My skin is plenty thick.. just saying you cant even ask a valid question without getting some bs response. I used to find this site informative and helpful, but is beginning to be a waste of my time. with a New phone and os there is expectantly going to be a lot of issues. It doesn't mean your bashing bb. It is a way to learn your phone and hopefully inform bb of the glitches they should look into. It seems that most everyone who is a bb enthusiast has a phone and os that works just perfect so bb really should just leave the phone just the way it is.
    ihys likes this.
    04-07-13 09:10 PM
    There's no way to really say this without coming across harshly, but some people really need to grow thicker skin if they are reconsidering buying a phone because the online community has changed, or has become more defensive.

On a related note, I've always been quite amused by people's passion about their phone. I don't see people act this way towards the brand of TV they've bought, or the make of their vehicle. Not sure what it is about smartphones that gets people's nuts in a twist, but it reminds me of when I hear middle school kids on the bus say things like "Pepsi is the best, Coke tastes disgusting and people who like Coke are gay'
    Its not about thick skin its about doing research. I can handle the criticism. but is it really worth my time is what I'm getting at.
    04-07-13 09:19 PM
    Yeah when I first found this website couple months ago before I got my phone. I only came for the daily news it had. Then I slowly started to look at the forums and was a lurker for a while. But the general tone of the forums when I first started lurking was just so bad.

Anything negative someone had to say about the os even if it was a legitimate reason was met with a take it or leave it. You don't like it take a hike go to apple where the kids play. BlackBerry is a business phone and you have to be mature. Well if that was the case why are they trying to cater to the average consumer now. They want to win the demographic back since it's the biggest no matter how much you think it's for business. I used to remember when they were at the top and every kid had that so I don't know where you think it's just for business ppl.

And when someone did have a complaint about the os it was like someone said something akin to stabbing ones mother in the face and they had to jump on them for saying something like that.

That's pretty much the only reason I came out of lurking and started posting because some ppl were just so ridiculous and bashing those ppl who had legitimate concerns. It was really frustrating trying to get help.

And the ppl who had that mentality of take it or leave it. When you really look at it they actually do not help BlackBerry at all. Nor help the person who had a problem. It was like they got their panties all up in a bunch or something

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:38 PM
    Maybe its time for you (op) to start your own, non biased strictly informational forums for all mobile platforms. I've considered it but the huge job of moderating said forums is a detract-ant (hmm is this right ) for me. So i read mobile nations and take away what good information i can and ignore the fanboys.
    04-07-13 10:09 PM
    The wonderful thing about the Internet is that it's accessible to all demographics, but the downfall is that you also get a bunch of 13 year olds who trash talk, take things too seriously and think they're king sh!%. If you start a thread that's solely about criticizing BB, what do you expect people to say? I'd expect a lot of 'good riddance' or 'do your research next time' responses if I made a thread saying "I returned my z10 already, but here's why" Now when in the past I asked a question or sought help, sure I got some people calling me a troll, but the majority of people were trying to help. I've been on several types of forums, not just crackberry... You're always going to get internet tough guys, know it alls and pricks.

I think the OP is coming across as a little sanctimonious and the reality here is this is the internet. "Fanboys" are showing because the market of all smart phones is changing. I see preteens using smartphones all the time now, and you're fooling yourself if you think they don't use forums. Think of the other places that the word "fanboy" is used. Console gaming. Need I say more?
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-07-13 10:14 PM
    I understand your frustrations, but in the end it's no use getting mad at the internet. For all you know, some posters may only be 7 years old lol!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:44 PM
    The z10 has such a good virtual keyboard that to me it almost feels like using a qwerty keyboard. So while it is not a replacement it IS a blackberry.

Plus there is nothing wrong with early adopters testing the waters. For all you or we know 60% of all z10 owners just might grab a Q10 too as an additional device or to replace their Z10.

For gosh sakes man folks are just hungry for a truly modern blackberry. Which the Z10 is.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:51 PM
    There is a disconcerting level of negativity in the forums because trolling is on the rise. They are everywhere. New members posting fact less and baseless claims simply to cause tension. My personal favorites are the "I am leaving BB because..." and for the most part nothing is accurate in their rants.

I can relate with the OP to some degree. Stamp out the trolling by not responding plain and simple. Pleading to Kevin will not work yet over 300 posts on that thread already.

Posted from my Z10
    04-08-13 12:16 AM
    There is a disconcerting level of negativity in the forums because trolling is on the rise. They are everywhere. New members posting fact less and baseless claims simply to cause tension. My personal favorites are the "I am leaving BB because..." and for the most part nothing is accurate in their rants.

I can relate with the OP to some degree. Stamp out the trolling by not responding plain and simple. Pleading to Kevin will not work yet over 300 posts on that thread already.

Posted from my Z10
    You make a good point. As long as there is some amount of trolling on the forums, which there always will be no matter what, there will always accordingly remain a level of skepticism among users. It's natural really, as everyone is aware of the troll threat, so we're always watching out for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:46 AM
    everybody just calm down..........
    Easy for you to say, high and mighty on top of your big tractor!
    04-08-13 01:30 AM
35 12