Guess what everybody?!?!

I'M GETTIN THE CURVE TODAY!!! woooooooooohoooooo I'm freakin stoked for this moment and I just wanted to share all of my joy with you. Gosh I'm so dang excited.

I do have a few questions though. I did a full back up and I also backed up all my third party applications via Crucial_Xtreme's guide. The thing is, I'm going from a Verizon Pearl 8130 to a Verizon Curve 8330 and I have some model specific themes that are the Pearl's versions. So I backed up all the third party apps and it included the themes for my Pearl in there. Is it going to harm my Curve when I load all my third party apps (including the pearl themes) back onto my new Curve. I just want to make sure I do everything right, and if anybody out there has the patience and willingness to walk me through this process step-by-step, that would be greatly appeciated. Sorry, I'm just kind of OCD and a perfectionist! Any help at all would be fantastic

Gosh I'm so stoked, I just love you all!!!!!!!!
    07-22-08 05:05 PM
    Yes sir, first, CONGRATS on the new device!! 2nd, you do not want to install the Peal themes onto the Curve. So, I'd delete the themes(hopefully you have the .zip) and re-backup the 3rd party apps. Let me know if you need any help. Just PM me, and we'll get it handled.
    07-22-08 05:11 PM
    Congrats!!!! You will love it
    07-22-08 05:12 PM
    Congratulations! Any berry is a good berry. Just partial to the Curve
    07-22-08 05:13 PM
    Grtz on the upgrade m8. Youll love the Curve.

It would be best if you deleted all the Pearl only stuff though. Dont wanna take any risks.
    07-22-08 05:14 PM
    Thank you, thank you!! Any tips from transitioning from the Pearl to Curve? Advice? Tricks? Necessities?
    07-22-08 05:17 PM
    I can't help with your questions but congrats on your new BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 05:17 PM
    Congrats! The OS upgrade will give you a video recorder.

07-22-08 05:21 PM
    Video recorder? On my Pearl I already had video recording capabilities. Is this not true for Verizon's OS for the Curve?
    07-22-08 05:24 PM
    It took you long enough!! Congrats though!! :) Hope you enjoy it!!

07-22-08 05:25 PM
    meh another guy getting a Curve

Gotcha! Didn't I? Congrats brother, you're gonna love it
    07-22-08 05:29 PM
    meh another guy getting a Curve

Gotcha! Didn't I? Congrats brother, you're gonna love it
    LOL!! Goodness that thread last night was quite interesting lol!! I'm just so giddy right now I might as well be a teenage girl gettin asked to the middle school dance!!
    07-22-08 05:30 PM
    congrats on the New Curve..
    07-22-08 05:35 PM
    I'm new to BB & these forums & just got the new 8330 & have the video recorder. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by FoX_RideR; 07-22-08 at 05:42 PM.
    07-22-08 05:37 PM
    I'm new to BB & these forums & just got the new 3330 & have the video recorder. Am I missing something?
    Apparently an "8" on your k/b j/k

No you're not missing anything and you have more device
    memory the any of the other 83xx models
    07-22-08 05:41 PM
    Thank you, thank you!! Any tips from transitioning from the Pearl to Curve? Advice? Tricks? Necessities?
    I can give you a few pointers.

1- The CURVE has a qwerty keyboard (that I'm sure you didn't know) so be prepared to tear it up with that bad*ss keyboard!!!

2- The CURVE has a bigger, brighter, higher resolution screen so be prepared to get lost in that beauty!!!

3- The CURVE has more onboard memory so be prepared to download apps at will and ENJOY them!!!

4- The CURVE has a higher capacity battery AND it lasts longer!!!

5- Welcome to the FREAKIN' club baby , yeah!!!!

07-22-08 10:13 PM
    Congrats but I got better news I am getting my new car in 2 or 3 days

07-22-08 11:10 PM
    Congrats on the curve- the qwerty keyboard is the bomb! My friends have all asked me how the heck can I type so fast on my phone (ahem-its not a phone)and I just answer "its my bada** curve".

07-23-08 02:43 AM
    Congrats but I got better news I am getting my new car in 2 or 3 days

How rude! Total way to hi-jack a post... How do you know your news is better rameal999?
    07-23-08 04:45 AM
    Ballin, CONGRATS!!!
    Now here's a tip- the enter key on the Curve!
    On the Pearl its last-bottom right. On the Curve, that same "enter" is a shift key. After you get Ur Curve, let us know how many times U hit the right shift.
    07-23-08 07:01 AM
    Lol @ ScandaLex!

Ballin ,

Well , don't leave us hangin' we are DYING to know is it a boy or a girl? How long was the delivery??

Last edited by GrandMasterB; 07-23-08 at 07:38 AM.
    07-23-08 07:34 AM
    Congrats on the curve. You definitely made the right choice there. I have had my curve for over a month and have not looked back since I got it. Getting a BB was the best choice I could have made .

07-23-08 08:15 AM
    Congrats on your new Curve!!
    07-23-08 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";