Has anyone looked at the reviews in Google Play Store and seen the fake 5star reviews for BBM? I saw it this morning and thought it looked weird, now BlackBerry have made statement.

BlackBerry 'aware' of suspect reviews, 'working with Google to resolve this' | Android Central

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbm

If this is true, some people have got too much time on their hands
    Last edited by MC_A_DOT; 10-23-13 at 08:16 AM. Reason: added link
    10-23-13 07:28 AM
    Some is definitely spamming the reviews (zealous fans, maybe?). I'm glad they are dealing with it.
    10-23-13 07:37 AM
    I've looked at a lot of those reviews, and while many look alike, I wouldn't be surprised if users just copied and pasted the words, just to say something, since the rating requires a few words to be added.
    SirJes likes this.
    10-23-13 07:38 AM
    Hopefully the crackberry hoarde doesn't get the blame again like when bbm leaks were being passed around like crack a month ago on this site.

The CB team should also not be posting tips on how to bypass the bbm sign up line.

Sometimes this site does more harm than good to the brand.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-23-13 07:48 AM
    I've looked at a lot of those reviews, and while many look alike, I wouldn't be surprised if users just copied and pasted the words, just to say something, since the rating requires a few words to be added.
    That was my first thought. If somebody's first language wasn't English I guess (IMO) they would use someone else's comment as an example.
    10-23-13 08:15 AM
    That doesn't seem very likely. You can't just copy and paste a review in the play store like that. The content from other reviews cannot be copied unless from the browser. Something most legitimate users would not be using. Also it should be noted that you need a Google+ account to leave a review. What seems likely is this group of people used the browser to download the app over and over and used scripts to post fake reviews. Possibly done by a shareholder?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    10-23-13 08:32 AM
    I noticed it yesterday, very obvious.
    10-23-13 08:38 AM
    That doesn't seem very likely. You can't just copy and paste a review in the play store like that. The content from other reviews cannot be copied unless from the browser. Something most legitimate users would not be using. Also it should be noted that you need a Google+ account to leave a review. What seems likely is this group of people used the browser to download the app over and over and used scripts to post fake reviews. Possibly done by a shareholder?

How many times would they have constantly re-download the app? Even if one person uninstalls and then re-installs the app it doesn't add to the download growth...

I don't think it's a shareholder...if it was they must be pretty stupid to copy and paste the exact same paragraph loads of times and not expect anyone to notice.
    10-23-13 08:49 AM
    How many times would they have constantly re-download the app? Even if one person uninstalls and then re-installs the app it doesn't add to the download growth...

I don't think it's a shareholder...if it was they must be pretty stupid to copy and paste the exact same paragraph loads of times and not expect anyone to notice.
    It would if they were switching Google accounts though. And why wouldn't it be a shareholder if not bb themselves? Who else's interest is it to do that?

10-23-13 08:55 AM

One theory that makes sense is that an affiliate abroad is paying people to create G+ accounts, install and leave predetermined feedback.
    10-23-13 08:55 AM
    It would if they were switching Google accounts though. And why wouldn't it be a shareholder if not bb themselves? Who else's interest is it to do that?

Crap my mind went stupid for a moment and I was thinking of someone higher up lol ....yes this could be a shareholder actually...

sorry I'm sleepy and need coffee
    10-23-13 09:00 AM
    One theory that makes sense is that an affiliate abroad is paying people to create G+ accounts, install and leave predetermined feedback.
    Would somebody actually be that passionate enough about BlackBerry to do that though lol? Pretty extreme I must say.
    10-23-13 09:02 AM
    I noticed a lot of the repeated reviews were attached to one star and three star ratings, not just 5star ratings. Go and look again guys.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    10-23-13 09:02 AM
    Some is definitely spamming the reviews (zealous fans, maybe?). I'm glad they are dealing with it.
    What's zealous fans lol?
    10-23-13 09:03 AM
    I noticed a lot of the repeated reviews were attached to one star and three star ratings, not just 5star ratings. Go and look again guys.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    I've seen that too but the majority is 5 star....I really wanna know wtf is going on lol
    10-23-13 09:04 AM
    There are already threads on this topic.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=863415

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-23-13 09:06 AM
    10-23-13 09:24 AM
    Not sure if you've noticed but I did add that in the first post lol...
    10-23-13 10:04 AM
    Why no story on CrackBerry.com?
    Etios likes this.
    10-23-13 01:31 PM
    Wow controversy that HELPS BlackBerry? It's been a strange week really.

Fired from my Z10
    10-23-13 01:42 PM
    One of the top stories in the news is fake BBM 5star reviews. They couldn't wait to slam BlackBerry. Trying to make BBM look bad is a media obsession. Radio DJ on the station I listen to never mentions BlackBerry except for put downs when something goes wrong. No mention about 10million downloads yesterday. But talking up a storm about fake BBM reviews which some how equals BBM being a failler . And why would any body deal with a failed company like BlackBerry. He has never tried BBM but says it old and obsolete. May change stations. Dumb ***.

Posted via Z10
    SirJes likes this.
    10-23-13 02:04 PM