Hey guys. I've recently noticed that some of my fb notifications aren't coming through to my phone. I did a battery pull earlier and got my friend to send me an inbox, and nothing. A couple days ago I was getting notifications when people were commenting on a photo of mine, and I was getting notifiactions from that. I also noticed that my notifications aren't going through towards my email(inboxes), but when I checked the settings on my facebook, everything seemed fine and I haven't made any changes from before. I don't understand what's going on. I checked all my other folders and I don't see it at all. Also, now instead of saying the users name whenever someone comments on a picture of mine, or something, it says "Facebook User" until I click it and see the activitiy. I got a fb notification after doing a battery pulled saying "Facebook notifications enabled" earlier today. Can somebody please help me.

Another Update: I just got my friend to comment on one of my pictures, and it worked. But when I get inboxes, they don't go through to my phone but I just checked my hotmail and I seen the notification there at the same time the picture comment was sent...but the inbox was done earlier. (I hope I make sense lol)
    Last edited by spontaneous; 08-20-11 at 07:35 PM.
    08-20-11 07:30 PM
    Interesting.

I have a similar situation. Whenever I get a FB notification, whether it be a comment or a message, my FB app always gets the notification marker on my FB icon, but doesn't have a notification marker on my Messages icon. However, if you look in Messages folder, the FB comment/message is in there.

I forgot when/where, but I remember being prompted if I wanted FB notifications to be sent to my Messages folder and I checked No (since it's pretty redundant)... Maybe it was before I ran a few updates on my FB app... I'm running OS6 with the latest updates and latest FB update (as of a few days ago)...
    08-20-11 07:55 PM
    I used to have great FB notifications (no issues) before I updated. They were instant and I got all of them. Now I realize I keep getting logged out of facebook for some reason and the notifications are polled instead of pushed. There is a new update out and I will see if that fixes anything.
    08-20-11 10:54 PM
    Facebook v2 is not as smooth at receiving notifications since Facebook changed their messages API.

I've noticed messages are very hit and miss on my BB app but not only that there are also random other happenings such as wall posts, comments etc that sometimes do not ever show up in my Facebook app.

Lots of work needed to get the RIM Facebook app to where it should be
    08-21-11 06:24 AM
    That really sucks. Before I upgraded to 2.0 I had no issues, I could get all posts instantly and I had no problems with what the app unlike some. With this version I feel like I'm constantly having to check facebook instead of facebook telling me I have a notification.
    08-21-11 08:48 AM
    The last few days I've had this problem then all of a sudden this morning I started getting them again. I went in and played with my Facebook settings on the computer, but I believe that was more of a coincidence than anything.
    08-21-11 10:00 AM
    Check the apps forums for issues related to apps
    08-21-11 10:17 AM
    I does get all my notifications except messages in my FB inbox
    09-06-11 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD