I'm looking for feedback on blackberry and personal experience using them. I would also want to know some of the pros/cons that you have found using the blackberry OS. Thanks
    10-06-08 04:58 PM
    Lets start this on the right foot.

There is a reason we call them CrackBerry's. Try it, just once.
    10-06-08 05:07 PM
    I'm looking for feedback on blackberry and personal experience using them. I would also want to know some of the pros/cons that you have found using the blackberry OS. Thanks
    Not trying to sound rude or anything, but this entire forum is full of positive/negative/neutral feedback and information...
    10-06-08 05:07 PM
    Not trying to sound rude or anything, but this entire forum is full of positive/negative/neutral feedback and information...
    And I am posting a new thread for one centralized place for information...
    10-06-08 05:11 PM
    I have had many different smartphones (thru alltel). I have to say that the BB is by far the best device i have used. The others (palm, WM) were unstable, and had too many bugs for me. Needed constant attention, resets, and many trips to the store. The functionality of the BB is very user friendly. The device is very stylish, and durable IMO. The apps are lacking somewhat compared to the others, however, if the device doesn't work, the app won't work. So for these reasons i LOVE my BERRY.
    10-06-08 05:15 PM
    One centralized place for information? If I'm looking for info on GPS, I'll go to the GPS forum. Bluetooth? You guessed it. Bluetooth forum.

Ummm.... good luck with your centralization - as stated above, the entire Crackberry forum is a list of pros & cons as well as experiences with BlackBerries.
    10-06-08 05:16 PM
    One centralized place for information? If I'm looking for info on GPS, I'll go to the GPS forum. Bluetooth? You guessed it. Bluetooth forum.

Ummm.... good luck with your centralization - as stated above, the entire Crackberry forum is a list of pros & cons as well as experiences with BlackBerries.
    I'm sorry, i thought this was BB discussion forum and this is a BB discussion.

Or am i wrong?
    10-06-08 05:21 PM
    I think you are missing the point everyone is making.
    Centralization is not and never will work on a Forum such as this.
    That is why issue specific threads are created. Otherwise this will become a
    bunch of conversations at once.

A better idea is to do a search for the issue(s) that interest you
    and read through, ask questions in, and comment in those.

No one is trying to be rude or condescending, just realistic.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-06-08 at 05:31 PM.
    10-06-08 05:28 PM
    well, i can say that the Blackberry is my first smartphone and in using it, I've found no reason to have to look elsewhere for my next smartphone.

I found the OS to be pretty intuitive. There are some minor things that I've found are minor annoyances, but in no way deal breakers. But being that blackberry has been predominately a business oriented device until lately, I can see why. For example, when saving a number, the default is "work".
    10-06-08 05:29 PM
    To me, BB users fall into 2 categories (or a combo of the 2 like myself...) Business users and everyday users. However, the pros of BB are the same for both.. Convenience in a communications device. Real time push email, easy to type keyboard, and stable OS are things that not very many devices can offer. Like many, I've had a variety of devices through the yrs, winmo, symbian, palm.. But have never had the same level of simplicity as a BB.

The biggest drawback on the BB was always its multimedia capabilities, but with the introduction of the pearl, curve, etc, BBs can do anything other devices are capable of.

Now, if only the monthly plans weren't at such a premium...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 05:38 PM
    Need to at least list your requirements and wishes. There is no prefect device for everyone and it really depends on what you want and need. In my opinion Windows Mobile Professional is much more powerful, but much more difficult to master, and with not even remotely close to the same battery life that is normal on a BlackBerry. I haven't used Palm in 8 or so years and it was outdated then. Never used Symbian or the iPhone. The lack of a hardware keyboard on the iPhone just rules it out for my needs, but other love it. Really depends on personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 06:32 PM
    Other posters in the forum are correct. There is no centralized repository of BlackBerry information. I do not think that any of use knows the entirity of the BlackBerry's capabilities.

This goes double with all the new products being delivered. The new hardware does more and so does the new Operatin System (somtimes)

There is absolutely no substitute for owning a Blackberry and playing with it while you use it. The OS is about as compicated ate Windows 3.1 imo which is pretty amazing in such a tiny box.

You shuould read the 101 Lecture seris (link in my signature and have a look at the RIM published video demos here
    BlackBerry
    BlackBerry
    101 Demonstrator for the BlackBerry Pearl� 8100� Smartphone.

I have the feeling that you are about to start selling BlackBerrys in your store. This is a good thing for you and within reason we will help you with specific questions that you may have. However we are not a commercial support organisation - we are here for fun - and we cannot tolerate a commercial organisation sucking up our meagre and free resources.

Unsanctioned commercial posts are removed in very short order here and the posters summarily banned forever - it usually takes about 15 minutes between posting and banning. Please do not put yourself or us in that position

That said, you need to read our posts in Crackberry and absorb the truly vast amount of information and jargon on at least a daily basis. If you do that an if you also contribute then you will soon become a valued member withing the CrackBerry community.

Good luck.
    10-07-08 04:45 AM
    I've had many phones and I will never use anything but a blackberry. The forums are a valuable source of information if you are looking for info but there is a forum for just about everything. I don't think you will be dissapointed with a bb.
    10-07-08 09:28 AM
    I have had about 8 or so phones since I was 14, and I got my first phone. For a year before I had my Blackberry Curve 8320, I had a Samsung Blackjack. It is a WM phone, and is a horrible phone all around. It was extremely laggy, and just a pain to deal with overall. I got my first Blackberry this July, and I absolutely love it. I am always looking for new ways to make it better, and to improve what it does to help me improve my everyday life, and keep better organized. There is nothing that this BB can't do. It is a Camera, Mp3 Player, a phone, a web browser, I can email, text, and so much more!
    10-07-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD