I need some help. I just downloaded facebook 1.5 from the bb help website and I think it tried to take over my calendar. I use the today theme and none of my events are showing up on my home screen but they are still on my calendar. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 05:39 PM
    Unfortunately, when facebook is connected to the calendar app, it sets it's own calendar as a default service. I know for the storm there's a way in the options to set the default service. What I'm currently trying to do is get the facebook app to play nicely with my normal calendar syncing. In my case, I want the facebook events/birthdays to simply just appear in my phone without including them in the calendars I use for syncing. I'll let you know how this goes.
    04-21-09 06:05 PM
    I just saw that it duplicated all birthday alarms that I had... what crappy software...
    04-21-09 06:11 PM
    it deleted mine too!
    04-21-09 06:38 PM
    In options>advanced options>default services you can select which calendar is your default. Today themes will show only events from the default calendar on the homescreen. Apparently some people had a problem with the new FB app setting itself as the default calendar, though this did not happen to me.

04-21-09 06:44 PM
    is that the settings in the blackberry or in the facebook program? i'm still not sure about this program.
    04-21-09 06:47 PM
    I just noticed that it actually duplicated every event in my calendar...annoying
    04-21-09 06:59 PM
    oh my! I just noticed that my events are not showing up either. What the heck!
    04-21-09 07:15 PM
    In options>advanced options>default services you can select which calendar is your default. Today themes will show only events from the default calendar on the homescreen. Apparently some people had a problem with the new FB app setting itself as the default calendar, though this did not happen to me.

i had the same thing happen to me. Do the procedure above and switch back to your origianl default calendar. Then do a battery pull and your Today Theme will work just as it did in the past.
    04-21-09 07:19 PM
    Thank you much for the help. I don;t think FB 1.5 was worth the wait..
    04-21-09 07:36 PM
    Thanks Mainiak Blaniak you are like genious. I was panicked and what you said to do worked! Gotta love this crackberry site!
    04-21-09 07:50 PM
    It triplicated every event in my calendar...
    04-21-09 07:53 PM
    yup, do what Mainiak said!
    04-21-09 08:00 PM
    go to facebook>menu> options> choose what applications you want facebook to add to.

watch better when u install it. it asks if you want to connect facebook to like four items in there. you change all that in fb app options
    04-21-09 08:18 PM
    the default application change worked :-)

Thank you Thank you Thank you :-)
    04-21-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD