No...

They pretty much announced that they want to sell the company.

Ask anybody with a business background, and they'll tell you that "strategic alternatives" is the polite, business jargon for "For sale!".

That's why all the news articles have been focused on a sale. No smoke without a fire, and so on.

As for the OP initial point that sales might be good, if some stores are sold out: that's very doubtful.
    We know that production of the Z10 has been slashed first in half, and then a couple of months later, another (smaller) cut.

So there aren't that many handsets to begin with, and combined with the lowered expectations for Z10/Q10 sales, that would mean that quite a few carrier stores only have an inventory of a handful of units. That leads to a situation where a couple of unexpected sales, will lead to the phone being "sold out" in some stores.

But it doesn't say anything about the overall sales, that we know aren't as good as expected.

Also keep in mind that some carriers are looking to EOL the Z10 soon. I believe it was Verizon that even deleted any mentioning of it, on its website?
    So OP where is the fabled multiple millions of z10 sold?
    It sure aint in the bbrys warehouse where 1billion dollars worth of z10s sit unsold
    09-21-13 12:43 PM
    So OP where is the fabled multiple millions of z10 sold?
    It sure aint in the bbrys warehouse where 1billion dollars worth of z10s sit unsold
    I never said there were 'fabled multiple millions' of Z10 sold. But since you ask, it's an odd situation where BlackBerry show a huge unsold inventory but retailers sell out, don't you think?

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-21-13 12:59 PM
    I never said there were 'fabled multiple millions' of Z10 sold. But since you ask, it's an odd situation where BlackBerry show a huge unsold inventory but retailers sell out, don't you think?
    No. The retailers don't have access to that huge unsold inventory. They stocked a few phones that's it. Once you accept this simple proposition, then things will start to make sense. No more odd mysteries.
    09-21-13 01:03 PM

Are you being sarcastic? Because that's exactly the situation that would be caused by retailers not buying large quantities at once...
    09-21-13 01:04 PM
    But since you ask, it's an odd situation where BlackBerry show a huge unsold inventory but retailers sell out, don't you think?
    How is that odd? Retailers choose what SKUs they want to stock, and how much they want to stock.
    09-21-13 01:07 PM
    How is that odd? Retailers choose what SKUs they want to stock, and how much they want to stock.
    The reason it was odd is that EE, one of the major carriers in the UK, was out of stock for at least a week. That's a long time for a phone that isn't selling.

09-21-13 02:42 PM
    The reason it was odd is that EE, one of the major carriers in the UK, was out of stock for at least a week. That's a long time for a phone that isn't selling.

If they weren't selling a lot, then restock times will run slower, and quantities will be smaller. So, that's not unreasonable at all.
    09-21-13 03:15 PM

No one bought the phones.
    Therefore no one wanted to stock it.
    Leaving BlackBerry with almost $1bn in unsold inventory that wasn't shipped to stores that weren't selling it.
    Why is that so hard to comprehend?

It's tragic for the people, but don't keep trying to turn chicken sh** into chicken salad.
    09-21-13 03:24 PM
    Actually it makes perfect sense. Devices which sell at a low rate receive less frequent restocking.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-21-13 03:35 PM
    Just to mention this, we currently are offering the Z10 for $0 PLUS and $100 in store credit and we still can't get any nibbles.

So we are essentially paying $100 to buy the thing and no one wants it.

Ouch.
    09-25-13 04:24 PM
    Just to mention this, we currently are offering the Z10 for $0 PLUS and $100 in store credit and we still can't get any nibbles.

Ouch.
    It's not surprising though, is it?

Not only has BlackBerry received a shedload of bad press recently but the poor punters have been given no reason to buy it by the company itself.

All I can say is everyone, without exception, who I know who has given the Z10 a go absolutely loves it.

Which, I suggest, says everything about how good the phone is and, conversely how bad the marketing message has been...

09-25-13 04:41 PM

Ouch.
    Who is 'we'? Or at least what country are 'we' in?
    09-25-13 04:46 PM
    Who is 'we'? Or at least what country are 'we' in?
    Source stores, Canada. On Bell, 2 year contract new customer, or add a line.
    wafguy likes this.
    09-25-13 04:54 PM
    It's not surprising though, is it?

Not only has BlackBerry received a shedload of bad press recently but the poor punters have been given no reason to buy it by the company itself.

All I can say is everyone, without exception, who I know who has given the Z10 a go absolutely loves it.

Which, I suggest, says everything about how good the phone is and, conversely how bad the marketing message has been...

Maybe you just don't know enough people. As for marketing, if that is indeed the problem the company appears ill-equipped to fix it, despite multiple CEOs, multiple COOs, multiple CMOs, multiple platforms, U2 and Alicia Keys.
    09-25-13 06:18 PM

LMAO. You just answered your own question. It's easy to rack up $1 billion in unsold inventory when the company ships maybe 2,000 phones at a time to a retailer so they can claim "We're sold out!!"

And by the way, please change your display picture. Malcolm Tucker would give you the bollocking of a lifetime if he saw the sad spin job you attempted after the recent batch of BBRY news pulled the rug out from under you.
    chr1sny likes this.
    09-25-13 08:47 PM
90 ... 234