What's a faster way to add a number to the addres book than navigating to the address book and selecting phone number then typing in the number? When meeting people at a party, this is incredibly lame. Can I type it in as a call, then somehow convert that to my book with it automatically knowing to put it under the phone number category?

And on the other side of that party conversation, if they call me then hang up so I get their number that way, how do I quickly add that to my address book rather that selecting and copying the number, then navigating to the address book, find the right field, and paste?
    10-07-09 01:12 PM
    For your second question: Select the number in the phone log and hit Menu. "Add To contacts" is one of the choices, and you can then add the person's name to the number.
    10-07-09 01:35 PM
    For the first one, just add it to notepad and add it to the address book later.
    10-07-09 01:38 PM
    What's a faster way to add a number to the addres book than navigating to the address book and selecting phone number then typing in the number? When meeting people at a party, this is incredibly lame. Can I type it in as a call, then somehow convert that to my book with it automatically knowing to put it under the phone number category?

And on the other side of that party conversation, if they call me then hang up so I get their number that way, how do I quickly add that to my address book rather that selecting and copying the number, then navigating to the address book, find the right field, and paste?
    there dubmenow at m.dubmenow.com. it seems to have a lot of potential if the developers fix a few bugs that peeps on here have pointed out. but it does what you want, just lets you send and receive contacts' card and it goes straight into the address book
    10-07-09 01:41 PM
    When in the phone mode, type in the number you want to save. Click on menu, select SMS text to the number, in the message area type the name of the person, hit menu, save draft. When you have time to add it to your address book you can later on.
    10-08-09 12:08 AM
    This is all fine and dandy.
    There are so many ways to send contact card
    or BBM or Txt if you both have a blackberry or both have. bluetooth.

For me its easy to just either get there name and # or name and @. So I dnt forget to add it later.

But voice note is great for this if its not tpo noisy. Asign conv key. And then say name # and @ boom enter it later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 12:57 AM
    I just dial the number, then without pressing send, press the BB menu key and choose "add to address book." very quick, very easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD