Today I have went up to 10 of my friends with their Android device's in hand. I asked how secure is your lock function? I then grabbed the phone shut off the screen and I could clearly see the smudge on the phone where u slide your design lock code. I was successful 9 out of the 10 phones I grabbed....FYI the 10th phone did not have a lock on it lol so u can say I was right 10 out of 10... So I ask how secure is your lock on your device....I'm sorry Blackberry is old fashion, You need to type your Password to unlock it BUT hey it still turns out to be more secure. So Cool is not always cool android guys. BlackBerry 4 Life
    mithrazor and menaknow like this.
    12-08-11 11:22 PM
    hahaha. I never thought of that. I should do that next time I use my friends droid phone.
    12-09-11 02:56 AM
    I too have figured this out.

I actually got the idea of using this method when I remembered playing Metal Gear Solid. There's a level in MGS where you have to get through a door via keypad entry.

The way you breach it is by using your thermal goggles and because it's snowing, you can see where heat is left from the guards fingers on the correct keys. You just have to try different combinations...

Ahh, good times, good times...

menaknow likes this.
    12-09-11 03:18 AM
    Dude, we need iris scanning
    12-09-11 04:57 AM
    Nice, but remember to change your pass word bout twice a year cause typing your pass word ten times a day could mess up your key board big time.

Another great reason not to buy an android. Heck, I might unlock my aunt Iphone by this trick
    12-09-11 10:58 AM
    Did I miss something when did Android advertise security?
    slowrvr and Mecca EL like this.
    12-09-11 11:04 AM
    I noticed this with Pattern lock on my Torch.
    12-09-11 01:13 PM
    but cant you put a regular password on an android too?
    12-09-11 01:20 PM
    yes you can
    12-09-11 01:21 PM
    Same thing on the Torch with PatternLock.

I don't use it to secure the phone from outsiders, I use it to protect the phone from unlocking in my pocket and doing something on its own.
    12-09-11 01:25 PM
    I'm sorry Blackberry is old fashion, You need to type your Password to unlock it BUT hey it still turns out to be more secure. So Cool is not always cool android guys. BlackBerry 4 Life

I guess you failed to realize that ALL Androids offer password unlock as well, on top of Pattern locks. I've also got a finger print scanner to unlock (good luck bypassing that one) and as well ICS is bringing Facial Recognition for unlocking your phone..although by Google's own admission, that's more of a "fun feature" than it is for hardcore security.
    12-09-11 02:03 PM
    yes u can ... But thats not cool enough for most android user.... GROW UP
    12-09-11 07:14 PM
    I guess you failed to realize that ALL Androids offer password unlock as well, on top of Pattern locks. I've also got a finger print scanner to unlock (good luck bypassing that one) and as well ICS is bringing Facial Recognition for unlocking your phone..although by Google's own admission, that's more of a "fun feature" than it is for hardcore security.
    I guess u failed to realize that NO ANDROID USER use's any other lock besides pattern lock...why??? because they are all kids...again grow up.... also about your finger print scanner IT SUCKS i have seen it in action and facial recognition is a cool feature to show someone. do u c yourself walking in the mall holding your phone to ur face like ur taking a picture to unlock ur phone??? NO...so again its "cool" and that's all it is.
    12-09-11 07:23 PM
    Did I miss something when did Android advertise security?
    Did I miss something??? when do u need to advertise security??? if u have a lock on the phone ITS SUPPOSE TO WORK. Do u see Mercedes advertise security NO but the dam car has locks... Please explain What u r trying to get at??? U don't need to advertise u jus need to make sure it works... So I guess u did miss something
    12-09-11 07:29 PM
    I too have figured this out.

I actually got the idea of using this method when I remembered playing Metal Gear Solid. There's a level in MGS where you have to get through a door via keypad entry.

The way you breach it is by using your thermal goggles and because it's snowing, you can see where heat is left from the guards fingers on the correct keys. You just have to try different combinations...

Ahh, good times, good times...

MGS was the bomb!

@OP, glad you pointed this out. I guess simplicity works both ways, easier to unlock your phone but easier to break into it too.
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-09-11 07:29 PM
    If you make your pattern a big square, at least it will be harder to figure out where to start.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-09-11 07:33 PM
    I guess u failed to realize that NO ANDROID USER use's any other lock besides pattern lock...why??? because they are all kids...again grow up.... also about your finger print scanner IT SUCKS i have seen it in action and facial recognition is a cool feature to show someone. do u c yourself walking in the mall holding your phone to ur face like ur taking a picture to unlock ur phone??? NO...so again its "cool" and that's all it is.
    I shouldn't even respond to this..because you clearly have the mental capacity of a small child..but I will anyways. You've "seen" finger print scanner, and thus know all about it? Actually mine works flawlessly, as do most others from general consensus on XDA forums. And you obviously know nothing about the "facial recognition" feature or how it works. As for your thread..

12-09-11 08:00 PM
    Rick he is a playbook salesman and is probably making ZERO commission cut him some slack.

He also claims because the iPhone is made of glass and can break thats how apple makes a lot of its money not knowing they sold 30 million phones in a quarter thats 10 million a month OP! So take him with a grain of salt.

And I quote "Ok Apple has 80 billion in cash, My question is how much of that is from cracked screens and replaced devices? We all know carriers don't offer insurance for the Iphone which means dishing out over $500 for a new 1. Any company to make a phone out of glass is clearly a money making strategy, Although I will get a few comments about "how it makes the screen clearer and gives it a much better display" Ok now explain the "Glass Back"? What does the back of the phone have to offer? NOTHING. Anything made out of glass breaks when it drops, So why make something that is pretty much guaranteed to fall at least once in its life time out of glass? (That's all it takes is 1 fall)."

So Rick no worries he obviously does not know much since my carrier
    Provides insurance for both of my iPhones.

Thus the anger. And to the op you said secure. The android lock screen does what it says it locks the phone.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-09-11 at 08:33 PM.
    12-09-11 08:22 PM
    But you can bypass the fingerprint scanner by entering a password instead. and I find the fingerprint scanner doesn't work all that well especially when I need to unlock the phone fast.
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-10-11 02:50 AM
    finger print scanner, lol.
    pretty soon they will start to build those androids with eye-scanner, included with a bubble gums and espresso machines.
    I'm sure the espresso will kill rim and i will move to android.
    Jonathank likes this.
    12-10-11 09:36 AM
    Thank you for making clear that you are a Playbook rep.

Research in Motion must love having your behavior represent them.

I had Pattern Lock on my Storm. I used a key code on my Android and iPhone. But then, I'm a 36 year old kid who knows nothing, right?

You are the worst kind of troll.
    12-10-11 10:37 AM
    Rick he is a playbook salesman and is probably making ZERO commission cut him some slack.

I work on salary buddy and make good money. Commission is for people that work selling plans and contracts and add on features...PLEASE TELL ME HOW I WOULD GET COMMISSION??? I don't work for a carrier u dumb fool... some people are really stupid and u my friend r one of them... all I have to say to u is that u have written over 5000 posts thats crazy stupid and MUST HAVE NO LIFE...really buddy? U r the only one that has seen all my posts because thats ALL YOU DO is stay on this website...u my friend r a looser. I have done 50 posts and I thought i went over board and u have way over 5000 come on buddy take the kids to the park, take the dog for a walk. GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE....I don't need to respond to u, really I don't you posts say it all. GET A LIFE
    12-10-11 10:43 AM
    Again, you are a credit to Research in Motions reputation.

Wow.

FYI - is it really that hard to spell out 'are' and 'you', capitalize sentences, etc? If this is how you present yourself publically as a salesperson in any way, shape or form, you need to rethink your strategy.

For someone accusing others of being a child, you behave like one pretty convincingly...
    Last edited by reeneebob; 12-10-11 at 10:49 AM.
    12-10-11 10:47 AM
    thank you for making clear that you are a playbook rep.

Research in motion must love having your behavior represent them.

I had pattern lock on my storm. I used a key code on my android and iphone. But then, i'm a 36 year old kid who knows nothing, right?

You are the worst kind of troll.

lets make this clear i don't work for rim.. Where did u get that info from?? And what behavior r u talking about, because i mention that most things that are selling features are for kids...am i wrong????
    12-10-11 10:48 AM
    Yes. You are. How do you explain Pattern Lock on BB's then, smart guy?

And as a Playbook rep, like it or not, you are considered a representative of the company whose products you represent. That's how the general public's mind works. The fact that I had to say that to you speaks volumes though. So whether you like it or not, your behavior reflects on the company you yourself say you represent. You call yourself a 'Playbook Rep' on your profile. If you intend on behaving like a troll, I recommend you change it to 'Hardware Sales' or something else. Unless you are calling yourself a Playbook Rep to make your job sound more important than it actually is.

We have a BB Rep that comes into work. They present themselves as a very professional, courteous person. BECAUSE THEY ARE A REP AND THAT IS WHAT IS EXPECTED OF A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE PRODUCT LINE.
    12-10-11 10:54 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD