11-01-13 05:06 PM
    guess we find out monday!
    web99 and anon6113468 like this.
    11-01-13 05:12 PM
    Shocker.
    11-02-13 05:20 AM
    Doesn't Fairfax Financial itself have enough money to buy BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:23 AM
    Doesn't Fairfax Financial itself have enough money to buy BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm thinking also haha

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:26 AM
    They don't want to use their own money. That's how confident in the company they are.
    11-03-13 03:36 AM
    After the billions FF lost I think Perma is full of hot air.

Right now I think some lame game
    is being played.

Par for the coarse with BlackBerry and the folks connected to it.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    Mack Gans and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-13 03:48 AM
    That means the Watsa guy is gonna get a big fat juicy cheque for $150m for doing jack-sh!t right? Meanwhile hundreds of us 'ordinary' people are losing our jobs at BlackBerry because we aren't as important to the capitalist system as a Prem Watsa and the rest of his gang gambling and manipulating the 'free markets' of the stock exchange. LOL
    11-03-13 04:08 AM
    That means the Watsa guy is gonna get a big fat juicy cheque for $150m for doing jack-sh!t right? Meanwhile hundreds of us 'ordinary' people are losing our jobs at BlackBerry because we aren't as important to the capitalist system as a Prem Watsa and the rest of his gang gambling and manipulating the 'free markets' of the stock exchange. LOL
    No. FF only get the exit clause if BlackBerry exit the deal. If FF exit due to lack of funding then nobody gets anything.

Posted via CB10
    mornhavon and ghundiraj like this.
    11-03-13 04:26 AM
    As a business person myself, I would like to see someone buy the company that has a vision for the future and not just to snap up their surplus cash and sell off the assets. I still think the brand can survive if they where to lower the cost of their current product line to make it value added to folks wanting to cross over and older customers who where thinking about coming back.

I am from the USA and this is not going to be a easy task because the brand here has died and Android and Apple are the new titans in the smartphone industry here whether you choose to accept it or not. I personally own a iPhone 5 and recently went out and bought another BB z10 because I found myself missing the great features like the Hub and Gesturing. But I am a dinosaur here in the USA and unless you make the product more value added in terms of cost, it will never make a rebound here in any way shape or forum, period.

This is just my own opinion for whats its worth and I will probably get blasted by the BB faithful, but thats how I see it at the moment. My carrier T-Mobile has stopped stocking the BB devices in their stores because nobody is asking for them and you can't expect a business to carry inventory that does not sell. We have a long road ahead and a long ladder to climb and based on who buys the company and how they will set it up for the future will only determine how long the road will be?
    11-03-13 05:05 AM
    11-03-13 09:06 AM
    The big question is, if they cannot procure the funds to finalize the sale, they never had the funds in the first place. How can you bid on something you can't afford. And more so, why would you be entitled to a fee if the deal doesn't go through, and you couldn't afford it in the first place.

WTF

?10
    11-03-13 01:24 PM
    Man they will have the fee if BlackBerry receives and accepts other higher bids.
    My suggestion is that we have to wait tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 02:04 PM
    I've always believed the FF bid to be a scam/sham intended to set a floor on the sale price and to scare out some serious bidders... Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings and if any of the other names being mentioned were doing more than kicking the tyres.

Wonder if BB will miss their own deadline to sell themselves... So unlike them...
    11-03-13 04:53 PM
    Bid for BlackBerry in doubt as deadline nears

Well, it's November 4 here in Australia. Looks like the clock's running out for Watsa and the BOD. I wonder if Lenovo will fall for the bait?
    11-03-13 09:04 PM