When I call Verizon Technical Support for BB's The guy on the phone hardly knows anything about BB's and I really need help!!!!

Is there another number I can call to get help?

My problem is my internet speed is not fast. It takes about 5mins to get the websites to come up (If im lucky). ON a EVDO Connection with all bars.

Heres a video of what my speed is like:
    Video BlackBerry Internet Speed - BlackBerry, Smartphone - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

Im gonna take this stupid phone and FLUSH it down the toilet if It wont work right!!!!!!
    06-16-08 05:01 PM
    Did you try pulling the battery, rebooting and maybe sending service books? I don't know if that would help with your problem, but guess it's worth a try
    06-16-08 05:08 PM
    I would try to resend the service books...
    06-16-08 05:16 PM
    I just checked back here to see what carrier you were on....I also have Verison. You can go to options - advanced - then host routing table. Just click on one of those, click menu and then click register now That is another thing you can try.
    06-16-08 05:21 PM
    Adonis is that happening with every site, or some more than others?
    06-16-08 05:23 PM
    Its with any site I try to gain access to. Does BlackBerry have a customer service number?
    06-16-08 05:35 PM
    Its with any site I try to gain access to. Does BlackBerry have a customer service number?
    Why don't you try getting a different Verizon rep on the phone who does know what they're talking about.. Or try having one of your parents call...?
    06-16-08 05:36 PM
    They do but to get to it, at least with AT&T, you have to be routed
    to them by a CSR. Ask the next rep you speak to if they can do that for you.
    Make sure you get a case number.
    06-16-08 05:40 PM
    That is pretty slow, but it really does not tell you much.

Try it Google.Com. If that takes a minute, there is a problem.

3 seconds on Wifi.
    06-16-08 05:41 PM
    Dude when did cameras get that amazing? There was a light on in your room but since you were focusing on something with a light source it dimmed everything else around it... WTF?!
    06-16-08 05:53 PM
    A couple of minutes...do I have wifi?
    06-16-08 05:55 PM
    No. The 8130 has GPS, no Wi-Fi
    06-16-08 06:19 PM
    Adonis...did you try to resend service books yet or click on one of the host routing tables and click register now?
    06-16-08 06:25 PM
    i have at&t and that happens to me too. however, not all the time. i usually clear the cache, close down the application, do a battery pull, and it starts working. It doesnt happen often, i think it happens when your phone lacks memory.

maybe i'm wrong but its a shot
    06-16-08 06:46 PM
    No, but you can use that as a benchmark. If Google is that slow, there is a problem.

What is typical for Google home page to refresh? I would expect less then 15 seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 07:05 PM
    Nice vid. I sometimes get that with T-mobile. I usually do a battery pull and my internet is back to normal. Good luck!
    06-16-08 07:18 PM
    i have at&t and that happens to me too. however, not all the time. i usually clear the cache, close down the application, do a battery pull, and it starts working. It doesnt happen often, i think it happens when your phone lacks memory.

Good idea, clearing the cache. Didn't think of that one, although I do it all the time. I really don't seem to have big issues with the browser. Once in a while it's slow, but not too often.
    06-16-08 07:18 PM

Actually you are right. I did what you said and it worked my mem was at 10 mb.
    06-16-08 07:19 PM
    Actually you are right. I did what you said and it worked my mem was at 10 mb.
    Good news! Now relax and enjoy your BB again.
    06-16-08 07:29 PM
    10mb? You should start clearing up your memory a little bit.
    06-16-08 07:30 PM
    Perhaps, also, one should start by eliminating the real problem: The Carrier! Verizon needs to be shut down, they're nasty, smelly, and just all around plain bad

Dis Disclaimer: I had a very bad experience with $650 dollars spent on an 8830 when they first came out, primarily in the form of a gimped gps chip! I can't stand Verizon for that reason and for no other. The network is fine as far as coverage goes, and penetrates well into rural markets. I just don't like their policies. The above was meant as a quip of sorts, but I'm still not happy with what I feel they did to me.

Until I can go back to AT&T, I'm going to be fairly unhappy.

--Firefishe
    06-16-08 08:25 PM
    Perhaps, also, one should start by eliminating the real problem: The Carrier! Verizon needs to be shut down, they're nasty, smelly, and just all around plain bad

Dis Disclaimer: I had a very bad experience with $650 dollars spent on an 8830 when they first came out, primarily in the form of a gimped gps chip! I can't stand Verizon for that reason and for no other. The network is fine as far as coverage goes, and penetrates well into rural markets. I just don't like their policies. The above was meant as a quip of sorts, but I'm still not happy with what I feel they did to me.

Until I can go back to AT&T, I'm going to be fairly unhappy.

--Firefishe
    Hey now watch your mouth...
    06-16-08 08:47 PM
    anything else I can do???? ive already saw the link to optimize the memory and did that
    06-16-08 11:06 PM
    anything else I can do???? ive already saw the link to optimize the memory and did that
    2 things if you haven't, I'm, not looking at that thread so I don't know if this is in it

go to media player > press menu > select options > go to device memory limit and set it to the lowest number

then go to reserved pictured memory and set that to zero.

that'll get you back 5-7mb
    06-16-08 11:10 PM
    and dont forget to clear Event Log by holding down ALT then L,G,L,G

click menu and clear log. It gets rid of old, unneccessary memory
    06-17-08 01:55 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD