Hi everybody,

My name's Dany and I'm the founder of FaceFlow (FaceFlow teases BlackBerry 10 app - Still on track for Q1 release | CrackBerry.com)

The team and I have been working hard to make sure we had something at the Blackberry launch last week, and we were the first chat and video chat service to launch on the BB10 (and still are the only one, with Skype and others not caring enough?) - we actually care a lot and will provide whatever it takes for user satisfaction.

For people who used FaceFlow, and for people who are going to use it, it would be great if you give us your feedback (We see over 700 downloads a day and we became a trending app, so I'm sure some of you have downloaded it! ) - we'll work on them and it should also help us prioritize what's required first.

We're actually providing FaceFlow on the BB10 and directly on the Web, at FaceFlow.com. Our next bigger goal will be to release for iOS and Android - which the development has already started. I think many of you would really need an app that your friends who are (unfortunately) not on BB10 could also use.

In terms of short-term achievements, we're thinking about a close integration with BBM as well voice/video quality improvements.

I do know that one of the most important things, would be to easily import your contacts from Skype, or basically a way to easily fill your contact list - if you have some opinions about this, that would be great.

Thank you!

Dany Pelletier,
    Founder, FaceFlow
    robkd, noelito4three, Mr_F and 9 others like this.
    02-08-13 05:22 PM
    Nice to see you here looking for feedback. I haven't installed it as I don't use Skype and the likes, but I wanted to say I hope this forum proves helpful to you and your team.
    02-08-13 05:30 PM
    Thanks! I will definitely support Faceflow when BB10 gets released here in Mexico, if other developers don't care, I won't care for them either
    02-08-13 06:00 PM
    Dany,

I am the one that made the thread about the infinite loading loop. You solved that problem swiftly and sent an email out when it was done. Very good service.

1. I would really like to utilize this with my iOS friends and even created an account for one of them to use to make it easy. To my surprise when they went on their ipad the it said coming soon. Desktop version required flash so it was no go. I guess maybe that is my only negative feedback. Would like it to be my go to cross platform but it's not possible yet. You have addressed this above and said development is under way.

2. Would like a remember password option. Sick of signing in.

3. Chat sounds are on or off. Changed from within app. Can we get sounds onto profiles to change with them? Wait...just checked again even with chat sounds off it still rings. no vibrate setting. I am on my vibrate profile on my phone. it is not under other applications in notifications.

4. Calls do not show a ring unless app is open on the screen. Make notifications of ring/show in active frame and also hub. I should be able to have the active frame open and be browsing and still know I am getting a call somehow. shouldnt have to have it open on screen.

4. Add ignore option to reject and accept. dont want to reject but want to carry on with something else in the app

5. Dont see an option for display picture. Just shows initials. Display pictures!!!

Great app. Will try and think of more.

Get me hooked on this before skype comes out!!!!!!!
    Dany Pell likes this.
    02-08-13 07:28 PM
    I have it downloaded but I haven't had a chance to try it out. I don't have anyone who has FF who doesn't have BBM video so I usually just use that
    02-08-13 07:45 PM
    Dany,

I am the one that made the thread about the infinite loading loop. You solved that problem swiftly and sent an email out when it was done. Very good service.

1. I would really like to utilize this with my iOS friends and even created an account for one of them to use to make it easy. To my surprise when they went on their ipad the it said coming soon. Desktop version required flash so it was no go. I guess maybe that is my only negative feedback. Would like it to be my go to cross platform but it's not possible yet. You have addressed this above and said development is under way.

2. Would like a remember password option. Sick of signing in.

3. Chat sounds are on or off. Changed from within app. Can we get sounds onto profiles to change with them? Wait...just checked again even with chat sounds off it still rings. no vibrate setting. I am on my vibrate profile on my phone. it is not under other applications in notifications.

4. Calls do not show a ring unless app is open on the screen. Make notifications of ring/show in active frame and also hub. I should be able to have the active frame open and be browsing and still know I am getting a call somehow. shouldnt have to have it open on screen.

4. Add ignore option to reject and accept. dont want to reject but want to carry on with something else in the app

5. Dont see an option for display picture. Just shows initials. Display pictures!!!

Great app. Will try and think of more.

Get me hooked on this before skype comes out!!!!!!!
    Where is this thead. (Edit: Found the thread) My FaceFlow won't open on the Z10. Just a flicker of an active frame that's barely noticeable.

Dany - How long before the Apple and Android versions are ready so I can tell some of my friends to try it?

Edit#2 - Dany, I removed your App, Rebooted Z10, reinstalled your App and it works now. Now I just need some FaceFlow friends
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-08-13 at 08:54 PM.
    02-08-13 07:54 PM
    I have it downloaded but I haven't had a chance to try it out. I don't have anyone who has FF who doesn't have BBM video so I usually just use that.
    02-08-13 07:57 PM
    pmccartney, thanks for reporting that issue, we'll investigate this.

Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes thanks a lot for that feedback. Most of these features will be available soon!
    02-08-13 08:42 PM
    pmccartney, thanks for reporting that issue, we'll investigate this.

Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes thanks a lot for that feedback. Most of these features will be available soon!
    Thanks Dany but I got it running.
    I removed your App, Rebooted Z10, re-installed your App and it works now. Now I just need to find some FaceFlow friends
    I edited my previous post to reflect this as well.
    Cheers
    02-08-13 08:55 PM
    Awesome. As for the iOS and Android app, we'll be able to announce a specific release date soon.
    02-08-13 09:55 PM
    No Z10 in hand yet but I will promote FF once I get mine. I always said all that's needed to get Skype is a little competition! Thanks for providing the competition. Best of luck. It must feel like your running non stop up a massive hill. Keep running!
    Dany Pell likes this.
    02-08-13 11:10 PM
    I downloaded FF for my Z10 it works well. I agree with Bold_Until about those features.

One question I do not is that when I tested it with my girlfriend, she was using the browser version. When we had a video chat on, why was the video of her on my Z10 in landscape?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Enyigma likes this.
    02-09-13 06:16 AM
    When in portrait mode, you could not see her on the right side?
    02-09-13 03:34 PM
    The app was updated a few days ago - please make sure you have the latest version.
    noelito4three likes this.
    02-09-13 04:06 PM
    Just wanted to thank you guys for taking the time to develop a quality application for BB10. Keep up the great work!!
    02-09-13 08:26 PM
    Hi dany, Used ff for the first time this evening on my playbook using the browser which lasted about 20 minutes with no drop outs. Picture was a little pixelated. The main problem was with the sound as there was a lot of reverberations and echoing. Are you going to be working on a application for the PlayBook?
    02-17-13 05:49 PM