I'm a hard-core BlackBerry fan and have always supported BlackBerry and want it to be successful. I follow all the latest news about it religiously and try my best to talk people into buying BlackBerry phones. I wanted to buy z10 since it was launched. But since it's price was too high and I could not afford it, so I waited for it to come down. When finally it did I didn't wait to buy it and was so happy with it. I just thought that I won't change it for atleast two years, because I don't care about hardware specs unless the os is smooth n nice to operate. It has has been 3 months since I bought it and now I feel very bad to say that I am really FED UP of it.

I have the stl100-1 version of z10 which now I know has many issues. The biggest of all BATTERY ISSUE.
    Ive had the battery issues since beginning with phone randomly switching off at any percentage. I did factory reset, got the software reloaded and even tried every single thing mentioned in forums. But the problem returns again.

Another major disappointment was CONTACTS APP. I count not imagine that a phone which is meant to keep you going can have such a poor contacts app where contacts randomly get merged or deleted. Syncing is so bad. Sometimes it only show numbers while receiving a call. Just because of this poorly made contacts app I had to maintain a phone number diary so that I don't end up losing contacts as I don't trust this app at all.

What is the point in having a sexy device if you can't simply depend on it! I made my 3-4 friends buy z10 by explaining them how cool n fast z10 is and how superior the os experience is in comparison to android. But now I am regretting that why I bought this phone. Earlier I thought that BlackBerry will address all the issues with updates and battery problem will go away.

But even after the update meant to solve the issues my phone seems no different. Now I have no hopes from 10.3 as well. They will bring in many new features but will again leave some bugs un addressed which make the device counter productive. Have wasted so much of my time on finding solutions for making my that phone work properly which is meant to get things done quickly.

I don't love android ui and am a big fan of BlackBerry 10, but with kind of loopholes BlackBerry has left I seriously feel like selling this z10 and buying some other phone.
    07-14-14 06:07 AM
    At the first release of the z10, yes I did read of a few people complaining about the above issues. Having 43 employees on BB10 devices, we have seen zero of these issues. From the beginning, the z10 has suffered from battery life similar to the iphone. So you should have known this since you keep up on the news. As for BB10 overall, I recommend the z30 to date. Have yet to have any issues. However, I have never installed a leak, I follow update instructions to the letter etc. Perhaps your battery is not seating securely enough causing random reboots.

Posted via CB10
    pystha and Bbnivende like this.
    07-14-14 06:22 AM
    What OS are you on

Posted via CB10
    ryanza likes this.
    07-14-14 06:23 AM
    And I also heard the battery terminals are loose in some of the Z10's try putting something in-between battery to make it more snug? Or take back and get another one if under warranty

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:24 AM
    Get the z30, or reload the os or update the software, or you might have been attacked by virus

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:24 AM
    How do we know COMPLETELY that 10.3 will not address some of these issues? Does anyone REALLY know what all of 10.3 contains?
    npunk42 and wincyUt like this.
    07-14-14 06:25 AM
    What OS are you on

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:54 AM
    Get the z30, or reload the os or update the software, or you might have been attacked by virus

Posted via CB10
    Have already got the software reloaded from BlackBerry service center. The issues have again come back.
    07-14-14 06:56 AM
    How do we know COMPLETELY that 10.3 will not address some of these issues? Does anyone REALLY know what all of 10.3 contains?
    I said that seeing the past record of updates. If even after one and half year the battery issue still prevails then definitely they are careless with fixing bugs. So now I'm not expecting anything from 10.3 as well.
    07-14-14 06:59 AM
    I had issues with rebooting on my Z10. A new battery fixed it straight away. I was fortunately able to swap one with a mate to confirm the issue with the battery.

Go with the Z30, if you are bored with the Z10, it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 07:01 AM
    I had issues with rebooting on my Z10. A new battery fixed it straight away. I was fortunately able to swap one with a mate to confirm the issue with the battery.

Go with the Z30, if you are bored with the Z10, it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    I even got the battery changed from service center. So I guess it's not the case of faulty battery.
    07-14-14 07:05 AM
    From the beginning, the z10 has suffered from battery life similar to the iphone. So you should have known this since you keep up on the news.

Perhaps your battery is not seating securely enough causing random reboots.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I knew about battery life being less but I didn't know that battery will behave in such a random way. Switching off randomly.
    And the battery is tight enough in its place. Have tried many things already. I guess there's some problem with sensors which tell device the battery percentage. Because sometimes my device remains working for hours at zero% battery and sometimes turns off at 20%.
    07-14-14 07:11 AM
    YesYouCan I'm truly sorry for your hard feelings about your phone. Since your nickname is "Yes You Can", I advice you the same as it is stated in your nickname.
    You can easily found out that most of us Z10 users don't experience these problems at all (in company I work in, a lot of Z10 and other BB 10 phones connected to BES10). You shouldn't have fallen on negative marketing competition spreading about BB, I think that's what killing your self esteem, a hard-core BB users should always have it. If all of us are happy, and some very happy with our phones you should think 'can I' : answer : YES YOU CAN .
    Try to find out what cause the difference in experience, that can help.

Z10 is a great phone by my standards better than anything competition can offer in the same price range . Battery can be better but it can be in any smart phone I know.

Have a nice day and years to come with your sexy BB Z10 phone.
    07-14-14 07:33 AM
    Hey OP, if you're only real problem with Android is the UI, why not go ahead and get a Android device and then change the UI?

Android isn't like BlackBerry 10 where you're stuck with what they give you. Android still has themes, Including themes that look and work like the MeeGo/BlackBerry 10 style of UI. You could also get a Android and use the Jolla Sailfish launcher and have a UI that is very similar to BB10's, but slightly better in some ways. Just a suggestion since it seems like you don't have very many problems with Android itself. Good luck!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-14-14 07:46 AM
    Just a suggestion since it seems like you don't have very many problems with Android itself. Good luck!
    I have one more issue with android and that is of security. since we all know how vulnerable android is I fear going to it. There isn't also any way to select what all permissions we give to the apps while downloading on android. Since safety is a priority for me in all things so I'm highly sceptical about Android. Security is also one of the reasons I like BlackBerry. If this battery and contacts thing is solved I really won't need to shift. Also I don't want to shift.
    07-14-14 07:56 AM
    YesYouCan I'm truly sorry for your hard feelings about your phone. Since your nickname is "Yes You Can", I advice you the same as it is stated in your nickname.

You shouldn't have fallen on negative marketing competition spreading about BB, I think that's what killing your self esteem, a hard-core BB users should always have it. If all of us are happy, and some very happy with our phones you should think 'can I' : answer : YES YOU CAN .

Have a nice day and years to come with your sexy BB Z10 phone.
    Thanks for such a nice reply.
    I'm in no way influenced by the negative marketing spread by competition. It's just that I experienced these issues. Like I mentioned I'm a hard-core BlackBerry user I support BlackBerry in all ways but just want phones to be stable in at least such big issues. Thought of changing to some other phone out of frustration of finding solutions for making it work properly.
    07-14-14 08:08 AM
    I have one more issue with android and that is of security. since we all know how vulnerable android is I fear going to it. There isn't also any way to select what all permissions we give to the apps while downloading on android. Since safety is a priority for me in all things so I'm highly sceptical about Android. Security is also one of the reasons I like BlackBerry. If this battery and contacts thing is solved I really won't need to shift. Also I don't want to shift.
    Eh, I just bought a new Android smartphone, the OnePlus One, and I've never felt more secure. When it comes to controlling application permissions, this Android device blows away any BlackBerry ever made. And I'm talking about it completely stock. The OnePlus One ships running KitKat with CM11s and out of the box, factory stock, I can view and edit application permissions.

It comes stock with CyanogenMOD Privacy Guard. So nothing I install gets any permissions I don't want it to have. No root required, and it does it all by itself automatically whenever any new app is installed. That's where this beats BlackBerry's approach. All of the permission I care about are turned off automatically until I decide to turn them on. If I ever do decide to turn them on. It has all the manual controls you could ever need, but also works automatically so you never need to think about it.

Again, no root required. It has this feature straight out of the box.
    07-14-14 08:12 AM
    That's Android. Even on an Android device, when you go to download an app, you have to accept everything.

Eh, I just bought a new Android smartphone, the OnePlus One, and I've never felt more secure. When it comes to controlling application permissions, this Android device blows away any BlackBerry ever made. And I'm talking about it completely stock. The OnePlus One ships running KitKat with CM11s and out of the box, factory stock, I can view and edit application permissions.

It comes stock with CyanogenMOD Privacy Guard. So nothing I install gets any permissions I don't want it to have. No root required, and it does it all by itself automatically whenever any new app is installed. That's where this beats BlackBerry's approach. All of the permission I care about are turned off automatically until I decide to turn them on. If I ever do decide to turn them on. It has all the manual controls you could ever need, but also works automatically so you never need to think about it.

Again, no root required. It has this feature straight out of the box.
    Yeah, OK. Like we haven't heard of apps bypassing the permissions on Android. You're in dreamland.
    buwee likes this.
    07-14-14 08:25 AM
    Change your title that you are fed up with your z10 stl-1.

And get yourself a stl-2.
    07-14-14 08:30 AM
    Change your title that you are fed up with your z10 stl-1.

And get yourself a stl-2.
    How? Those are country specific models I guess. In India I guess only STL100-1 is available.
    07-14-14 08:35 AM
    What apps are you running. I have had some games that caused some of the problems you are describing. If you do have apps installed I would recommend removing all of them and add them back one at a time to see if there is a change.
    07-14-14 08:45 AM
    What apps are you running. I have had some games that caused some of the problems you are describing. If you do have apps installed I would recommend removing all of them and add them back one at a time to see if there is a change.
    I don't have any games installed and try installing only trusted apps. But since you say it worked for you I'll give it a try. Hope it works.
    07-14-14 08:52 AM
    Get the z30
    Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry wont bother to fix the Z10's battery issue then getting any future BlackBerry won't be advisable.
    bbq10l and deslyh like this.
    07-14-14 09:05 AM
    OP it seems obvious that you allegedly have a defect Z10. Complaining will not solve your problem; so either exchange the phone for another one or buy extra batteries to compensate for the battery issue. Oh and if you are truly "fed up" with the Z10 buy a Z30 or move on.
    07-14-14 09:05 AM
    OP it seems obvious that you allegedly have a defect Z10. Complaining will not solve your problem; so either exchange the phone for another one or buy extra batteries to compensate for the battery issue. Oh and if you are truly "fed up" with the Z10 buy a Z30 or move on.
    There are thousands of Z10 complaint threads here in CB, so obviously OP is not the only person affected. Asking OP to buy a Z30 is not a great idea as a few may have already lost hope with BlackBerry because of the horrid battery. BlackBerry should look into the issue or at least create a better battery so Z10 users won't be stuck with bad battery.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-14-14 09:11 AM
106 123 ...