It is with a bitter-sweet tone that I must bid you all farewell, as I've recently switched to the "dark side" with an Android device (Samsung Vibrant). Blame my wife, really, as I bought it for her (to replace her Motorola Cliq) and immediately was taken back by how much us BlackBerry users sacrifice for quick email push and better battery life. In any case, tomorrow will be the day I receive my Vibrant, and will begin my journey through the world of Android.

It's been a great number of years with you all, and I'll fondly remember the time I had here at Crackberry.com.

Now, on to business matters...anybody wanting to buy a like-new condition, unlocked 9700 with tons of accessories and original packaging? hah
    08-23-10 04:51 PM
    I am sure you will pleased with your new phone, but there is no reason to leave CrackBerry.

This is not "just" a BlackBerry community, many of our former BlackBerry owners have moved on, but they will always be CrackBerry addicts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/

08-23-10 05:15 PM
    Hope you like the new device.

You can still come over to CB anyway like I do. I don't use a BB anymore either but
    I'm still around to pester everyone. Just ask Reed
    Last edited by The_Undertaker_; 08-23-10 at 06:22 PM.
    08-23-10 06:01 PM
    I have to agree witht the others... There's no need to leave cb..

I wish you well on your android adventure, I've hear many many great things about the vibrant.
    08-23-10 06:17 PM
    Enjoy the new phone and stick around...like everyone else said.
    08-23-10 06:22 PM
    Good luck with the new device. You can still check in here on CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 06:24 PM
    There goes another lost BBM'er

08-23-10 06:25 PM
    Enjoy the new phone and stick around...like everyone else said.
    +1

Crackberry is a great forum, and with your experience you might be able to help out a person a two... And great choice of phone, of the androids that is def one of my favorites.
    08-23-10 06:25 PM
    Played with my daughters Droid this last weekend. I was duly impressed. Accessing emails, texts and certain peripherals was a bit involved and half way through the day she had to "go find her charger". I guess that's the price you pay for a high res display. All said I think I'll stick with my blackberry. Besides after finally feeling comfortable with all the settings, shortcuts and learning the lay of the land. I would not want to start over. Enjoy your new device hj and don't be a stranger!

Last edited by albee 1; 08-23-10 at 08:00 PM.
    08-23-10 06:27 PM
    Howejustin....let me know how your Vibrant does with battery. My wife and I are thinking about getting Vibrants in a month or so. Tried Android on a MyTouch Slide, swype was easy to leanr, and I type very fast with it. Battery life was awful. If we can unplug Vibrant at 7am, and go until 1000Pm, we'll get em. Not giving up on BB. Will be upgrading 9700 to 6.0. Just didn't feel like getting the 9780. Will see how the new round of BB's will be for next year...

08-23-10 06:41 PM
    good luck with your new phone and hope to see you around anyway
    08-23-10 08:26 PM
    It is with a bitter-sweet tone that I must bid you all farewell, as I've recently switched to the "dark side" with an Android device (Samsung Vibrant).
    Good luck. I was tempted to switch but the Vibrant did not have a flash, and for a high end phone it did not have front facing camera. Then the ultimate blow is I've got to have my speed dial. The speed list on android just doesn't cut it for me. Enjoy your new phone.

By the way why Vibrant?
    Last edited by MOTH477; 08-23-10 at 11:08 PM.
    08-23-10 11:04 PM
    Enjoy the phone!

But never fear, we'll find you coming back soon lol

08-24-10 02:53 AM
    Great phone, but need me LED light, lol!

Enjoy your new phone and we do have an Andriod sub-forum here...

08-24-10 03:40 AM
    Enjoy the Vibrant. The Galaxy S is a great device. Come hang out with us in the Android sub-forum.
    08-24-10 06:15 AM
    It is with a bitter-sweet tone that I must bid you all farewell, as I've recently switched to the "dark side" with an Android device (Samsung Vibrant). Blame my wife, really, as I bought it for her (to replace her Motorola Cliq) and immediately was taken back by how much us BlackBerry users sacrifice for quick email push and better battery life. In any case, tomorrow will be the day I receive my Vibrant, and will begin my journey through the world of Android.

It's been a great number of years with you all, and I'll fondly remember the time I had here at Crackberry.com.

Now, on to business matters...anybody wanting to buy a like-new condition, unlocked 9700 with tons of accessories and original packaging? hah
    This is about as worthless as Tiger and Elin's divorce becoming final lmao.

What does getting a new phone have to do with you announcing that you are leaving CB?

Oh I get it......You taking the LeBron James approach?
    08-24-10 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD