I put this in another post, but a Remote Desktop Tool, or at least a VNC client. It would make my job so much easier if I can remote into some of my company's computers from my CB.
    11-20-08 09:59 AM
    I wish they had a dash between the area code and the phone number. Pretty difficult to read a number when all the numbers are jumbled together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yup very annoying bb doesn't automatically put dashes in between the area code, exchange and number. I noticed this when I first got my bb. So I made sure when I entered all my contacts I manually put the dashes in...much easier to read a number that way.
    11-20-08 09:59 AM
    I'd love wireless sync'ing on a BIS account. I hate having to manage email on my BB and then clean it up again on my desktop.
    11-20-08 10:25 AM
    1) The ability to send a contacts details via SMS.

2) To Paste by pressing Shift+Trackball within the Browser.

3) An End and Home Key, such as on an ordinary pc keyboard.

11-20-08 02:01 PM
    Flash!!
    and diff ringtones for messages for diff people...my old p.o.s phone could do that lol.....
    11-20-08 02:26 PM
    1 - THREADED SMS ORGANIZATION! Seriously... Palm and WM both handle this better.

2 - Integrate VibAndRing. Device should be able to vibrate and ring at the same time...

3 - Integrate something like PeekAWho for customizable email/bbm/sms alert popups. 3rd party apps don't have access to open email/sms inboxes, but if RIM did it, they would.

4 - Saving email attachments to storage should be a lot easier.

5 - Ability to change fonts per app. Maybe I want a different font setting for Messages than I do Tasks or SMS.

6 - More UI customizations would be nice (change the look of the phone app, etc).

7 - RIMM should make Wikipedia and Youtube apps. This would help negate some of the issues with the regular wikipedia site and help the quality issues with youtube mobile (not to mention a lot of other phones have a youtube app already).
    Last edited by papped; 11-20-08 at 02:33 PM.
    11-20-08 02:30 PM
    I'm with ya on the vibe and ring! I purchased the program you can get to do that, but it didn't work every time I got a phone call.
    11-20-08 02:59 PM
    Just to make sure, did you do the setup correctly? (Allow all for VibAndRing app access, set your profile to Tone only for phone calls)
    11-20-08 03:01 PM
    Yep. I had emailed back and forth with their customer support but for some reason I could never get it to fully work with my phone. Just bad luck I guess, but the application was a great idea!
    11-20-08 03:03 PM
    1 - THREADED SMS ORGANIZATION! Seriously... Palm and WM both handle this better.

2 - Integrate VibAndRing. Device should be able to vibrate and ring at the same time...

3 - Integrate something like PeekAWho for customizable email/bbm/sms alert popups. 3rd party apps don't have access to open email/sms inboxes, but if RIM did it, they would.

4 - Saving email attachments to storage should be a lot easier.

5 - Ability to change fonts per app. Maybe I want a different font setting for Messages than I do Tasks or SMS.

6 - More UI customizations would be nice (change the look of the phone app, etc).

7 - RIMM should make Wikipedia and Youtube apps. This would help negate some of the issues with the regular wikipedia site and help the quality issues with youtube mobile (not to mention a lot of other phones have a youtube app already).
    Yeah the threaded txt msgin would be sick..all these plus the flash player would be amazing
    11-20-08 03:10 PM
    I would like to see a "normal" TCP/IP support as opposed to BIS. This implies data NOT flowing through RIM servers at all, as well as the possibility of having a native e-mail client with full support of IMAP folders.
    11-20-08 04:00 PM
    A toaster function.... Hah. Full browser, Ir (remote control) RF intergration ( car keys) ...

11-20-08 11:54 PM
    I'd love wireless sync'ing on a BIS account. I hate having to manage email on my BB and then clean it up again on my desktop.
    You can set you email to reconcile on the desktop and delete there. Go to: Messages>menu>options>email reconciliation>1)Delete on [Mailbox & Handheld] 2)Wireless reconcile [on] 3) on conflicts [Handheld wins]

1) The ability to send a contacts details via SMS.

2) To Paste by pressing Shift+Trackball within the Browser.

3) An End and Home Key, such as on an ordinary pc keyboard.

Try hitting 1 and 7. In many places, including the BB browser, messages list and others, it will do just that. 1 is [home] and 7 is [end]!

I would like to see:

1) For all models: Include an option for the phone to vibrate and ring at the same time. Even inexpensive phones can do this. Why cant my blackberry "smartphone"?

2) For all models: People tend to use their phones as a quick notepad for writing down numbers (on the homescreen). There should be an option to save that number to an EXISTING contact, not to just a NEW contact. To do it currently you must copy, and after finding the name in the phonebook, pressing menu then edit then paste. it would be a lot simpler if there was an "Add to existing contact' from the homescreen menu.

3) Support for creating a new Word or Excel document should come standard. Ask any Windows Mobile user what they would do if their smartphone could not create a new Word Document. (Do you hear the laughter?)

4) A warning system to let you know that your file free has dropped below the required amount for the phone to function, instead of having the phone automatically delete call logs and SMS's.

5) For the 8220: A patch to speed up the phone. As a previous 8120 user I appreciate the new 4.6 OS, just not the lag that came along with it. A newer version phone should be faster, not slower.

6) The outer display on the 8220 should be customizable to support background pictures.

7) On the 8220, there should be an option for closed operation of the camera. The outer display should have the preview showing for enabling the user to take self portraits.

8) Add a flashlight application. Just have the application turn on the light. And allow it to be used closed as well. I currently use my 'video camera' more often as a flashlight (with the video light set to 'on') then I do as a video camera.
    11-21-08 12:36 AM
    Hi Lalifeguards,

I've tried pressing 1 and 7 in those places and nothing happens. Could you explain more please.

11-21-08 12:49 AM
    An optical trackball!

11-21-08 12:24 PM
    Sirfox, start a new thread asking that question. It might have to do with your OS or maybe try a battery pull.

LOL I came up with another thing:

9) Having the browser automatically switch to 'hotspot browser' when using WiFi.
    11-21-08 01:16 PM
    8300/4.5.0.81 and battery gets pulled every week or so. Nevermind

11-21-08 01:19 PM
    I wish they had a dash between the area code and the phone number. Pretty difficult to read a number when all the numbers are jumbled together.

It's an international phone. Most countries don't follow the 3-3-4 format for phone numbers.
    11-21-08 01:42 PM
    1) Ability to SMS or Bluetooth a VCard
    2) Browser automatically swap to Hotspot browser when using WiFi (excellent idea, lalifeguards
    3) Natively create new Word document (although I have a New blank template document that I just edit and save as, which works) and Format (bullets, etc)
    4) Turn off camera sound (my daughter gets shy and hates having pics taken)
    5) Install apps onto MicroSD
    6) Record phone calls (legal evidence, etc)
    7) Unknown caller straight to voicemail, or different ringtone
    8) Native .pdf reader
    11-21-08 02:47 PM
    5) Install apps onto MicroSD
    How about making it like Nokia phones where you can store apps AND MESSAGES on the microSD card?!?! [I've heard rumors that the Samsung BlackJack II can store messages and contacts to the microSD card...]
    11-21-08 03:36 PM
    Hi Lalifeguards,

I've tried pressing 1 and 7 in those places and nothing happens. Could you explain more please.

B for Bottom and T for Top.
    11-21-08 05:42 PM
    Thanks Life, but that's not what Home and End does - it takes you to the beginning of a line of text or to the end of a line of text, respectively.

When typing on my pc I find myself using these two keys all the time to save me using either arrow key which wastes loads of time. I would really use this a lot on my Curve too since I do a lot of typing. Nevertheless, it is more of a quibble than a big deal.

After suggesting this, I did however realise that there wasn't much space on the Curve for this feature. Then again I'm no technical whizz either so maybe it could be done.

Anyhow, thx for the input Life, and God Bless.

11-21-08 05:53 PM
    Flags for email, sms, etc. So I know I still need to respond to them (currently have to mark items as unopened as a reminder to respond)

Great idea. No native BlackBerry support but PeekAWho with its companion FollowUp! App does it for about $10.

11-21-08 05:55 PM
    Hi Lalifeguards,

Another option (1 and 7 may be carrier-specific? - doesn't work for me) -
    In message lists, web pages, message text, and many other situations -
    T -> top
    B -> bottom
    Space -> down a page
    Left Shift-Space -> up a page

11-21-08 06:03 PM
    My List is not even Blackberry Specific, but something I've wanted for a number of years, even before my BlackBerry

I would like:
    >2 phone numbers 1 Phone.
    How I would implement it.
    each phone number would have a different "wallpaper" "led colour" so say my 2 phone numbers are 555-1111, and 555-2222, 1111 would be RED, and 2222 would be Blue, so if I call from the RED screen the receiver of my phone call would see 1111 as the phone number, from the Blue, 2222 as the phone number. a few things that would be needed with this would be the option to set address book entries as being for 1111, 2222 or both, and calendar entries the same, you can have entries as 1111 entries as 2222 or seeing ALL entries and they are colour coordinated with there respective numbers.

My reason for wanting this is I have to carry 2 phones, one personal 1 business, having a single phone with 2 different plans would be ideal.

>I would like to see Rim add a second MicroSD slot, accessible with out removing the battery, and as mentioned before, have apps run off of the MicroSD card rather then the internal memory.

>Native MS office editing apparently added to Bold and Storm, but I don't have those.... YET

I have quite a few hardware accessories I'd like to see.
    I would like to see a QWERTY keyboard WITH a number Pad separate build as a small Docking station for the BB, I want to "Dock" my BB into this Super Nintendo Controller (SNES) sized/shaped keyboard either powered by Bluetooth or the USB cable plugs into it, but it would be a great add on to my phone when I sit down for lunch rather then breaking out a laptop I would have the slightly larger and more useful keyboard. to type on.

I would like to see an external Screen as well, be able to have my BB plug into a 7"-10" screen, again for faster viewing and use rather then loading up my laptop I just want to dock my BB and go, the BB is enough of a computer for my basic needs, but for speed I would like a bigger screen and keyboard which would remove the portability of it if permanently attached so being able to keep them in my brief case for use when I have time to set up like in a hotel or coffee house would be great.

I would like editable address book entries if the address was sent from another blackberry, currently I can't edit those that got e-mailed to me. I have to re enter them.

I would like a Weekly Calendar view that also includes a view of my TODO list

I want to be able to assign VOICE DIAL nicknames, to ALL my contact list, add a field for "Nickname" which Outlook already has, that way if I have 5 John Smiths in my address book I can easily pick which one I want to call even if it is only once a year.

RESEND option for Delivery Failure e-mails, that allow editing of the incorrect e-mail address with out having to forward the entire e-mail or re type it.

Ability to Wirelessly Sync your Calendar as well as Sync Via Desktop, allowing multiple Calendar sharing.

I think that is it for now
    11-21-08 10:52 PM
113 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD