05-26-09 11:40 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-22-08 10:25 AM
- 11-22-08 10:36 AM
- 1) Ability to SMS or Bluetooth a VCard
2) Browser automatically swap to Hotspot browser when using WiFi (excellent idea, lalifeguards
3) Natively create new Word document (although I have a New blank template document that I just edit and save as, which works) and Format (bullets, etc)
4) Turn off camera sound (my daughter gets shy and hates having pics taken)
5) Install apps onto MicroSD
6) Record phone calls (legal evidence, etc)
7) Unknown caller straight to voicemail, or different ringtone
8) Native .pdf reader11-23-08 08:56 AM
- Ya SMS Threaded is there an ap that does this?1 - THREADED SMS ORGANIZATION! Seriously... Palm and WM both handle this better.
2 - Integrate VibAndRing. Device should be able to vibrate and ring at the same time...
3 - Integrate something like PeekAWho for customizable email/bbm/sms alert popups. 3rd party apps don't have access to open email/sms inboxes, but if RIM did it, they would.
4 - Saving email attachments to storage should be a lot easier.
5 - Ability to change fonts per app. Maybe I want a different font setting for Messages than I do Tasks or SMS.
6 - More UI customizations would be nice (change the look of the phone app, etc).
7 - RIMM should make Wikipedia and Youtube apps. This would help negate some of the issues with the regular wikipedia site and help the quality issues with youtube mobile (not to mention a lot of other phones have a youtube app already).12-08-08 12:35 AM
- DuviRetired ModeratorTrue Threaded SMS (and MMS like Android) - I can't tell you how many times I have to go to the SMS outbox to see if I actually responded. The iPhone does this the best.
True HTML Email - Gods of email, you need to work for that title!
Email Folders - I wish RIM would get better IMAP support for BIS.
Tabbed Browsing - I would mind if there was a limit (3-5 tabs per session)
Visual Voicemail - I hate to dial in to voicemail and have to go in order to listen to crap :-(
VibandRing - without the app!
Multiple Alarms / Different times/days - I work Sun-Thur, Sun being at a different start time... why must I remember to change my alarm on Saturday night (when I'm probably ripped) or have to turn it off on Thurs!
PIM (contacts/calendar/notes/tasks) OTA syncing - How about never having to connect to DM to sync?
That's it for now...12-08-08 01:29 AM
Black & Whitelist: A phone call screening software for Blackberry smart phone.12-08-08 02:32 AM
- I wish the berrys had the actual MP3 trimmer on the phone. My work phone (the HTC Touch) has that feature...right now, I can easily just do it on there, save to memory card and then use in my berry.
But I think it would be nice if there was one on the berry right away.12-08-08 12:29 PM
Dropping the RIM servers would be a death sentence for push email, just look how the iphone screwed the AT&T 3G network by poor handling of connectivity. The cellular networks can't handle the bandwidth if every mobile device does frequent OTA direct checking of the backend mailbox.12-09-08 12:01 PM
- 1. Send Contact info by SMS
2a. Device time from GPS (option)
2b. Better time zone identification and configuration, including direct entry of offset from UTC (as +/-hhmm).
Many times when I'm airport hopping I know the local time offset but I have no idea how RIM named the time zone. It takes too long to find by trial and error, particularly if the local unit of currency is the Banana.12-09-08 12:13 PM
- Dropping the RIM servers would be a death sentence for push email, just look how the iphone screwed the AT&T 3G network by poor handling of connectivity.The cellular networks can't handle the bandwidth if every mobile device does frequent OTA direct checking of the backend mailbox.12-11-08 11:52 AM
- Ok, i'm probably gonna get blasted here but does anyone else recognize that about 80% of all these complaints i've read on here are really invalid...Most Blackberry's already do these things if you have your settings configured right..and for the 20% of these things it doesnt do out of the box there are 3rd party applications for them..
People please take the time to read your user manuals or explore these forums for the how-to's for these..dont just assume because you dont know how to do it .. it doesnt do it ...Ive said this many times and especially since the release of the storm..please understand the equipment, play with it, read about it, learn about it before you assume that it just doesnt work or doesnt have that feature...BlackBerry's are a beast all unto themselves and as such do not operate, function, work, like any other phone on the market...they are great devices if you know how to use them properly...
I know the blackberry nation has had alot of coverts in the last 6months ..so please just take the time to learn your device before you complain about it not doing something cause I think its fair to say it probably does .. you just dont know how to make it do what you want . .. Sorry for the rant but sometimes reading these just makes me wanna scream ..12-11-08 12:23 PM
- 12-11-08 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD