People have issues with their z30,z10,q10,classic,passport,and q5 before u update a software update u need to call blackberry that's what I did I called blackberry last week and asked should I update to 10.3.1 they told me no wait a little longer till we fix all the bugs and I'm on 10.2.1 missing all the cool features but at least my z30 works perfectly fine
    I have no idea about the prevalence of issues, and don't really care.

However, you shouldn't have to call the manufacturer before installing an update they pushed over the air. That's just ridiculous.

An update with issues is a failure of QA. It happens, but it's not the consumer's fault if it does -- especially since the companies build "automatic updates" toggles into their settings. If there are going to be regular issues with updates, they should all be manual. But if you want to keep your customers, regular problems with updates are a bad idea. In the end, the onus should be on the manufacturer to produce high quality software, not on the consumer to check in to make sure it's not garbage.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 03-26-15 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Clarity
    03-26-15 10:50 AM
    I have no idea about the prevalence of issues, and don't really care.

However, you shouldn't have to call the manufacturer before installing an update they pushed over the air. That's just ridiculous.

An update with issues is a failure of QA. It happens, but it's not the consumer's fault if it does -- especially since the companies build "automatic updates" toggles into their settings. If there are going to be regular issues with updates, they should all be manual. But if you want to keep your customers, regular problems with updates are a bad idea. In the end, the onus should be on the manufacturer to produce high quality software, not on the consumer to check in to make sure it's not garbage.
    According to your definition, every software rollout in history is a failure of QA.

But I agree that no one should have to call the manufacturer. If it is released, it is officially sanctioned, approved, and encouraged.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-26-15 11:16 AM
    I have issues with the issues with people who people who don't have issues with the issues

Posted via CB10
    You have issues.
    03-26-15 11:19 AM
    This thread is an excellent example of because a few have issues... they make it sound like everyone does.... It is like when I bought my first Jeep..... before buying my first... never noticed any on the road... After I bought it... guess what ... that is all I saw... Same thing here... because you have problems or read about others who do... that is all you see when you read the threads on forums... as shown in this thread... vast majority have no issues... not to say there are none and it sucks when it happens to you... to put it into perspective... I have upgrade OS a couple of times on my Z30 not a lick of trouble... really improved the overall experience. My wife's Iphone 6 however has been a nightmare for us... and actually many who I know who bought one as well... whole raft of us went without phone service till Apple put out a patch... because I or others have these issues does not make it a bad phone choice.... just a bad experience....
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    03-26-15 11:32 AM
    Most OS issues are botched installs, PEBKAC or people complaining about difference instead of any actual bug.
    Not going to argue, but I can say for sure that issues/bugs exist. Look at the Calendar view on my Z30 (running on official 10.3.1.2558), recently updated OTA. There are two days marked as 21st, there is no 22nd, and today is Thursday 27th of March, while the calendar highlights the Wednesday. If this is not a bug, I don't know what is! Also, FYI, I have never used leaks or sideloaded anything.

Everyone seems to have issues-img_20150326_220059.png
    03-26-15 12:36 PM
    The new os is better than 10.2.1 even with the issues. I would never go back to 10.2.1. I have received two updates since 10.3.1 was released, the most current one solved everything but a phone call delay.

Posted via CB10
    That phone call delay is so annoying my gosh.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    03-26-15 12:44 PM
    Not going to argue, but I can say for sure that issues/bugs exist. Look at the Calendar view on my Z30 (running on official 10.3.1.2558), recently updated OTA. There are two days marked as 21st, there is no 22nd, and today is Thursday 27th of March, while the calendar highlights the Wednesday. If this is not a bug, I don't know what is! Also, FYI, I have never used leaks or sideloaded anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150326_220059.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	343943

Everyone seems to have issues-img_20150326_135703_edit.png

I as well have z30 running on official Ota and don't have this issue as you do.Perhaps it's your phone and maybe the reason why it highlight the wednesday it could be that you may have selected the Wednesday just saying as it goes to what ever date you select. Try doing a hard reset by holding the volume up button and down together after the screen shot it would reboot, another member told me if this option.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    03-26-15 01:03 PM
    Hence, "most". Not all.
    03-26-15 01:35 PM
    I am still awaiting the official release for the older q10. Since it is a corporate phone, rules are no Unofficial release
    03-26-15 01:35 PM
    My only issue is I can't put my gorgeous BlackBerry Passport down.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    03-26-15 01:44 PM
    If u have an issue.......here's a tissue

Posted on my Z30.......while on the can
    03-26-15 01:44 PM
    I as well have z30 running on official Ota and don't have this issue as you do. Perhaps it's your phone and maybe the reason why it highlight the wednesday it could be that you may have selected the Wednesday just saying as it goes to what ever date you select. Try doing a hard reset by holding the volume up button and down together after the screen shot it would reboot, another member told me if this option.
    No, I haven't selected Wednesday. It is supposed to be whatever today's date is (hence, only one date highlighted in Green). Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried all kinds of resets (soft, hard, semi-hard,...), multiple times, to no avail. And, I doubt it's the phone, since it was working perfectly on 10.2.1.

As mentioned over and over again by many in various posts, just because some people don't experience any issues, it doesn't mean bugs don't exist (similar to the argument that just because some people experience issues, it doesn't mean all have issues.)!
    03-26-15 01:52 PM
    I have not experienced any true issues using a leaked OS. But, I do not load an OS until I read through Crackberry's forum. Once the masses approved and provide their feedback and experiences, I make a decision from that point to load or not to load... Just my $0.02
    03-26-15 01:54 PM
    No, I haven't selected Wednesday. It is supposed to be whatever today's date is (hence, only one date highlighted in Green). Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried all kinds of resets (soft, hard, semi-hard,...), multiple times, to no avail. And, I doubt it's the phone, since it was working perfectly on 10.2.1.

As mentioned over and over again by many in various posts, just because some people don't experience any issues, it doesn't mean bugs don't exist (similar to the argument that just because some people experience issues, it doesn't mean all have issues.)!
    I agree with you 100%. We all use devices for different reasons, so some features that you use other may not hence the reason for different experiences with the same devices! I remember when I first received my BB-Passport I had to return it. Issues upon issues, I mentioned it in a Passport post and almost got called a BB-basher (I was not even bashing the device just stating what I am experiencing). Once I received the replacement, everything just worked perfectly.
    03-26-15 02:06 PM
    Seems odd that BB would tell OP that
    I am highly skeptical
    03-26-15 02:15 PM
    BlackBerry Help never worked for me!
    03-26-15 02:33 PM
    After the 10.3 update I went through it to check out the new and changed things with my laptop on the CB article listing the 10.3 update . I tried things out and adjusted settings. The next day I did the same thing with my girlfriend and her Z10 so she could see what's new. After I started finding bugs I'd tell her and she said she didn't have it. After a week I picked up her phone and went though it. I found one bug I have and showed her. She just said I only use BBM and email and answer the phone so it doesn't matter. So I guess it's just the luck of the draw and what you use and if a bug, bugs you . After trying various fixes listed on CB I've gone back to 10.2 for now. Besides working better it looks better. Flat icon look old, this isn't a 90' flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:37 PM
    According to your definition, every software rollout in history is a failure of QA.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Well, I don't have all of the evidence, so I can't confirm that every rollout has involved a failure. I think the definition is rational, though: If there's an error in the software, then it's a QA failure. I don't think I can fit an else in that statement, but if someone else can, I'd find it entertaining.
    03-26-15 02:41 PM
    I went having no issues with 10.2.1 to have several annoying issues with the latest update that was pulled. I reloaded my phone 4 times(3 via computer and 1 OTA) and I get several different issues after each load. I've given up trying to get everything working. I'll just wait for the fix in the works. I basically just use my Z10 to answer phone calls now. It doesn't even so that properly now! Using it to do anything else raises my blood pressure as I encounter so any issues. No longer browse as it over heats, typing is no longer a pleasant experience, can't listen to music as I get clicking noise in my ear buds
    ...if I can get the music player to work , apps won't install properly(Twitter), connectivity issues. My phone is a now a barely functioning brick! I've never loaded a leak on my phone. Only official release software.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:47 PM
    Only issue I had was a microSD card not recognized (exfat support not complete at that time). I have been on leaks as soon the first one for 10.0.x became available. I don't remember been using an official BB 10 OS for any of my BB 10 devices (happy Z10 and Z30 owner).
    03-26-15 02:56 PM
    People have issues with their z30,z10,q10,classic,passport,and q5 before u update a software update u need to call blackberry that's what I did I called blackberry last week and asked should I update to 10.3.1 they told me no wait a little longer till we fix all the bugs and I'm on 10.2.1 missing all the cool features but at least my z30 works perfectly fine
    Go on any forum for any platform in Mobile Nations at any time and you'll see this recurring trend. People having problems with their mobile device.
    anon(9188202) and web99 like this.
    03-26-15 03:10 PM
    Well, I don't have all of the evidence, so I can't confirm that every rollout has involved a failure. I think the definition is rational, though: If there's an error in the software, then it's a QA failure. I don't think I can fit an else in that statement, but if someone else can, I'd find it entertaining.
    An error in software or a fault in hardware does not imply a failure in the QA model. There will always be a margin of error unless you plan to test each and every device running every conceivable variation.

I'm just saying that the threshold for "success" is something less than 100%.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    03-26-15 03:23 PM
    Only issues I have since going to 10.3.1 is my phone has a few seconds delay from swiping to answer and being able to talk, and my SlingPlayer app doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 03:38 PM
    if error_in_software:
    QA_failure = True
    else:
    QA_failure = False

not that entertaining, i'm afraid

Or, in the spirit of Python's 'it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission' philosophy

try:
    release_software()
    except ErrorsInSoftware:
    release_software()
    finally:
    promise_update()

In which case, why bother caring about ErrorsInSoftware? Refactor to

release_software()
    promise_update()

I'm sure BB is doing one or the other

Anyway, I have the screen flickering issue and sometimes my videos are green. Fixing that usually just involves quitting the offending app or reloading the video. Certainly an embarrassing QA failure but nothing that makes me regret doing the update.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-26-15 03:38 PM
    Normally I would expect to have tons of issues but I got the official update from wind and I have had zero issues thus far on my Z30. I am actually surprised by how speedy my phone has become and how everything seems brand new. Almost like I have a new phone.

I like how I can finally control the spotify android app with the media keys on the side of the phone and to me the camera software seems better so they have addressed most of my complaints.
    03-26-15 04:25 PM
99 1234