I'm currently using a Curve 8330 with Verizon. Do the newer Curves or Bold operate items such as (or especially) the browser faster? It seems that mine has a speed similiar to dial up. In addition do they (the newer ones) display htmlmessage and Java in the browsers?
    04-06-09 04:13 PM
    Yes, the newer devices use a much improved OS and they all have
    faster processors.
    04-06-09 04:22 PM
    Everything AG said above is correct.

Also consider that EV-DO shouldn't be working at a "dial up" speed as you stated. I think you should see what the coverage for EV-DO is like in your area if you consider switching to another VZW phone. You might experience the same thing as far as internet browsing goes.
    04-06-09 05:06 PM
    Yes, the newer devices use a much improved OS and they all have
    faster processors.
    Remember though that the new curve 8900 and the bold are not available on Verizon at this time however.
    04-06-09 05:55 PM
    Remember though that the new curve 8900 and the bold are not available on Verizon at this time however.
    That's true but I think the OP was speaking in general.
    04-06-09 05:57 PM
    Also depends on which OS vesion you have installed on your BB. Some of the features (such as HTML e-mail) are a part of the 4.5 OS.
    04-06-09 08:45 PM
    I'm using OS 4.5 and I may have EVDO disabled. I remember disabling it on my old Razr to preserve battery life and don't recall if I did it with my BB.

Well dang, I was hoping the new Curve was available. I'll probably wait as I sure like it.

On another topic (let me know if I should start a new thread)....

My work has an Enterprise server, do I need to subscribe to the Entrprise plan to get my work e-mail ? When I try to add the e-mail address via BIS it doesn't ask me for a pin, nor will it configure.
    Last edited by ffemtjacque; 04-08-09 at 10:06 AM. Reason: typo
    04-08-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";