So why in the world did I get a q10 when it was time for a new phone. It was because I liked the keyboard and I don't play games and watch videos on my phone. I wanted it because BlackBerry were known for the communication aspect.

Emails, texts whatever BlackBerry should be number one. So can someone please tell me why the Facebook app is so bad? Its absolutely crazy. Messages take half a century to load and there is always a 30 minute delay when someone sends me a message.

Maybe im blaming the wrong people (BlackBerry) but this is seriously making me consider Android or even iCrap.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 04:54 PM
    You can download the android Facebook app

But I agree fb for BlackBerry isn't the greatest it has come a long way but still behind.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 04:57 PM
    I use the hub for Facebook messages, and it has been working perfectly. I don't even visit the actual Facebook wall anymore.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-16-14 04:58 PM
    Yes just stick for the fb messages in the hub.

Powered by Blackberry
    07-16-14 05:16 PM
    I deleted the FB app and just go to the mobile site for the three or four times a month that I check it.

Even though I had disabled hub notifications, it turned out that the app was eating up to 1 gig of data a month. After deleting it, that's how much less a month I immediately saw I was using. Usage of my phone had not changed otherwise. Even though I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan, there's no reason that the FB app needs to eat up that much data in the background... for nothing. I don't know what it's doing on its own, but it never came up showing me everything as soon as I opened it, it still had to load the feeds upon opening. And if notifications were off, what is it really doing?

The only reason I initially turned off notifications was because I didn't need to know about every brain-fart that my family members had, which was all I ever saw anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 05:51 PM
    It's simply terrible. I use Facebook for business promotion so it is actually an important part of my repertoire and business tool.

BlackBerry Please please make FB better! I don't want the android version as I won't likely be able to control permissions.

From my z30
    07-16-14 06:25 PM
    Mine is very inconsistent. For a month it will be slow and laggy, then suddenly it's fast and snappy.

It's actually been working great since the last update. Prior to that it wasn't wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 06:59 PM
    I use the hub for Facebook messages, and it has been working perfectly. I don't even visit the actual Facebook wall anymore.

Same sentiments.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 08:06 PM
    So why in the world did I get a q10 when it was time for a new phone. It was because I liked the keyboard and I don't play games and watch videos on my phone. I wanted it because BlackBerry were known for the communication aspect.

Emails, texts whatever BlackBerry should be number one. So can someone please tell me why the Facebook app is so bad? Its absolutely crazy. Messages take half a century to load and there is always a 30 minute delay when someone sends me a message.

Maybe im blaming the wrong people (BlackBerry) but this is seriously making me consider Android or even iCrap.

Posted via CB10
    I also need improvement in th FB app,
    .yes its 100% slow....and really poor in performance,
    I also can't switch this app through .apk app because I also want the hub support.

Z10 STL100-1 , OS-10.2.1.2977 , Pin: 2B4E77D7
    07-16-14 08:15 PM
    The facebook app sucks, that alone is making me consider switching to iOS. The android app and the browser are not solutions because I don't get notifications on them.

I'm waiting for an official 10.3, that might make Android pushs notifications work. If it doesn't then I'm leaving BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Chintak Mistry likes this.
    07-16-14 08:24 PM
    The facebook app sucks, that alone is making me consider switching to iOS. The android app and the browser are not solutions because I don't get notifications on them.

I'm waiting for an official 10.3, that might make Android pushs notifications work. If it doesn't then I'm leaving BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yikes. You really like Facebook. I am still hoping for its ultimate demise.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    acovey, DJM626 and spikesolie like this.
    07-16-14 08:28 PM
    I honestly do not get what people are complaining about with Facebook.

Messaging and notification are done by the hub and I have experienced no delay in sending and receiving.

As for actually using the application, every story shows up on my wall with minimal delay, and it gets updated every time I "pull the page down" to update. I see the same story that I would see on my computer screen with Facebook web page.

07-16-14 08:31 PM
    With regards to data usage: I believe in the most recent FB update, caching was added, which means only new data is downloaded. It's consistent with what I've observed: I went from consuming 200 MB/month on a 9850 to 200 MB in two weeks with the Z10. After the update, I'm back to 200 MB/month.

As far as lag, I haven't experienced any.
    07-16-14 08:38 PM
    Meh, I've never used the app, I just use the mobile site. Works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 08:38 PM
    I honestly do not get what people are complaining about with Facebook.

Messaging and notification are done by the hub and I have experienced no delay in sending and receiving.

As for actually using the application, every story shows up on my wall with minimal delay, and it gets updated every time I "pull the page down" to update. I see the same story that I would see on my computer screen with Facebook web page.

I'm glad you don't have the problem, but a lot of people clearly do and I'm one of them.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:44 AM
    Yikes. You really like Facebook. I am still hoping for its ultimate demise.

Even if I didn't like it, I need it to keep track of my customers. Is there any problem with that?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:45 AM
    I don't have problems with notifications.

But facebook app for BlackBerry is bad, because it doesn't show you all the news in the 'news feed'.

I combine the app with the mobile site. That's the solution to get the missing part.

Posted via CB10
    Chintak Mistry likes this.
    07-17-14 01:36 AM
    I don't have problems with notifications.

But facebook app for BlackBerry is bad, because it doesn't show you all the news in the 'news feed'.

I combine the app with the mobile site. That's the solution to get the missing part.

Posted via CB10
    You are using just the alternative option,
    it's not the perfect solution.

Z10 STL100-1 , OS-10.2.1.2977 , Pin: 2B4E77D7
    07-17-14 01:47 AM
    Even if I didn't like it, I need it to keep track of my customers. Is there any problem with that?

Posted via CB10
    I have used the BlackBerry, android versions and seen the iPhone version in use. They all suck for different reasons. The hub makes Facebook work well. The app loads slowly but then works fine. No there is no problem with that but I have never heard of a company that dependent on Facebook for anything. I hope you can branch out. Facebook will one day go the way of MySpace and friendster. I hope your business is safe when that happens.

07-17-14 02:04 AM
    I have used the BlackBerry, android versions and seen the iPhone version in use. They all suck for different reasons. The hub makes Facebook work well. The app loads slowly but then works fine. No there is no problem with that but I have never heard of a company that dependent on Facebook for anything. I hope you can branch out. Facebook will one day go the way of MySpace and friendster. I hope your business is safe when that happens.

When that happens I'll already be embracing the next social network platform where I can reach customers and where they can reach me. And yes, the relationship with my customers goes that far to have my own guy interacting with them.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 02:27 AM
    Fb has many bugs...
    1. The uploaded photo or changed photo or status udate doesn't even show up in news feed.
    2. Works slow
    3. Add as a friend option is inresponsive
    4 . Message take much time to load.

ZeE 10 STL100-1
    07-17-14 02:29 AM
    Honestly my only issue with our version of the app is the interface appearance. It looks very outdated compared to the very sleek, refreshed FB app for Android and iOS, not to mention how we're also missing out on a lot of features (e.g. Seeing/posting photos on comment threads, or even just posting a status with the extras like how we're "feeling" and what we're "doing"). I just use my Galaxy S3 over WiFi when I wanna do some hardcore Facebooking. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 02:38 AM
    To be honest even on my pc, Facebook.com certainly doesn't have every damn post updates. There are skip in hours and suddenly I'm reading posts from 4 days ago

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    07-17-14 11:35 AM