What a week for RIM. I think this weeks BlackBerry Jam and the Earning Report are the Eye of the Hurricane for RIM. They are battered bashed and bent but they are still standing and are refusing to break. On Monday the beatings start anew as RIM enters the storm again. It took the last 18-24 months to get here and it will take another 18 - 24 months to get out. Go RIM.
    09-28-12 11:55 AM
    We're number 3 or 4.
    09-28-12 12:04 PM
    we are #3 right now... and we haven't even brought out the big gun yet! 2013 baby!
    09-28-12 12:08 PM
    Yes, op, good analogy.
    09-28-12 12:34 PM
    Agreed. Great way of putting it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    09-28-12 01:52 PM
    I agree. Good comparison.
    09-28-12 01:59 PM
    What a week for RIM. I think this weeks BlackBerry Jam and the Earning Report are the Eye of the Hurricane for RIM. They are battered bashed and bent but they are still standing and are refusing to break. On Monday the beatings start anew as RIM enters the storm again. It took the last 18-24 months to get here and it will take another 18 - 24 months to get out. Go RIM.
    In the eye of the hurricane is the calmest place during an actual hurricane but the outer edges of the hurricane are still mighty unstable and violent. You did know right?
    09-28-12 03:30 PM
    Very good analogy OP. So dead on.

In the eye of the hurricane is the calmest place during an actual hurricane but the outer edges of the hurricane are still mighty unstable and violent. You did know right?
    Um yeah... I think that was the point of the analogy.

They have a breather today (or this quarter's result that is all). Next month in October Windows Phone 8 will be released with Nokia's new Lumia device, and all Blackberry will have is it's existing line against it.

Add also the black friday sales in November in the US, and pre x-mas sales before they end and release the next quarter Q3 in December (it ends on December 1st).

Q3 WILL NOT BE PRETTY... (But I believe that will be the stock buying opportunity, not now...)

Hence the "next edge of the hurricane".

Hopefully now you understand...
    Last edited by menaknow; 09-28-12 at 03:54 PM.
    09-28-12 03:52 PM
    As Menaknow said, yes, that was the whole point. It's obvious by his statement that "On Monday the beatings start anew as RIM enters the storm again." You did read that, right? ;-)
    09-28-12 04:08 PM
    As Menaknow said, yes, that was the whole point. It's obvious by his statement that "On Monday the beatings start anew as RIM enters the storm again." You did read that, right? ;-)
    Sorry I misread the OP. < slap, slap, slap >
    09-28-12 04:10 PM
    Haha, I think you were thinking the eye of the storm was supposed to be this entire week(or even further back)....rather than..the end of the week....a few days. This eye is small!
    09-28-12 04:13 PM
    Yeah Metaphors. How do they work? The hurricane is not a perfect metaphor though because it is not really going to get any easier for RIM. Microsoft is joining the fray again and will be difficult to contain IF they have a compelling solution. Android seems to be consolidating and is a juggernaut. Apple has resources beyond comprehension but can no longer access their reality distortion field generator and are fallible. The next 24 months will be very interesting in the mobile space. Bring on the hurricane. Go RIM!
    09-28-12 07:10 PM
    No worries... :-)
    09-28-12 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD