Sometimes I don't receive message through facebook for days to my phone and then all of a sudden, I'll receive three in a row from a week earlier.

And the worst part is, is that when I'm on my computer, even then, the message don't show up in Facebook... it's as if they're lost in transit to my phone and as a result, I don't receive them on either my computer or Blackberry.

I'm not talking about email notifications. I'm talking about the actual facebook messages. They seem to just disappear and then show up a week later. One time I received a message from a month earlier, that for some reason I never received.

Any idea how to fix this? It's quite aggravating, not being able to receive messages on either my bb or through my computer browser (chrome).
    12-05-11 11:20 AM
    Sometimes I don't receive message through facebook for days to my phone and then all of a sudden, I'll receive three in a row from a week earlier.

And the worst part is, is that when I'm on my computer, even then, the message don't show up in Facebook... it's as if they're lost in transit to my phone and as a result, I don't receive them on either my computer or Blackberry.

I'm not talking about email notifications. I'm talking about the actual facebook messages. They seem to just disappear and then show up a week later. One time I received a message from a month earlier, that for some reason I never received.

Any idea how to fix this? It's quite aggravating, not being able to receive messages on either my bb or through my computer browser (chrome).
    I had no such troubles on my 9800.
    I would suggest you go back and check your settings both on your PC and on the phone. There is a place where you are asked whether you wish to receive notifications.

I am puzzled by your statement that even on your PC you miss getting notifications. I think you need to check your settings in FB, on your PC.
    12-05-11 11:24 AM
    yep check notifications settings.
    I didn't have any problems with my old 9800 either.
    12-05-11 11:27 AM
    The thing is, I receive some and not others. It's not like I receive none, it's more like I only receive them half the time.
    12-05-11 12:34 PM
    I have done everything possible to try to get my facebook messages and notifications to be sent to my blackberry via, not only the facebook app, but also through texting via facebook. Neither have changed anything.

I have no idea what to do. Sometimes messages come through to my blackberry, sometimes they only go to my computer facebook, and sometimes they don't go to either one and just sit in purgatory for a while until I restart my blackberry and all of a sudden multiple messages appear, as facebook notifications, in my notification bar, along with my regular email, text messages, bbm, appworld notifications. All notifications except facebook pop up instantly.

What am I doing wrong? Everything is set up, both on my blackberry and computer in order to have it work.
    12-17-11 08:51 AM
    Are you using a BETA or an old, unsupported version? Try downloading Facebook via computer instead of App World or vice versa.
    12-17-11 09:19 AM
    There is no way resetting your BlackBerry is going to cause your pc to start receiving messages. Surely that makes sense to you.
    I'm suspect that you mean you sending messages from your blackberry and watching on your pc for them to show up. If this is the case you don't have something setup right. Can't really tell ya what seeings you said you have everthing setup. I will suggest this though. Will in the facebook client go into menu select options look to make sure "to get notifications" is checked. While your here clear your cache. Try to clear it often if you have a lot of traffic.
    Let us know what's going on. Somehow we'll get ya back going.
    12-17-11 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD