As an iOS and Android user, I just use the mobile site.
    I can certainly see why.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    06-30-14 05:32 PM
    Too bad so many unresolved issues

Q10!
    06-30-14 06:42 PM
    Well check this out. I had downloaded the Android version to see if any better. And decided it wasn't. But something told me to look at app permissions - not sure why - but boy was this an eye opener?!

Take a look at permissions you can choose when using FB from BlackBerry world:

Attachment 281688

Now look at what the Android version does to permissions AND they can't be toggled off!!!!:

Attachment 281689

Attachment 281690

Talk about breach of privacy!! If I were Android user i'd pitch a fit..... then run to nearest BlackBerry dealer. LoL

:0 :0

This is common for Android and iOs.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    06-30-14 08:01 PM
    Will these various issues be ever resolved?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 08:49 AM
    Folks have been complaining about the issues with the Facebook app for a while now. I was hoping to see an update to fix some of them.
    08-28-14 10:36 AM
    Folks have been complaining about the issues with the Facebook app for a while now. I was hoping to see an update to fix some of them.
    It's so frustrating that I end up using my android version via Snap or Facebook via browser 95% of the time nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 06:10 AM
    30mb something update available now. Grabbed it and so far so good. Feeds are now up to date. So far so good. Haven't checked the other issues though.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:11 PM
    They are too busy, doing experiments :-))

Posted via CB10
    What experiments are BlackBerry running?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:15 PM
    Well check this out. I had downloaded the Android version to see if any better. And decided it wasn't. But something told me to look at app permissions - not sure why - but boy was this an eye opener?!

Take a look at permissions you can choose when using FB from BlackBerry world:

Attachment 281688

Now look at what the Android version does to permissions AND they can't be toggled off!!!!:

Attachment 281689

Attachment 281690

Talk about breach of privacy!! If I were Android user i'd pitch a fit..... then run to nearest BlackBerry dealer. LoL

:0 :0

Yes but you gotta remember apps need those permissions for a reason

You disable the permission that stops that part of the program from working on bb

With apps things have to work
    Look up Google app permissions
    Now it is a set set of permissions and they are tested for malware via Google play services only recently did bbry vet apps and only from bb10.3 with guardian
    Hence why you should only load from official sources .

Permissions allow app developers to be paid as ads pay for all your free apps not to mention features do require permissions
    When a app stop working because a user does something they shouldn't like edit permissions that disables a feature he wants to use and the developer will most likely get blamed

Permissions isn't something everyone should play with
    most people just wants apps to just work
    sorry apps help people and permissions help them do it like give local shops They are looking for traveladvisor or lowest price in his region like for shopsavvy or local hotels or sites I want to see

Why not embrace technology whybhide from it
    Live life to the fulliest or you will miss out

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-08-14 11:27 PM
    OK, the latest update "kinda" solved the issue of recent feeds not showing up, however, there seems to be a bug.

The same post or feed appears on the app two or three time in one go, if you guys know what I mean.

But, knowing how fast (or slow) Facebook sends out an update for the BlackBerry App, I guess it's gonna take ages again.

I guess, back to the drawing board or should I say android version or browser

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:52 PM
    OK, the latest update "kinda" solved the issue of recent feeds not showing up, however, there seems to be a bug.

The same post or feed appears on the app two or three time in one go, if you guys know what I mean...

I guess, back to the drawing board or should I say android version or browser

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this bug is a major pita! Plus, with some posts, it won't allow me to comment; however, in the browser version, no problem.

Ugghhhh! The woes of this horrid and embarrassing app continue.

Posted on my Zed30!
    10-10-14 09:48 PM
    At least they show the posts now. I think removing the duplicates should be the main focus(hope it's easy for them).

Q10!
    11-01-14 08:50 AM
    I haven't gotten FB notifications to work since 10.3.1.1016. Now I'm on 1151 and still none.

This is true for both Q10 & Z30. I've tried every way to Sunday to get them to work:
    Deleting app itself
    Deleting app through DM
    Adding it using settings -> add account
    Adding it via BBW
    Adding it via reloading bar file manually

Nothing works.

I am.... Mrs. Peevishlicious
    11-18-14 06:34 AM
38 12