Hey all,

I'm an ex-Blackberry Bold 9000 user that sold out a while back, but I've seen the light and want to return, I'm looking at getting the Pearl 3G 9105 to keep me going for the next year and then I'll see what Blackberries are availabe.

But, could you fine people help me with a couple of items

1) Which web based email service is the best for BBs? I currently have a live.co.uk (hotmail) but I see from various posts that hotmail seem to have delay issues with push email?

2) With point 1 above in mind, do BBs still only poll for new emails every 15 minutes and then more regularly when an email is found and sent, or are they all instant all of the time, or are some like this and some not?

3) If I've got multiple email accounts on my BB, will they have their own inboxes or are the emails merged into one place? (I only had 1 email on my BB 9000, but now have more)

4) Do BBs use OTA updates now or is it PC based only?

5) And finally, is anyone happily running OS 6 on the Pearl 3G 9105? Is RIM supporting this update to OS6 on this phone?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure theres more but I can't remember them at the moment!

Thanks for any help you can give, all the best to you all
    01-04-11 04:59 PM
    1) Gmail has great integration with BIS; can sync calendar and contacts, also other Gmail features like 'star message' etc.
    2) Push email is instant. BIS does go down sometimes though (RIM server problems).
    3) Separate inboxes, but you can view them all in one if you'd like.
    4) OTA and PC updates
    5) I'm not sure
    01-04-11 05:08 PM
    Hi Cash,

Thanks for the quick reply, most appreciated

With GMail, is that via putting my email details on my carriers BIS site or using the GMail app?

Thanks again, and anyone else know about point 5?
    01-04-11 05:20 PM
    Carriers BIS site.
    01-04-11 05:35 PM
    There are leaked versions of OS 6 for the Pearl 3G.

Leaked OS 6.0.0.424 for the BlackBerry Pearl 3G | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by CASH; 01-04-11 at 05:40 PM.
    01-04-11 05:36 PM
    You should note that Hotmail opperates on a "pull" system, checking every 15 minutes or so unless regular mail is retrieved as you mentioned. I have heard that hotmail accounts opened before 2000 will be instant push.
    01-04-11 10:05 PM
    You should note that Hotmail opperates on a "pull" system, checking every 15 minutes or so unless regular mail is retrieved as you mentioned. I have heard that hotmail accounts opened before 2000 will be instant push.
    Would you happen to know if Hotmail is only pull on BIS or for all other devices as well? I ask as I currently have a Nokia E72 & Hotmail, and it seems that I get my messages the same time they arrive in my inbox?

Thanks for the info
    01-05-11 12:16 PM
    One more question to the crackberry masses (I knew I forgot one).

Does the blinking LED notification still only blink for 15 minutes or can you now change that in the options, without the need for another app?

Thanks
    01-05-11 12:37 PM
    One more question to the crackberry masses (I knew I forgot one).

Does the blinking LED notification still only blink for 15 minutes or can you now change that in the options, without the need for another app?

Thanks
    There is a setting to have the LED flash or not. As to how long it actually flashes for when a msg, email, bbm comes in-i don't know, I've never timed it lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD