Is anyone here a GTD person and uses a BlackBerry? I use the GTD system with Evernote. Post your pin if you want to share info!
    07-29-14 10:52 PM
    Can you explain how you use this with Evernote? I have Evernote and all it does ios sit there on my phone. I am in constant search for a list making app, something I can update....
    I am subscribing. Please explain how it all works for you!!!
    07-30-14 07:07 AM
    By Dominic Wolff - Master Getting Things Done the David Allen Way with Evernote: Your 7-Day GTD Immediate Action...

You can purchase through Amazon Kindle. It's a great guide to get started. I use Evernote on my PC and phone.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-30-14 07:38 AM
    Evernote is like my second brain. To get started, I listened to the gtd audiobook then used the site thesecretweapon.org
    jaydee5799 and Vorkosigan like this.
    07-30-14 08:47 AM
    Evernote is like my second brain. To get started, I listened to the gtd audiobook then used the site thesecretweapon.org
    What "gtd audiobook" are you referring to? Link? Agree re thesecretweapon.org - great site for those interested in GTD!

- R.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-30-14 12:20 PM
    Listen to the audiobook "getting things done"
    07-30-14 05:00 PM
    I use iqtell.com. They have an app that sadly doesn't work great on BlackBerry for me (amazon app store) but I use it daily on the computer and I like that I can email it Tasks that are put as actions.

It also integrates with Evernote - which integrates with Remember.

Free if you don't want to sync your emails - you can still email your tasks.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-30-14 05:36 PM
    I use Evernote mostly to keep track of lists and collections. Grocery lists, packing lists, etc. work really well if you format them with check boxes, and check them off as you go. I also keep a collection of recipes on hand there, as well as receipts for online purchases, in case I need to return or exchange anything later.

Evernote provides each user a unique email address so you can directly email anything to your account from anywhere. You can even add tags via the Subject line so that it will automatically be tagged the next time you open Evernote.

The Firefox "Add to Evernote" plugin lets you save web pages or sections of web pages directly to your Evernote account too.

What I can't figure out how to do is to integrate the Remember app with Evernote. How does that work?

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    07-30-14 06:14 PM
    Thanks for all your ideas guys! Everyone here has given me new energy to open Evernote and Get To It!

I have condensed all my notes into folders! Yay!
    And I am going to add the evernote firefox extension. Thanks Ragbert!
    Ragbert and Vorkosigan like this.
    07-30-14 07:05 PM
    I use Evernote mostly to keep track of lists and collections. Grocery lists, packing lists, etc. work really well if you format them with check boxes, and check them off as you go. I also keep a collection of recipes on hand there, as well as receipts for online purchases, in case I need to return or exchange anything later.

Evernote provides each user a unique email address so you can directly email anything to your account from anywhere. You can even add tags via the Subject line so that it will automatically be tagged the next time you open Evernote.

The Firefox "Add to Evernote" plugin lets you save web pages or sections of web pages directly to your Evernote account too.

What I can't figure out how to do is to integrate the Remember app with Evernote. How does that work?

I honestly don't remember the initial set up - I think if you go under your account settings you can link them up.

After that - if you create a folder in Remember just make sure you create it as being an Evernote synced folder. It will have the Evernote elephant on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:35 PM
    Imho, bb10 is the gtd tool. Emails sync effortlessly to the native remember app just by flagging. These are then filed into folders and dated for a reminder. When the task is complete and I need to respond to the email, I do it straight from the task. No searching for emails.
    If you really need to use an external Evernote, just set up the folders in remember and it will sync cross platform...no problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:04 PM
    Hi JayDee - my pleasure! :-)

Thanks for all your ideas guys! Everyone here has given me new energy to open Evernote and Get To It!

I have condensed all my notes into folders! Yay!
    And I am going to add the evernote firefox extension. Thanks Ragbert!

jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-31-14 01:36 AM
    Do you mean account settings in Remember or in Evernote? I looked in both on my device, and didn't see any reference to connecting them. I also looked in Hub settings and the only accounts there are my email accounts, unrelated to Evernote.
    I honestly don't remember the initial set up - I think if you go under your account settings you can link them up.
    I tried creating a new folder in Remember too - there's no option there to create it as an Evernote folder. I'm either blind or missing some important piece of information here. :scratches head:
    After that - if you create a folder in Remember just make sure you create it as being an Evernote synced folder. It will have the Evernote elephant on it.

07-31-14 01:50 AM
    Imho, bb10 is the gtd tool. Emails sync effortlessly to the native remember app just by flagging. These are then filed into folders and dated for a reminder. When the task is complete and I need to respond to the email, I do it straight from the task. No searching for emails.
    If you really need to use an external Evernote, just set up the folders in remember and it will sync cross platform...no problem.

Posted via CB10
    Can you provide a little more detail?
    07-31-14 01:51 AM
    Action able email received...
    Flag the email in the menu. This automatically syncs the email to the "unfiled" folder in remember. I might do this with multiple emails while I am working and don't have a moment to schedule. Then, go to the remember app, open "unfiled". Select email you want to schedule. I have multiple clients that have frequent requests, so each client has their own folder....so, move email to appropriate folder, and set as a task. This allows you to attach a due date and reminder date, make notes, add files and pics, etc. (note: virtually everything on the phone syncs to remember if you use the bb10 menu....pictures, voice notes, files, texts, etc., and they are all treated with this process....."unfiled", move to appropriate folder, date task) The reminder date will automatically sync with your bb10 calendar, and show up in your daily agenda, and at the top of the hub. When you complete the action, go to the remember app, open the correct folder, select the item, click on the email and respond to the client, or simply click on the item in your calendar and you will be taken straight to the app.
    I have found no app for ios or android that can do all of these things....especially using the native calendar, and being able to sync emails as action able tasks.

If you use Evernote on multiple devices, and need it to sync, things change. You will need to create folders in your remember app that sync to Evernote (use the drop down menu when you create the folder to find the option). You can move any item to these folders using the above method, however, emails can't just be flagged. You will need to forward the email to your Evernote account using the same procedure as in ios, android, or pc. Evernote has a lengthy discourse on how to do this properly....
    Stay organized and get things done!

Posted via CB10
    BigHulkDiesel likes this.
    07-31-14 06:07 AM
    To link Evernote to Remember go into the general phone settings and select accounts. Add account and select Evernote. Once you've logged in it will automatically sync to Remember.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan and Ragbert like this.
    07-31-14 06:36 AM
    To link Evernote to Remember go into the general phone settings and select accounts. Add account and select Evernote. Once you've logged in it will automatically sync to Remember.

Posted via CB10
    ^ this

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 07:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I prefer to use Remember for the Share menu when I'm in the browser as well. I've tried using the Evernote from Share but it doesn't let me choose which folder to put it in.

I wish they had the Share Menu from the Hub as it annoys me to flag something into a unfilled source. Then I have to touch the item twice to re-file it which isn't very efficient.

I do think that the BlackBerry Hub is the best example of a GTD system for communications. I tried pointing this out to iqtell when I was asking for a native Bb10 app.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 07:13 AM
    Right there is where I am lost. When I create a new folder in Remember, I don't have an Evernote option in the dropdown. I have the Evernote app on my phone though and it syncs to my Evernote account just fine. Just not to Remember.
    If you use Evernote on multiple devices, and need it to sync, things change. You will need to create folders in your remember app that sync to Evernote (use the drop down menu when you create the folder to find the option).

07-31-14 09:06 AM
    Easy! Go to your main accounts settings, and sign into Evernote there.
    Then,"remember" becomes the "app". I never use the actual Evernote app.

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    07-31-14 10:43 AM
    I prefer to use Remember for the Share menu when I'm in the browser as well. I've tried using the Evernote from Share but it doesn't let me choose which folder to put it in.

I wish they had the Share Menu from the Hub as it annoys me to flag something into a unfilled source. Then I have to touch the item twice to re-file it which isn't very efficient.

I do think that the BlackBerry Hub is the best example of a GTD system for communications. I tried pointing this out to iqtell when I was asking for a native Bb10 app.

Posted via CB10
    I use the share menu for almost everything and the Evernote icon pops up. It puts things into my default Evernote folder.
    07-31-14 11:07 AM
    Thank you so much! This was the missing link! I didn't know you could or needed to create a Hub account for Evernote - I'd been using the Evernote app instead. As soon as I created the Hub account, the Remember app auto-populated with all of my Evernote folders -amazing.

Thanks again!

07-31-14 12:41 PM
    I created my folders in Remember App:

Evernote and GTDers on BlackBerry-img_20140731_203317.png

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-31-14 01:34 PM
    Does anyone know how to add an Evernote account to the Playbook? Is it even possible?

08-01-14 12:01 AM
    Does anyone know how to add an Evernote account to the Playbook? Is it even possible?

Yes, I did it once... so I have it on my PB, let me check out the steps... I forgot it... Post will be updated today!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Ragbert likes this.
    08-01-14 12:40 AM
42 12