Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 118
Like Tree74Likes
  1. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Everytime someone writes a farewell to Blackberry on here they have an OLD device

    I never understand this. There is always a random post about someone frustrated with their Blackberry talking about how they're getting an iPhone tomorrow, but 9 times out of 10 they are frustrated with their 2010 or older phone.

    I just saw a post from someone who wrote a farewell to Blackberry coming from a 9700...saying that they are leaving because RIM cant keep up lol.

    I hear it all the time. Somebody complains and complains about how all Blackberry's suck, but when you ask them which Blackberry they have, and its like a Storm or Pearl

    Are some people really that clueless or are they just looking for an excuse to blame RIM and jump ship?
    Thanked by 2:
    ajst222 (09-13-2012),  igor10000 (11-04-2012) 
  2. helis4life's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    i use a 9860 and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone. its not terrible, just not what i expect in a phone in the 21st century. im hoping bb10 delivers, im slightly pessimistic that it will perform how im hoping. the iphone5 looks nice and i possibly might switch if rim cant come up with the goods. ill give them till January

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  3. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helis4life View Post
    i use a 9860 and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone. its not terrible, just not what i expect in a phone in the 21st century. im hoping bb10 delivers, im slightly pessimistic that it will perform how im hoping. the iphone5 looks nice and i possibly might switch if rim cant come up with the goods. ill give them till January

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but a 9860 isn't your typical or classic Blackberry. They kind of went out of their lane with an all touch device, so Im sure its not perfect compared to other touchscreen devices out now.
  4. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,525 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    If RIM hasn't offered anything new that grabs their attention, they've failed to retain that customer. If they've had a terrible experience with their existing phone, they're also under no obligation to give the company another chance. If a steakhouse ruins my $40 strip loin, I'm not going to give them another $40 to try again next time. I'll just go somewhere else.
    Last edited by mikeo007; 09-13-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    brucep1, Yaceka and richardat like this.
  5. luqman24's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,944 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I'm gonna say that theyre either trolling or they're clueless because if you're using an old blackberry, obviously it won't be as good as the newer ones. Tell them to get an iPhone that came out the same time as that blackberry they're using for example the iPhone 3G. Ive had that iPhone before and it is very slow and ended switching to a blackberry bold 9000 2 months later. Comparing a phone that came out 2+ years to a phone that recently came out just shows how clueless that person is. So it's just plain stupidity IMO.
    Last edited by luqman24; 09-13-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Thanked by:
    shemaree09 (09-13-2012) 
    shemaree09, vespajet and bb624 like this.
  6. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I went from a 9900 to a Nokia Lumia 710 running Windows Phone 7.
    No regrets. None.

    Waiting for WP8 and hoping for BB 10.
    Yaceka likes this.
  7. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    If RIM hasn't offered anything new that grabs their attention, they've failed to retain that customer. If they've had a terrible experience with their existing phone, they're also u der no obligation to give the company another chance. If a steakhouse ruins my $40 strip loin, I'm not going to give them another $40 to try again next time. I'll just go somewhere else.
    but they have. OS 7 is new and the Bold 9900 is new. They came out 1 yr ago.

    You cant complain about a company "not keeping up with the times" when you have an old device from 3 years ago.

    Thats like saying Toshiba makes terrible televisions, and you still have a fatback CRT Toshiba TV from 2009 lol
  8. joski's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,181 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    I went from a 9900 to a Nokia Lumia 710 running Windows Phone 7.
    No regrets. None.

    Waiting for WP8 and hoping for BB 10.
    That's the key right there. Clearly the Lumia is a sound fit for you right now. In all honesty, if I had to make a choice due to a lack of BlackBerry in this world (heaven forbid), I'd be going in that direction as well.
  9. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,525 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    but they have. OS 7 is new and the Bold 9900 is new. They came out 1 yr ago.

    You cant complain about a company "not keeping up with the times" when you have an old device from 3 years ago.

    Thats like saying Toshiba makes terrible televisions, and you still have a fatback CRT Toshiba TV from 2009 lol
    I'm sorry, but how do you know that the new Bold was able to catch their attention? I didn't say RIM didn't introduce anything new, I clearly stated that it just didn't catch the attention of the person switching phones.
    richardat likes this.
  10. svelt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    446 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luqman24 View Post
    I'm gonna say that theyre either trolling or they're clueless because if you're using an old blackberry, obviously it won't be as good as the newer ones. Tell them to get an iPhone that came out the same time as that blackberry they're using for example the iPhone 3G. Ive had that iPhone before and it is very slow and ended switching to a blackberry bold 9000 2 months later. Comparing a phone that came out 2+ years to a phone that recently came out just shows how clueless that person is. So it's just plain stupidity IMO.
    A 9700 was around the same release period as the 3GS, around 2009/2010. I think that was the last time Blackberry was still considered somewhat competitive, as I recall reading forums and blogs frequently comparing these phones against each other with the vote often split down the middle. Then the iPhone 4 came out in the summer of 2010 and all RIM had for an answer was the 9700 + 2 MP and extra RAM. It's basically been downhill from there.

    I'm a big fan of the 9900, if it wasn't for the waiting of promised land of BBX/BB10 I would have upgraded to it by now. Still think it's the segment leader for anyone wanting a physical keyboard to write up emails/reports or take notes. Many of my iPhone friends and colleagues have been impressed with seeing how smooth the OS is and the crispness of the screen and have commented on how they did not expect this from a Blackberry.
    morganplus8 and shemaree09 like this.
  11. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    I'm sorry, but how do you know that the new Bold was able to catch their attention? I didn't say RIM didn't introduce anything new, I clearly stated that it just didn't catch the attention of the person switching phones.
    That's their fault. You cant say a company isn't keeping up with the times if you dont seek out what they currently have to offer.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
  12. Blackberry_boffin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    691 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Truth be told right now in market BlackBerry devices are feeling their age.
    But if you have blackberry right now you really should understand you are NOT using the latest smart phone. It's normal to compare, rightly or wrongly.
    I met a guy moaning his latest and greatest 9320 was handicapped in many ways till I pointed out that it was a budget OS7 device and OS7 devices are old now.
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
    - Albert Einstein
  13. GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,638 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES
    #13  

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    If RIM hasn't offered anything new that grabs their attention, they've failed to retain that customer. If they've had a terrible experience with their existing phone, they're also under no obligation to give the company another chance. If a steakhouse ruins my $40 strip loin, I'm not going to give them another $40 to try again next time. I'll just go somewhere else.
    Thank you! Some people may have gone through multiple devices running different operating systems and after being burned by all of the phones they tried, they didn't want to try OS7. Can't say as I blame them any. With BB10, it will hopefully give those of us who left a reason to come back.
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

    Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
  14. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,525 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    That's their fault. You cant say a company isn't keeping up with the times if you dont seek out what they currently have to offer.
    You're still missing the point. If what they offer isn't good enough for ME, then I don't want it. Again, how do you know the person in question didnt try and dismiss a 9900 as one of their options? The 9900 is not the best phone for everyone, or even most people, otherwise sales numbers would reflect that.

    And I'm using "me" hypothetically since I'm not the one switching phones.
  15. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry_boffin View Post
    Truth be told right now in market BlackBerry devices are feeling their age.
    But if you have blackberry right now you really should understand you are NOT using the latest smart phone. It's normal to compare, rightly or wrongly.
    I met a guy moaning his latest and greatest 9320 was handicapped in many ways till I pointed out that it was a budget OS7 device and OS7 devices are old now.
    Maybe it all goes back to RIM putting out too many devices. Your average consumer doesnt know the differences between each phone/series. I guess whatever phone they currently have at Verizon or whatever is assumed to be the "newest" one.
  16. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,784 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    That's their fault. You cant say a company isn't keeping up with the times if you dont seek out what they currently have to offer.
    The problem here is the assumption that they don't. You cannot look at the device a person is currently using and assume they have not done their research be it reading blogs, tech sites, reviews,talking to friends, family and coworkers, and even trying the devices out before making their decision.

    There are many many people who have older devices and have done some or all of the above and still came away unimpressed. So be it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  17. FlashFlare11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,142 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    I understand the OP's point.

    I use an OS7 device (Torch 9810), but it's difficult for me to recommend it to anyone looking for a smartphone now because:

    a.) BlackBerry 10 is coming and will be incredible, rendering the current crop of BlackBerry devices outdated by RIM's own standards
    b.) I'm very different in that what I need is not what the average person needs. BlackBerry is perfect for me and I would gladly buy another BB device. But I'm not like most people; apps aren't important to me. Multimedia isn't really that important to me. But those two things are huge for most others, and those are two places where BB lags a bit behind the competition.
    c.) I'm a diehard BB fan and can put up with BlackBerry's shortcomings because I appreciate what's being given to me in return.
    d.) I'm aware of RIM's situation as a company and want to see it succeed in the end.

    Those factors are unique to me and that is why that, although I love my BB, I find it difficult to recommend it to someone who's looking for a new phone.
  18. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    You're still missing the point. If what they offer isn't good enough for ME, then I don't want it. Again, how do you know the person in question didnt try and dismiss a 9900 as one of their options? The 9900 is not the best phone for everyone, or even most people, otherwise sales numbers would reflect that.

    And I'm using "me" hypothetically since I'm not the one switching phones.
    I get what you're saying but most of the time they havent tried out the 9900. Im not saying its the best, but its the best Blackberry right now in comparison to the competition. Of course there are limitations, theres no need to go into detail.

    Previous BB's from before were thick, had horrible web browsers, stupid trackballs and no touchscreen. Comparing a phone like that to an iPhone 4S is just silly. Im talking about people completely writing off RIM because of stuff like that.
  19. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    The problem here is the assumption that they don't. You cannot look at the device a person is currently using and assume they have not done their research be it reading blogs, tech sites, reviews,talking to friends, family and coworkers, and even trying the devices out before making their decision.

    There are many many people who have older devices and have done some or all of the above and still came away unimpressed. So be it.
    Right. And there is nothing wrong with that. Im talking about the people who haven't. And there are a lot.
  20. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    but they have. OS 7 is new and the Bold 9900 is new. They came out 1 yr ago.
    Neither the BlackBerry Bold 9900 nor the BlackBerry OS 7 is anything spectacular or revolutionary; at best it was an incremental update of both the Bold series smartphone and operating system. As I recall BlackBerry OS 7 began life as BlackBerry OS 6.1 but was publicly released as BlackBerry OS 7. Apple has been pulling the same trickery with their Apple iPhone and iOS including the latest offerings.
  21. joski's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,181 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    You're still missing the point. If what they offer isn't good enough for ME, then I don't want it. Again, how do you know the person in question didnt try and dismiss a 9900 as one of their options? The 9900 is not the best phone for everyone, or even most people, otherwise sales numbers would reflect that.

    And I'm using "me" hypothetically since I'm not the one switching phones.
    A thread created on CrackBerry, for the sole purpose of kicking the ground and pouting for all of us, just goes to show how bereft of logic they may possibly be. I know that there are different devices for different people and I respect that. I'm the who keeps saying coexistence all the time. What I'm getting at though is for the most part, when a thread like this is created and the device is old, it's pre-entitlement. They see their friends with their unnecessarily and ridiculously-spec'd devices or flooded app stores, look at their now-archaic phone, and they feel wronged. So much, that they need to shout it at the top of their lungs. Or in this case, with a pacifier in their mouth on a forum catered to FANS of BlackBerry devices.
    shemaree09 and Bobcat665 like this.
  22. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    Neither the BlackBerry Bold 9900 nor the BlackBerry OS 7 is anything spectacular or revolutionary; at best it was an incremental update of both the Bold series smartphone and operating system. As I recall BlackBerry OS 7 began life as BlackBerry OS 6.1 but was publicly released as BlackBerry OS 7. Apple has been pulling the same trickery with their Apple iPhone and iOS including the latest offerings.
    I disagree. For Blackberry it was.

    Its the first updated Blackberry is classic form.

    Touch+Type+Trackpad combo thats faster, thinner, and a MUCH better web browser. Those are pretty significant changes physically and OS wise.

    I couldn't imagine still using my 2009, 8900 Curve in 2012 and making a long farewell letter about how much it sucks and why Im leaving RIM. Of course it does! lol
  23. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,482 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Ops most be referring to this thread.

    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...e-user-744684/
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1


    Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
  24. geoffsdad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,587 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    When I get my BB10 phone, I can't wait to diss my 9650 in a goodbye thread!
  25. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBud68 View Post
    Ops most be referring to this thread.

    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...e-user-744684/
    That kind of inspired it. But also friends, people on twitter, co-workers.

    I hear this kind of stuff all the time.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions