I am watching F1 in Silverstone, and the F1 world champions Mercedes AMG have the usual BlackBerry logos and also QNX logos.

This seems interesting for me, for some reason BlackBerry wants to improve visibility on this brand.

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2204
    07-04-15 05:02 AM
    I was wondering if Chen would commit to extending the deal between the 2 companies after the contract expires,well maybe this QNX logo will replace the Blackberry one as there will be no BB in future,lol
    07-04-15 05:12 AM
    Not sure if the move is smart unless BBRY brands more products, like BB10 OS, QNX. No reason for most consumers to be aware of what embedded OS they use.
    07-04-15 05:21 AM
    Not sure if the move is smart unless BBRY brands more products, like BB10 OS, QNX. No reason for most consumers to be aware of what embedded OS they use.
    That is my point. Why making consumers aware of QNX brand?

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2204
    07-04-15 01:47 PM
    I think it might actually be useful because BlackBerry seems to be their consumer brand and QNX could be their "Industry" brand. QNX is an excellent embedded OS and can be used ANYWHERE! The tech is so well designed and versatile that it can run a router, ATM, Airplane, X-Ray machine, Desktop, Fridge....

Just as the AMG F1 cars are sort of a hardcore "Benz" ie the AMG performance principles are then applied to the high-end AMG consumer cars, so too could QNX need some visibility. Some potential interest could come from:

- How does Merceds manage their factories/warehouses/infrastructure operations? (lots of devices, Phones, Servers, Offices communicating securely)
    - automated machinery eg robots, self-driving vehicles, beverage dispeners etc with nice GUIs
    - human diagnostics (How do they monitor Nico and Lewis' health during the race? QNX health devices)
    - Networking in real time (The cars send their real-time data wirelessly to the command. QNX wireless infrastructure)
    - The Command Center has Full GUI Posix Desktop OS with 3D capability using low-end hardware. QNX Neutrino.
    07-04-15 03:02 PM
    Noticed that this morning as well. Could it have something to do with going forward with Android? I kinda hope not..

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    07-04-15 03:07 PM
    QNX used maybe it is more toward auto industry, compared to BlackBerry.... I guest

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 05:02 PM
    The sticker said "QNX a subsidiary of BlackBerry "

Via CB10 from Scotland using Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2204
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-04-15 05:16 PM
    Pics, please... :-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    07-04-15 07:38 PM
    Pics, please... :-)

Here you go. It's also on the front end of the car.
    F1 Mercedes cars with QNX logos-1021615353696832836_197503026.jpg

Posted via the Beautiful BlackBerry PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-04-15 07:59 PM
    Whoa! I didn't think it was that drastic a change. I thought the BlackBerry logo would still be prominent. Anyway, QNX deserves some publicity too and the attention still goes to BlackBerry so I don't mind.

*Edit

Just checked the AMG Petronas site and the BlackBerry logo is still large and in charge on the sides.

http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news...actice-report/
    07-04-15 10:46 PM
    I hadn't noticed before but the Command Center headsets are also BlackBerry branded.
    F1 Mercedes cars with QNX logos-f1-blackberry-headset.jpg

It was also nice to see George Lucas in-house
    F1 Mercedes cars with QNX logos-f1-blackberry-george-lucas.jpg

Another excellent 1-2 race, with the added drama of rain management. I'm still amazed at how much fun F1 is to watch.

I just have to add that this is an excellent place for BlackBerry to advertise. Thousands of fans have their smartphones out in the air taking pictures, selfies, BBM-ing... Now I'm not too sour on the Android Slider. If these fans can be captivated by the high-end, widescreen slider and we "Industry Types" get to keep our beloved QNX-powered BB10 (Passport, Classic) then I'm all for it.
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 07-05-15 at 08:56 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-15 08:42 AM
    I think they should ditch BlackBerry brand anyway. QNX has no negativity tied to it. BlackBerry has lots. You can build on it and say we run 60 Million cars and now you can have that power in the palm of your hand. With BlackBerry they have to explain hey we aren't that OS with spinning clocks and battery pulls.

Posted via Z30
    07-05-15 09:37 AM
    I hadn't noticed before but the Command Center headsets are also BlackBerry branded.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1 BlackBerry Headset.JPG 
Views:	893 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	360982

It was also nice to see George Lucas in-house
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1 BlackBerry George Lucas.JPG 
Views:	891 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	360983

Another excellent 1-2 race, with the added drama of rain management. I'm still amazed at how much fun F1 is to watch.

I just have to add that this is an excellent place for BlackBerry to advertise. Thousands of fans have their smartphones out in the air taking pictures, selfies, BBM-ing... Now I'm not too sour on the Android Slider. If these fans can be captivated by the high-end, widescreen slider and we "Industry Types" get to keep our beloved QNX-powered BB10 (Passport, Classic) then I'm all for it.
    I like that the mic is an actual "berry" with that logo. They could almost eat it... :-)

(edit: the proverbial carrot or berry dangling, haha!)

07-05-15 12:57 PM
    Mark my words, QNX will be everywhere, QNX is Skynet.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 09:14 PM
    Mark my words, QNX will be everywhere, QNX is Skynet.

Posted via CB10
    I'd take that over the Google Matrix any day...
    :-D

07-05-15 11:21 PM
    BlackBerry News ‏@BlackBerryNews - Jul 4

Awesome shot of the @MercedesAMGF1 car with newly added BlackBerry #QNX logo! #BritishGP

F1 Mercedes cars with QNX logos-qnx2.png

BlackBerry News ‏@BlackBerryNews - Jul 3

Geared up to feature our subsidiary #QNX on @LewisHamilton’s car this weekend at the #BritishGP!

F1 Mercedes cars with QNX logos-qnx3.png

BlackBerry News ‏@BlackBerryNews - Jul 25

The #QNX branded @MercedesAMGF1 car powers around the track at the #HungarianGP

F1 Mercedes cars with QNX logos-qnx1.png

http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/media/f...n_2015_v10.jpg

http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/media/f...n_2015_v10.jpg
    antonio266 likes this.
    09-07-15 05:52 AM