    - move the head phone, usb / hdmi ports to the bottom
    - put in louder speakers

I look forward in seeing the Passport and future iterations of BB10. Great job in creating a great device/platform for us.

thanks,
    K
    08-29-14 11:47 AM
    In every android app, swipe from the top bezel and click on hide tab, this will hide the back bar on the bottom (to go back in an app, swipe diagonally from right to left starting from the bottom bezel onto the screen)

For your number in the phone app, just swipe down, this will show your number

Posted via CB10
    wyrdfool and faab like this.
    08-29-14 12:04 PM
    To mark all email read, click on the date in the hub, then choose mark prior read.

Regarding Google play services, it's almost impossible, because BBRY would basically have to run an android phone to be allowed to use play services, since makers can't run a forked android version (the android runtime that BBRY uses is one). So to be allowed to have play services, you either have an android phone (with Google apps (Gmail, Google talk, etc.) pushed down your throat or you don't get access to play services.

But some apps can run even with Google play services requirement. Search crackberry for Cobalts Lucky patcher
    Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:05 PM
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and I thought I would post my thoughts on my experience with my Z10. I've had it for 1 week now. I use to use BB a lot just like everyone and I switched when the iphone 4 first came out. I also owned several Android smartphones (nexus, note, etc.) which I've used to exclusively for personal reasons (personal email, games, etc.). I upgraded to a Z10 recently for my phone at work, so now I am carrying three devices (iphone 5, samsung note, and BB Z10).

First impressions (Z10 10.2.1.2977)
    - I agree to most users that the Z10 is of good build quality and the user experience is extremely well thought out. Great keyboard (better than swype in some cases) and great utility as a work device.
    - As a personal device, I love how BB app world has grown. I owned the playbook and I quickly shelved it because of the lack of apps.
    - Battery life is quite decent. Better than any smartphone that I've owned leaving me about 10-20% more power at the end of the day.
    - Highlights of this device was the app integration to the BB hub, its intuitive UI design, functional keyboard, BB balance, and Android runtime capabilities.

Initial Hiccups
    - the device would not connect to my work BES. The problem was solved at the administrator level. My active sync profile was quarantined automatically when I switched to BB10. I had no issues switching to other BB devices before. The error message to my device should be more clear so that the administrators know what to do.
    - Sometimes the phone will not ring/vibrate when receiving a call even when option is turned on.
    - Sometimes the phone turns on by itself in my bag. I believe the swipe up gesture to turn on the phone is activating it.
    - When sending an email to myself at , it says I'm an external address and I shouldn't be trusted. LOL.

Blackberry if you are listening, here is my feedback. I've worked in the telecom industry for a long long time and I'm a busy worker with a desire to have a single device that does everything well. I've seen previews of 10.3 and I believe my suggestions still apply. Thank you for so much for your time.

1. Google and Google Play Services

This is important to me. There are apps that I use that is only available on Android and they will not work with Google services. If this is not on the top of your priority list, please add it. As an end user, it does not matter to me about the barriers and how this can be done. I just need it to work.

2. Android Runtime Performance / Design

On the Z10 which is an older phone as I know, Android performance is a bit flaky. Some apps may run OK initially and sometimes I wait and wait. From a design/functionality perspective, I really dislike the black navigation bar on the bottom of every Android app. I know its purpose, but it eats up too much screen real estate. My iPhone 5 screen is bigger when the Z10 runs android apps. Going to the Z30 is not what I want to do as I prefer a 4.2 - 4.5" screen for usability.

3. Lockscreen
    Design
    - Please refresh the lock screen. Provide more user options to change the look & feel (size, location of notifications, how notifications are previewed.
    - Increase the size of the keyboard / buttons when entering your password. Please move the position and increase the size of the OK button to allow for one handed operation.
    Functionality
    - App integration e.g. weather widget. Enable scrolling/pagination on notifications/emails. I don't care for live wallpapers, but supporting widgets in the lockscreen or in the OS in general maybe controversial but its important to me.
    - Allow user to choose picture password even if a BES policy says not to. I thought picture password was more secure?
    - If using a regular or simple password, lockscreen should know you've entered the right password without having the hit the OK button.

2. Email / BB Hub
    - Please look at iOS app "Mailbox app" on how it implements gestures to delete/archive emails.
    - Be able to customize the hub i.e. an app that sends notifications can be saved under its own category.
    - An option to "select all" emails/notifications and choose mark as "read all".

3. Phone
    - Show your own phone number to myself. Yes, I forget sometimes.
    - Favourites? Other than the 2 boxes at the top.
    - Suppress the dialing digits sounds. Where's this option?

4. Hardware -perhaps on a Z11 future device?
    - move the power button to the the left or right of the device. It's unnatural to me to be in the middle top.
    - move the head phone, usb / hdmi ports to the bottom
    - put in louder speakers

I look forward in seeing the Passport and future iterations of BB10. Great job in creating a great device/platform for us.

thanks,
    K
    I assume since this is your first bb10 phone

Any bes that worked on older bbry phones will not work with bb10 regardless of profile

You need bes 10-11 which are not compatible with bb7 or older
    Bes 12 out later this year will be bbos and bb10 compatible
    yes you must maintain 2 bes servers to run it
    Unless you use mdm
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-29-14 06:33 PM
    The android navigation bar can be removed you know. Swipe from top and disable it. After you do that, to back out you swipe from bottom at a angle towards the left.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-29-14 08:12 PM
    You can also mark all read by pressing on the date within the hub. Not the most obvious function but it's there. You haven't discovered everything about BB10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-29-14 08:14 PM
    When you tap on the phone app, you will land on the recent call screen. slide the screen down to reveal your own number above the Speed Dial contacts.
    Feedback for Blackberry BB10 Z10 - first impressions-img_20140829_223855.jpg

Posted via CB10 - (Z10 w/ OS 10.3)
    Last edited by josaki; 08-29-14 at 09:43 PM. Reason: clarity
    08-29-14 08:17 PM
    In every android app, swipe from the top bezel and click on hide tab, this will hide the back bar on the bottom (to go back in an app, swipe diagonally from right to left starting from the bottom bezel onto the screen)

For your number in the phone app, just swipe down, this will show your number

Posted via CB10
    Something that may not be obvious - with the fullscreen "cinematic" approach of BlackBerry 10 and the swipe gestures, you actually get the same viewable app real estate on the Z10 as phones with much larger screens. For example, the Moto X with a 4.7" screen has the same app image size as the Z10 with a 4.2" screen. This is because the top screen row of icons in Android as well as the back, menu, and app switcher buttons at the bottom of the screen decrease viewable viewing area significantly.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 01:09 AM
    Something that may not be obvious - with the fullscreen "cinematic" approach of BlackBerry 10 and the swipe gestures, you actually get the same viewable app real estate on the Z10 as phones with much larger screens. For example, the Moto X with a 4.7" screen has the same app image size as the Z10 with a 4.2" screen. This is because the top screen row of icons in Android as well as the back, menu, and app switcher buttons at the bottom of the screen decrease viewable viewing area significantly.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't call half an inch a much larger screen. And I don't know why your quoting me, you should tell this to the OP, but using a note, everything seems small.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 01:40 AM
    Just adding to the good points you're making about full screen in Android apps, and that the approach BlackBerry takes yields a larger viewable image.

Assuming the person starting this thread is reading through sub comments and responses, but sorry for the disturbance otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:26 AM
    Just adding to the good points you're making about full screen in Android apps, and that the approach BlackBerry takes yields a larger viewable image.

Assuming the person starting this thread is reading through sub comments and responses, but sorry for the disturbance otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, did not want to sound like a j*rk!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:39 AM
    Wow, thank you all for the responses! I learned a few new things about BB10.

BB10 is still a bit buggy. I got the full screen android apps to work, but closing the window sometimes baffles me. The screen rotates very slowly and to swipe to close seems to move around the screen... I have BES10. My comment above still applies because it wasn't an automatic change to BB10 as it required admin assistance.

I still believe that Google Services needs to implemented. No matter how difficult or expensive it may be. In fact, I think the Blackberry guys knows this too and there is a rumour that BB10 will becoming more Android like very soon.
    09-03-14 10:31 AM
    Wow, thank you all for the responses! I learned a few new things about BB10.

BB10 is still a bit buggy. I got the full screen android apps to work, but closing the window sometimes baffles me. The screen rotates very slowly and to swipe to close seems to move around the screen... I have BES10. My comment above still applies because it wasn't an automatic change to BB10 as it required admin assistance.

I still believe that Google Services needs to implemented. No matter how difficult or expensive it may be. In fact, I think the Blackberry guys knows this too and there is a rumour that BB10 will becoming more Android like very soon.
    Android apps work very well in 10.3. It's just a short wait now, unless you are in the US..... then who can say for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 10:40 AM
    What's to be happy with BlackBerry becoming more Android like? Are you sure You got the phone you want?
    09-03-14 10:45 AM
    What's to be happy with BlackBerry becoming more Android like? Are you sure You got the phone you want?
    Android apps work very well in 10.3. It's just a short wait now, unless you are in the US..... then who can say for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Androids apps don't work in 10.3 with the apps are fully dependent on google and google play services.

You will find out what I know soon....
    09-03-14 11:03 AM