Hub - makes communication quick and easy.

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    12-01-15 03:18 PM
    It's a tie between the HUB and the Home Screen Open App Multitask ready feature.

Being able to PEEK and then Review EVERYTHING in the HUB is truly awesome, but so is the multitasking available via swiping and choosing open Apps on the home screen.

Damn I love BB10. If only it had launched with a Z10 and then a Z30 3 years earlier, they could have still been a serious player in the Smartphone world. It's an amazing OS.
    Good point. So simple to multi-task and close Programs.

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    12-01-15 03:19 PM
    auto dial ext.

who knew?

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2639
    What do you mean? Do you put the phone number and extension all at the same time before you call?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 06:21 PM
    What do you mean? Do you put the phone number and extension all at the same time before you call?

Posted via CB10
    I have done that with several contacts. If you enter the number, then pppppp (not sure how many you need, I just put lots) then the extension, it pauses before dialing the extension you have put in. Works.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    12-02-15 06:55 AM
    PS. Never tried it on hubby's iPhone, but probably would work there too.

12-02-15 06:57 AM
    The hub by a landslide.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless (for now)
    12-02-15 07:55 AM
    I love swiping to delete words. I keep trying to do that on my IPad. All I get is more typos LOL!!
    I won't get a Priv until I can set permissions on apps.

I really hate typing on my ipad. I'm too used to PKB. I will have to invest in a keyboard case one of these days.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless (for now)
    12-02-15 07:56 AM
    Gestures.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 08:00 AM
    Tie between the Hub and swipe up. I kept trying to swipe up on my android tablet the other day. Lol I felt like John Chen

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 08:30 AM
    Tie between the Hub and swipe up. I kept trying to swipe up on my android tablet the other day. Lol I felt like John Chen

Posted via CB10
    That's what you get for using the Google.
    iamci likes this.
    12-02-15 11:23 AM
    Hub, the amazing virtual keyboard and flow+peek.

I'm, that's three, but I couldn't decide which was the best

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 12:29 PM
    The gestures in general. When I have to use a friend's non BB10. I always end up using gestures and get puzzled for a second as to why nothing is happening lol. They just become so intuitive that it's almost like muscle memory.

Posted via CB10
    Have to agree. I find myself trying use gestures like swipe to wake when I pick up another type of phone, only to be disappointed.

Passport. It's not as big as you think it is.
    12-02-15 12:35 PM
    ALL of them abovve!!!
    12-02-15 12:48 PM
    Oh, I forgot, the pinch to find unread emails!!

bh7171 likes this.
    12-02-15 02:38 PM

Oh, I forgot, the pinch to find unread emails!!

I can't get this to work reliably on my Berry. Sometimes pinch for filtered Unread emails works, sometimes it doesn't even after pinching about 20 times. Maybe my fingers are too fat.

EDIT:
    OK, glad I saw this in the forum because it forced me to figure out why 90 percent of the time this feature does not work for me.

Two things;
    -My Berry only responds to a HORIZONTAL pinch for unread email sorting, and nothing vertical.
    -It's much better if I use my index and middle fingers for the pinch vs my thumb and index that I use for every other pinch.

Issue solved.
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 12-04-15 at 08:24 AM.
    12-03-15 09:03 PM

I can't get this to work reliably on my Berry. Sometimes pinch for filtered Unread emails works, sometimes it doesn't even after pinching about 20 times. Maybe my fingers are too fat.

EDIT:
    OK, glad I saw this in the forum because it forced me to figure out why 90 percent of the time this feature does not work for me.

Two things;
    -My Berry only responds to a HORIZONTAL pinch for unread email sorting, and nothing vertical.
    -It's much better if I use my index and middle fingers for the pinch vs my thumb and index that I use for every other pinch.

Issue solved.
    You're welcome :-).
    I do notice that HOW you touch a screen makes a difference. My hubby is sometimes too heavy handed with his iPhone and says it doesn't work. I tell him to touch it lighter, then it works.

I think I use my index finger and middle finger to pinch.

BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    12-04-15 03:16 PM
    You're welcome :-).
    I do notice that HOW you touch a screen makes a difference. My hubby is sometimes too heavy handed with his iPhone and says it doesn't work. I tell him to touch it lighter, then it works.

I think I use my index finger and middle finger to pinch.

Many things in life are like this. A lighter touch and more finesse wins over brute force. I remember when I was learning to Ski, usually the women did so much better right off the mark because skiing is more finesse than it is muscle strength. A twist here, a heel push there, a weight shift here. Same with touch screens. I notice kids tend to be really good because of their small fingers and the fact that they don't use much force, just elegant touch. Good point.

I notice that even when I type on my Chromebook or on my Q5 that I hit the keys like I'm mad at them. It's ridiculous. I could use a fraction of the energy and still get the same result.
    12-04-15 09:27 PM
    Just remembered ANOTHER thing I like.
    Making a capital letter by long pressing. I keep trying to do that on my IPad and nothing happens. Much easier for typing passwords with mixed caps and lower case.

12-04-15 10:52 PM
    Very easy copy and paste, and automatic saving of drafts. Also hub inbox where you see all messages, even on subfolders.

Passport SE
    12-05-15 04:32 AM
    Hello,

The Hub is top on that list, but it is really about how everything works together. Sounds silly to say, but BB10 flows and other OS (except WebOS) jump or stutter between things.

Blackberry, or should I saw the BB10 team did a great job at actually thinking about how people could interact with their device instead of saying "go sift through third party trash and find what might work" and then use the Back button a lot.

BB10 itself is a well thought out product that functions smoothly and effortlessly. That's really the whole story for me.

Everytime I pick up a non BB10 device I'm reminded of how painfully inferior the other OS are.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    nevertoofar likes this.
    12-05-15 03:21 PM
    Exactly what everybody else said ! Hub is a favorite.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 06:39 PM
    So many things, but probably the file manager is my favorite.
    Hub
    VKB
    Swipe
    Being able to label pictures
    Etc

What do you mean label pictures?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 06:43 PM
    That's what you get for using the Google.
    What you get is customization.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...putility&hl=en
    12-05-15 08:56 PM
    People pretty much mentioned everything I would say, but I would also like to mention Youtube.

With Supertube/Fastube Youtube apps on BlackBerry 10, for only $3, you could get a Youtube app that is
    - adfree
    - download capable
    - playing on the background

If you wanted those features on an Android or IOS phone, you would have to pay $10 a month for Youtube Red.

https://m.youtube.com/red

So just remember this next time you see a person using an IOS and Android phones watching Youtube ads on their phones.

Yes, you heard it right. Google wants to charge people money to have a video playing on the background minimized, which is something that we BlackBerry 10 users enjoyed from the start.

So yes, it is actually a blessing that there is no native Youtube app on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 10:57 PM
    What do you mean label pictures?

Posted via CB10
    When I take a picture I can go to properties or rename, and give the picture a name. Such as: my dog at the beach. Then I can do a search and immediately find that picture. I don't know how to do that on an iPhone. I haven't used Android (yet).

12-06-15 12:13 AM
89 1234