Hi All,

I'm a longtime Windows Mobile user thinking of switching to Blackberry. The only hesitation I have is over how well BB devices sync with Outlook. I know they do notionally sync, but how well?

I feel like I've read a lot of forum posts talking about problems in this department. I just want to know that my Outlook contacts / tasks / calendar and notes will sync reliably and solidly, without e.g. dropping contact fields etc.

Can anybody share their experiences with this please? (especially if you were a previous WinMo user). The 24 month contract I'm looking at is a big commitment!

Many thanks,

Jamie.

(This is my first post on this forum - I am pretty experienced with the various WinMo forums around and am aware of how frustrating it is when people post repeat questions, post in the wrong section, don't search etc - I hope I haven't committed any faux-pas with this, I did search but didn't find anything beyond various technical issues people were having)
    10-23-09 03:07 PM
    I have been using it for over a year now and no problems at all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JC61 likes this.
    10-23-09 05:42 PM
    I've been syncing my curve & outlook 2007 for almost a year and have not had any issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JC61 likes this.
    10-23-09 05:46 PM
    Hi All,

I'm a longtime Windows Mobile user thinking of switching to Blackberry. The only hesitation I have is over how well BB devices sync with Outlook. I know they do notionally sync, but how well?

I feel like I've read a lot of forum posts talking about problems in this department. I just want to know that my Outlook contacts / tasks / calendar and notes will sync reliably and solidly, without e.g. dropping contact fields etc.

Can anybody share their experiences with this please? (especially if you were a previous WinMo user). The 24 month contract I'm looking at is a big commitment!

Many thanks,

Jamie.

(This is my first post on this forum - I am pretty experienced with the various WinMo forums around and am aware of how frustrating it is when people post repeat questions, post in the wrong section, don't search etc - I hope I haven't committed any faux-pas with this, I did search but didn't find anything beyond various technical issues people were having)

your success with syncing to outlook really depends on your version of outlook and desktop manager version. I am a tech support person for big red and have seen less issues with syncing info from blackberry desktop manager than I have with customers using active sync...not to say the program is perfect, but it tends to be considerably more user friendly and easier all around to use instead of active sync or wmdc. I came to bb from an xv6700, a winmo phone and havent looked back. Outlook 03 or 07 are going to be your compatible versions of outlook that work with newer desktop manger versions, 4.7 and higher...hope this helps
    JC61 likes this.
    10-23-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD