Try to get a stl100-3. Mine works greats for the last 3 months, no problems so far.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think I can get stl100-3 in india. Aren't they country specific models?
    07-14-14 10:56 PM
    I'm a hard-core BlackBerry fan and have always supported BlackBerry and want it to be successful. I follow all the latest news about it religiously and try my best to talk people into buying BlackBerry phones. I wanted to buy z10 since it was launched. But since it's price was too high and I could not afford it, so I waited for it to come down. When finally it did I didn't wait to buy it and was so happy with it. I just thought that I won't change it for atleast two years, because I don't care about hardware specs unless the os is smooth n nice to operate. It has has been 3 months since I bought it and now I feel very bad to say that I am really FED UP of it.

I have the stl100-1 version of z10 which now I know has many issues. The biggest of all BATTERY ISSUE.
    Ive had the battery issues since beginning with phone randomly switching off at any percentage. I did factory reset, got the software reloaded and even tried every single thing mentioned in forums. But the problem returns again.

Another major disappointment was CONTACTS APP. I count not imagine that a phone which is meant to keep you going can have such a poor contacts app where contacts randomly get merged or deleted. Syncing is so bad. Sometimes it only show numbers while receiving a call. Just because of this poorly made contacts app I had to maintain a phone number diary so that I don't end up losing contacts as I don't trust this app at all.

What is the point in having a sexy device if you can't simply depend on it! I made my 3-4 friends buy z10 by explaining them how cool n fast z10 is and how superior the os experience is in comparison to android. But now I am regretting that why I bought this phone. Earlier I thought that BlackBerry will address all the issues with updates and battery problem will go away.

But even after the update meant to solve the issues my phone seems no different. Now I have no hopes from 10.3 as well. They will bring in many new features but will again leave some bugs un addressed which make the device counter productive. Have wasted so much of my time on finding solutions for making my that phone work properly which is meant to get things done quickly.

I don't love android ui and am a big fan of BlackBerry 10, but with kind of loopholes BlackBerry has left I seriously feel like selling this z10 and buying some other phone.
    i think the batter problem is a z10 thing in that it has small capoacity 1800mah battery... with all thats coming from various accounts etc.. it just doesnt last... i was in the same situation and upgraded to z30.. suffice to say the battery issue doesnt exist... 2 days of battery life makes things just a little better

the contacts app i think is pretty good;... it needs to improve with syncing and merging contacts (definetely merging) as its such a hassle... but i dont know of any other contacts app that competes for the other platforms i have used properly.. ios contacts.. rubbish... android.. a little better... imo of course... dont know about contacts in windows phone
    07-15-14 03:06 AM
    I'm using the same model and so far I'm good. It has served me well. This happens to any brand of phones. Some will have some kind of problems.

Posted Via CB10 on my Z10
    07-15-14 03:14 AM
    Only issue with the z10 is the battery life.. but thats the same on all phones unless you go for a 5' beast with a bigger battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 03:34 AM
    Contacts app sucks and always will. Even in 10.3, they haven't quite revamped it the way it should be done, along with the battery being a major concern. Be like the rest of us who love bb and buy 2 or 3 more batteries and switch them when needed.
    Whats wrong with contacts app.. its better than any other os out there

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 03:35 AM
    At the first release of the z10, yes I did read of a few people complaining about the above issues. Having 43 employees on BB10 devices, we have seen zero of these issues. From the beginning, the z10 has suffered from battery life similar to the iphone. So you should have known this since you keep up on the news. As for BB10 overall, I recommend the z30 to date. Have yet to have any issues. However, I have never installed a leak, I follow update instructions to the letter etc. Perhaps your battery is not seating securely enough causing random reboots.

Posted via CB10
    None of them get multiples of the same contact in the Contacts App? I find that very very hard to believe.
    07-15-14 04:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Contacts multiply randomly with the ferocity of Tribbles on meth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 07-15-14 at 05:03 AM.
    Nicholas Kathrein likes this.
    07-15-14 04:50 AM

I had a lot of trouble with contacts merging spontaneously, across accounts and inappropiately (they had nothing in common and should not be synced).

My solution for that was checking all field of the contacts; there were fields with '' or spaces, in the fields 'Company name' and others. Those were merged on the basis of that 'similarity'.

I don't know where that 'pollution' came from, but after scrubbing the contacts, removing all excess 'empty' fields, it did not happen again.
    We really need better control over what fields are being matched for auto-merge. And we should be able to 'un-merge all' if something goes wrong.

Another thing is the time zone issue with Office365/Exchange; many appointments are displayed as 'originally made in Reykjavic time, GMT+0, while I'm in Amsterdam time zone, GMT+1. Birthdays may also be off by a day.

That should be fixed.
    07-15-14 07:07 AM
    Oh DAMN seriously?!? I've been off on birthdays!!! I thought I was going crazy!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 07:41 AM
    I've had 2 STL100-1 Z10 phones, one black and now a white one. My black Z10 was flawless in terms of hardware but my current white one had a similar problem with the battery not fitting correctly and the phone would occasionally turn off. I used a small piece of paper wedged at the one end of the battery to secure it against the battery pins and that fixed the problem of it turning off. That was a really nasty way to fix the problem and just knowing that the paper was there irritated me so I removed paper... strangely the phone hasn't switched off even after taking the paper out. Colour me confused, I have no idea what the actual cause of the intermittent turning off was and I don't know what fixed it but I don't have the problem anymore.

Device: Z10
    Model Number: STL100-1
    SW:10.2.1.2977

Problem was fixed before the 2977 SW update.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 08:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    BB10's contact app is actually the worst of any modern mobile OS I've tried. Have you never encountered the contact duplication and merging problems that happen on their own unexpectedly? It has been widely mentioned here. If you haven't had those problems, consider yourself lucky.
    07-15-14 09:54 AM
    You'll understand the frustration with 100-1 after you've seen this graph. This happens today.
    Fed up of my z10 [STL100-1]! tell me what to do now!-img_20140715_214439.png
    07-15-14 10:01 AM
    OP, I feel your pain with erratic Z10 battery issues. You should be able to get another device from the retailer. I returned 2 burned up Z10's that fried the motherboard. Happened quick too. Took all of a minute to heat up to ridiculous levels.... Then, poof. Dead.
    When I returned the phones to the carrier, they replaced it, no questions asked. I'm thankful for that!
    I too need my phone. So I will no longer be getting "the latest and greatest" I'll stick to older devices.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    07-15-14 10:27 AM
    . I used a small piece of paper wedged at the one end of the battery to secure it against the battery pins and that fixed the problem of it turning off.
    Posted via CB10
    I've also done the same now. Yesterday while charging it was switching off and on just by itself. I didn't even touch it all this while. Then I did the same thing as you did. Haven't had that issue again but it's irritating to have that paper there.
    07-15-14 11:00 AM
    You'll understand the frustration with 100-1 after you've seen this graph. This happens today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140715_214439.png 
Views:	364 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	285116
    Oh dang that is so familiar to me from when I had my Z. I'm sorry.....

Sent from my SEXY RED SGIII using Tapatalk.
    07-15-14 12:30 PM
    BB10's contact app is actually the worst of any modern mobile OS I've tried.
    At least it opens up right away, right? On my GS3, there's a noticeable delay when opening the dialer or the contacts app.
    07-15-14 12:37 PM
    At least it opens up right away, right? On my GS3, there's a noticeable delay when opening the dialer or the contacts app.
    Is the noticeable delay 2 to 3 hours long? That's about how much time I had to spend fixing the contacts after the last time BB10's contact app decided to disorganize them for me. Personally, I'd rather wait a second or two longer for the app to open and actually find my contacts just the way I left them when it does open.
    07-15-14 01:02 PM
    Is the noticeable delay 2 to 3 hours long?
    6-8 seconds on 4.2, 3-5 now on 4.3. And this happens every time I launch the dialer/contacts/favorites/call log. I've had the phone since December 2012. Feel free to do the math.
    07-15-14 01:50 PM
    Get the z30, or reload the os or update the software, or you might have been attacked by virus

Posted via CB10
    Virus! I think you'll find they happen to other people.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-15-14 02:13 PM
    Sorry but my STL100-4 does not have the battery life that I expected based on other smartphones available at the time. Sure I can go 36 hours on the weekend when I don't use it. But during a day when I am constantly picking it up, I'll get 8- 10 hours. If I need to use the GPS for a little while, it is MUCH less than that - left my car charger one time.

I have seen plenty of other than STL100-1 users that have battery issues. The problem really is that BB10 does so much more than BBOS, that the Z10 needed a larger battery. It's also why the Z30 got stuck with its screen.
    I agree that the battery for the Z10 is minimal. 8-10 hours moderate use is not what I would call bad, its marginal but not bad. Throw GPS into the mix and there isn't a cell phone anywhere that will not show increased battery consumption. If I may play Polly Anna for a second, I'll just say that the small Z10 battery makes it easier to carry a spare.
    07-15-14 03:04 PM
    Get a Z30

G's Z30
    07-16-14 12:02 AM

That's the trouble with tribbles.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-16-14 01:22 AM
    I've also done the same now. Yesterday while charging it was switching off and on just by itself. I didn't even touch it all this while. Then I did the same thing as you did. Haven't had that issue again but it's irritating to have that paper there.
    Try wiggle the pins that touch the battery contacts and make sure bother the pins and battery contact pads are clean. Maybe one of the pins that touch the battery terminals is gets a bit stuck and does not extend fully to make good contact with the battery.

Good luck, hope you get your Z10 sorted, it's a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 05:08 AM
    If BlackBerry wont bother to fix the Z10's battery issue then getting any future BlackBerry won't be advisable.
    that might be a bit extreme since not all BlackBerry's are built the same ... similar to how not all models from any manufacturer are built the same. But it definitely is advisable if your carrier would allow to try it for 15 days and decide if it meets your needs.

The Z10's issue partly is that the battery is really small for the type of hardware it has. Just simply, it's a design flaw. No amount of software updating will make that go away. The Z30 has better battery life in part because it has a much better battery.
    07-16-14 05:57 AM
    They mate as well. I see random mixings of names, phone numbers and other data as well. Not entirely convinced its 100% BlackBerry's fault or if BlackBerry's bugs are interacting with bugs in other mail services/programs that have touched my contacts as well. For example, I have perpetual duplicates appearing on my Mac also. My theory is that contacts have some issues in general, but BlackBerry has some ugly issues on their own that they have to address.
    07-16-14 06:01 AM
106 ... 2345